• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Lazy Guy Extras:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Defenders: The Second Wave -- MB-9DF078A89855D8FF - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
NAISSANCEE -- MB-7D0DE74A378AA3C7 - Taken by SalsaShark. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
BoxesWithGuns (Desura) -- MB-3FEB1662017CEFEA
BoxesWithGuns -- MB-A9E69487DEEC8F4C - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 1 entrants total.
JONES ON FIRE -- MB-70A718DC3C603756 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Treeker: The Lost Glasses (Desura) -- MB-40F8C7132293043A - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Sword of the Stars: The Pit -- MB-F60A1C6C436A855B - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Velocibox -- MB-140BD4664C21FF39 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.

t1431115587z1.png

r3n4ud

Few extras

ModBot said:
Instructions for r3n4ud:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Letter Quest -- MB-C9F867C7B216C80A - Taken by BruteUA
Spark Rising -- MB-29445B70B6F34A11 - Taken by Kuroyume
t1cxE6r.gif
Of Orcs and Men -- MB-B54B5B2968D3002A - Taken by TheAutomator

DocSeuss

See you guys in a week.

I have 150 pages of writing to do between now and then. I'll spend most of my time sleeping, writing, or occasionally (occasionally!) playing games. No social media or fora for me until it's done.

60 of those pages are due TODAY.

rtcn63

See you guys in a week.

I have 150 pages of writing to do between now and then. I'll spend most of my time sleeping, writing, or occasionally (occasionally!) playing games. No social media or fora for me until it's done.

Good luck, and don't forget the punctuation.

Parsnip

That DoubleFine Dev's Play video for SoTN featuring Igarashi really seals the deal.

Everyone to the happening bunker.

#TeamSword

r3n4ud

See you guys in a week.

Get 'er Done!

Also, to spice things up, use Doc Seuss's writing method and rhyme everything. Would make an interesting read.

Haunted

See you guys in a week.

I don't even know how it would be physically possible to produce that much content in a day, but best of luck to you!

upgraded to EVGA Precision X16 and it didnt keep any of my OC / Fan profiles

great

I upgraded too when I got my 970 and had to set fan curve and what not. although whenever I restart/ turn on pc it always asks if I want to download lastest version 5.x something. cant figure out why

Finished Witcher 2 this week, in preparation for Witcher 3. Liked it, although the rebalance mod made the game easier. Hoping the choices make some differences on W3.

I'm having my 30th birthday party tomorrow and the plan has basically evolved into a local multiplayer STEAM game night.

Before the actual party start time, two or three friends will come over for a few hours of co-op. I'm thinking I will use the opportunity to finally play Monaco at least.

Once the party and drinking starts, i am going to basically host a few competitive STEAM tournaments in games none of us have ever played,to keep it fair and fresh.

Definitely going to throw down on Nidhogg.
Maybe Blazerush, maybe Screencheat.

Will lay out a small bracket or something and my girlfriend even bought some prizes.

What do you guys think, decent game selection?

I wonder if i should print my best humble extras as party favors, lol. I feel like it's a neat idea but i also feel like i should modbot them here.

Anyone who enjoyed Wolf: TNO will also dig The Old Blood. Yeah, it's quite a bit shorter, but it's sub-$20.

Someday we'll have to compare block lists.

The Old Blood is really good, took me 9 hours to beat (playing on Uber)
Story bits are less prominent than they were in TNO, but it's really good nonetheless. It's amazing how Machine games turned Blazko into a believable human being (well, the stuff about killing tonnes of nazis and surviving almost anything doesn't count)

i am also yet to play Monaco

have youconsidered Trine?

also SpeedRunners

I played through the first two Trines in single player. Good idea though.

Speedrunners is great, but it's actually one of the only couple of mp games that i have already played with my friends. It's also one where i was better than them at it due to playing against you and dunder previously, lol. One of the main reasons i decided to keep at least competitive games restricted to those i haven't played. That and how badly i destroy them at Mount Your Friends :p

dex3108

I just went with Trevor to Los Santos for the first time and man i can't believe how much this game is better than GTA IV in almost every aspect.

I wasn't really into Star Wars either. I only saw Revenge of the Sith and half of Return of the Jedi and also some weirdass Ewok Spin-Off. And of course I know the general story, it's impossible to escape Star Wars in the Internet afterall. I thought it was a bit lame for having absolutely evil and good in the form of Jedis and Sith.

hmmm maybe I'll give the show a chance. its on netflix, right?

Dsyndrome

I must love my brother for coming to Oklahoma City this week for his graduation, playing the Mike Morgan drinking game where we drink every time they say tornado or a team we played against in high school football. I will be blackout drunk soon...

Played some Wolfenstein today, can't let my little brother get ahead of me.

Salsa

I just went with Trevor to Los Santos for the first time and man i can't believe how much this game is better than GTA IV in almost every aspect.

I kinda regret playing through the entire campaign in just like 2-3 days. took me 40 hours

game is amazing

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Journey Down, Chapter 1 -- MB-C0456D7488FA0D6D - Taken by Se7enSword. 1 entrants total.
Robotex -- MB-0C706A3991B8E483 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Grave Prosperity: Redux part 1 -- MB-8CAD3E8CE2771976 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 1 entrants total.
Not Without my Donuts -- MB-C4A9E44AFBEC25C9 - Taken by lindarasta. 3 entrants total.
18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker -- MB-168C1005CC354CCB - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.

t1431124647z1.png

Arthea

World of Goo first? seriously? Tetris 18?! Hexcells Infinite above Puzzle Quest? Sokobond above the Room? What are they smoking? *removes RPS from bookmarks forever*

I mostly kid, but it's a damn weird list, couple of games aren't even puzzle games strictly speaking, there is no Sudoku, no Zuma, no Letter Quest even! not to mention blatant lack of Picross and Puzzle Bobble is unforgivable. Well, at least they included Peggle, so I'll let them live... for now.

derExperte

World of Goo first? seriously? Tetris 18?! Hexcells Infinite above Puzzle Quest? Sokobond above the Room? What are they smoking? *removes RPS from bookmarks forever*

I mostly kid, but it's a damn weird list, couple of games aren't even puzzle games strictly speaking, there is no Sudoku, no Zuma, no Letter Quest even! not to mention blatant lack of Picross and Puzzle Bobble is unforgivable. Well, at least they included Peggle, so I'll let them live... for now.

Lemmings 2 is what confuses me. Afair it was considered a step back due to being more complex and already starting to lose the charm of 1. Or I'm thinking of the next one. Or the one after that. There were so many. And Peggle.... I wouldn't consider it a real puzzle game.

Arthea

Lemmings 2 is what confuses me. Afair it was considered a step back due to being more complex and already starting to lose the charm of 1. Or I'm thinking of the next one. Or the one after that. There were so many. And Peggle.... I wouldn't consider it a real puzzle game.

Lemmings is one of games I have problem being on the puzzle games list, I like lemmings as any sensible gamer, but it's not exactly a puzzle game. There were so many versions of lemmings games back then, I also never remember which did what until I actually start to play it. There were actual clones of lemmings called lemmings too. But you probably wrong, if second was "cause of losing sanity" game, I really can't remember.

As for Peggle, challenge mode which traditionally is huge in Peggle games makes it a puzzle game, although I agree that is kinda debatable, my mom calls it a shooter for example, how cute is that?

BTW talking about lemmings, which of lemmings alike on steam you think is most fun to play? I asked earlier today, but no harm in trying again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom