• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

KF2 update: http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/231151632201345579

What We Are Up To - Lord Of The Manor
8 MAY - [TW]YOSHIRO
This is our first State of the Killing Floor 2 Union Address. We are a couple of weeks in from our launch on Steam Early Access. During our time in Early Access we'll be bringing you regular updates on what we're up to and what's coming next (includes visuals of the new stuff!). Everybody here is working hard away at something. For some their task of investigating the critical bugs and crashes continues. While we fixed many of these with hotfixes and the first patch, there are still some left lurking that aren't giving us good data. To that end with the next update will include some additional logging and catching mechanism in hopes of getting us more information to address these issues.

That isn't all that is going on. Data, data everywhere! From watching others play (both in-game and on streams), to forum discussions to live gameplay data from servers, we are absorbing it all. This is the area where we'll collect and collate date, listen and discuss - we don't have all the answers yet. Perk balancing discussions are ongoing (did somebody mention the Berserker yet? Yes? Ok), as are the feature refinement meetings (what do you, the players, dislike, and how can we change that). As we continue development we will be talking more and more about these items (what those items are will be ever changing as well) . But right now we are still figuring out much of that as we pour over data sets.

But what is the next visible piece? That we do know. While there are many irons in the fire here at Tripwire HQ (maps, perks, weapons, characters, bosses, more?) we are closing in on what will be the first content update for Killing Floor 2. We are pleased to announce the (Work In Progress) new map - Manor.

http://tripwireinteractive.com/media/2495/KillingFloor2_Manor_Reveal_0003.jpg

Set against a Swiss cliff side, this modern fortress hides many secrets. While the raging storm outside approaches, evil has begun to leak out from its imposing walls. You are being invited in (well you've been offered dosh to clear the place out!), are you up for the challenge?

http://tripwireinteractive.com/media/2496/KillingFloor2_Manor_Reveal_0004.jpg

http://tripwireinteractive.com/media/2497/KillingFloor2_Manor_Reveal_0007.jpg

And this is only the first of what is to come (see the previously mentioned irons in the fire)! We'll be posting more info very soon with more details - so stay tuned!

Tizoc

Alien Vs. Predator exists... unfortunately.

Boy are you dissin' one of the best arcade games, not just of all time, but my childhood?
;P
alien_vs_predator_capcom_1994_by_myroboto-d3c8kv7.jpg

...but nah brah whenever someone says AvP that game comes to mind and only that masterpiece.

The one thing I remember about AVP 2 is renting it when I went to visit my uncle and near the end of the film there's a bit where the subtitles say something along the lines of "Loud suspenseful music, then sudden silence" and we were in tears.

Alien Vs. Predator exists... unfortunately.

oh is the predator the good guy in that movie? I've only seen glimpses of it when they used to give it on hbo, didn't care enough to watch the whole thing. Alien vs Predator is the one where there was a doctor guy who was pretending to be all weak and shit but he was actually a pretty fucked up person right?

I actually like AVP as an action film more than Alien has a horror/thriller. I wasn't young in the '80s, though.

AVP is a failure on just about every level. The long-hyped confrontation between the two species boils down to wrestling-esque matches, the film is noticeably cut down to a skeleton, too many flashy maneuvers and a lopsided focus on the human protagonists with the most generic traits.

Despite 2 fixing this via the Wolf character (and there are admittedly some cool sequences involving him), it's a film that's alternatively gorn and teenage melodrama. I don't understand what they were going for - it goes from schlock like "are you looking at the clock, or are you looking at me" romance to a woman being impregnated with hybrid Predalien babies that squawk like newborn chicks.

Just absolute garbage and a stain on the legacy of the first two films of both their respective series.

And I'm done my rant for the day.

Unicorn

oh is the predator the good guy in that movie? I've only seen glimpses of it when they used to give it on hbo, didn't care enough to watch the whole thing. Alien vs Predator is the one where there was a doctor guy who was pretending to be all weak and shit but he was actually a pretty fucked up person right?

That's Predators - with an s at the end. Awful, awful movie.

AvP was set in like Antarctica. Humans stumble upon the ritual battle. There are some fantastic AvP comics as well with one arc revolving around a woman that was accepted into the Predator tribe. So, maybe that could be inspiration. Also, who doesn't want to play as a fucking Pred?

There are some fantastic AvP comics as well with one arc revolving around a woman that was accepted into the Predator tribe. So, maybe that could be inspiration.

Fun fact - there was an AVP/Machiko film script in play at FOX in the early 90s, and apparently everyone who read it loved it, but it got stuck in development hell and never came to fruition.

Tizoc

well well well....what we have here ?

the game is available now in UAE , its the meddle east version which is censored ( nudity and less blood )
witcher 2 is banned is the meddle east

I can still buy it on steam >_>;
Go brag about it over in the Witcher 3 threads :p

Unicorn

Fun fact - there was an AVP/Machiko film script in play at FOX in the early 90s, and apparently everyone who read it loved it, but it got stuck in development hell and never came to fruition.

no. NO. noooooo. NOOOOOOOO! Why don't I get this?!

Like, I was soooo ready to forgive AvP 1 because it seemed to totally set up for Machiko at the end. I was waiting for it. Like, "yes, yes, pull her onto the ship. She's earned her rank. Teach her. Give me thisss."

Then it wasn't. And FUCK AVP

kulapik

Back from a two week ban with a giveaway. Have at thee

ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kulapik, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Talisman -- MB-30F1DB974526FC94 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
CONSORTIUM -- MB-A0F9397CB4C58052 - Taken by freshVeggie. 3 entrants total.

t1431111627z1.png

derExperte

Won this one a while ago so time to give it back.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dokuro -- MB-FA0A6DF963E4B17C - Taken by InfiniteNine. 2 entrants total.

t1431112227z1.png

That's Predators - with an s at the end. Awful, awful movie.

AvP was set in like Antarctica. Humans stumble upon the ritual battle. There are some fantastic AvP comics as well with one arc revolving around a woman that was accepted into the Predator tribe. So, maybe that could be inspiration. Also, who doesn't want to play as a fucking Pred?

oooh ok. and i agree with the last part. predator has some really cool weapons so it would've sucked if they didnt include it because its not a "hero"

I watched the trailer for Woolfe...

Listen to the music:
https://youtu.be/M1uQ1K3Neo8?t=52s

It's very similar to:
https://youtu.be/HlGxcekfsho?t=57s

what do you think?

they do sound a lot alike. also i loved beetlejuice when i was kid :) don't know how it would old up today without my nostalgia glasses

Chariot

yo i remember watching the movie. i was trying to get into star wars since its so popular but i just hate the series so much(same goes for lord of the rings). I like the concept of it but its executed very poorly imo, its boring as shit. I've tried watching 3 different star wars movies with one of them being the clone wars and i fell asleep in all of em. I do however enjoy some of the games and I like the designs for nearly everyone in the series. I actually want to get the disney infinity figure of that girl from the clone wars cause she looks awesome and the figure looks really damn good!
I wasn't really into Star Wars either. I only saw Revenge of the Sith and half of Return of the Jedi and also some weirdass Ewok Spin-Off. And of course I know the general story, it's impossible to escape Star Wars in the Internet afterall. I thought it was a bit lame for having absolutely evil and good in the form of Jedis and Sith.

But the series is seriously awesome and the good of the Jedi and the bad in the Sith contrast the complicated grey area in everyone else. It's brutal both in actual violence (for a kids show that is) and in truths and truly difficult situations in a war.
That's what she - oh :(

This game looks promsing

Crossing Souls is an Action RPG with orthogonal 2D view with an 80s looking style, slightly similar to classics like Legend of Zelda or the most recent indie game Hyper Light Drifter.

The story is inspired in films like The Goonies, E.T., Explorers and Super 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom