• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

I'm having my 30th birthday party tomorrow and the plan has basically evolved into a local multiplayer STEAM game night.

Before the actual party start time, two or three friends will come over for a few hours of co-op. I'm thinking I will use the opportunity to finally play Monaco at least.

Once the party and drinking starts, i am going to basically host a few competitive STEAM tournaments in games none of us have ever played,to keep it fair and fresh.

Definitely going to throw down on Nidhogg.
Maybe Blazerush, maybe Screencheat.

Will lay out a small bracket or something and my girlfriend even bought some prizes.

What do you guys think, decent game selection?

I wonder if i should print my best humble extras as party favors, lol. I feel like it's a neat idea but i also feel like i should modbot them here.

G A N G B E A S T S

Nabs

I'm having my 30th birthday party tomorrow and the plan has basically evolved into a local multiplayer STEAM game night.

Before the actual party start time, two or three friends will come over for a few hours of co-op. I'm thinking I will use the opportunity to finally play Monaco at least.

Once the party and drinking starts, i am going to basically host a few competitive STEAM tournaments in games none of us have ever played,to keep it fair and fresh.

Will lay out a small bracket or something and my girlfriend even bought some prizes.

I wonder if i should print my best humble extras as party favors, lol. I feel like it's a neat idea but i also feel like i should modbot them here.

Lethal League. Don't forget Lethal League.

Salsa

recently out of early access too

Eternia

Lethal League if you have that! I found Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe, Hoard and Megabyte Punch fun but the last one requires playing some single player to unlock parts (there are quite a few things). Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed supports local multiplayer I believe?

Arthea

Terraform is an interesting game, tutorial is a bit longish and it isn't exactly graphical powerhouse, but concept is great and I see it getting more and more complex by every step. Also it has leaderboards and planet editor which I haven't seen yet. For that price it's selling, it's worth, only they robbed themselves of some sales by not including cards, they really did, because that price and cards would tempt more people.

Sölf;163239142 said:
Is there a way to "donate" games to ModBot? :0

I've contended that Stump should do a mass giveaway of every game that's left unredeemed in the system, as a garbage dump and at some odd time in the morning (like, 3 a.m.) to clear the queue out and give people the chance to see what was left behind.

It would be hilarious.

Sölf

Thanks for the replies, bookmarking that thread immediatly... xD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeon Defenders Eternity -- MB-058006EC9B9538EA - Taken by Arthea. 8 entrants total.

Dungeon Defenders Eternity #2 -- MB-796BF64891021A65 - Taken by r3n4ud. 8 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dungeon Defenders Collection -- MB-2D626A5AFBE70606 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 10 entrants total.

t1431137907z1.png

chixdiggit

Happy Birthday! You should totally add KnightSquad

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I decided recently to upgrade my computer instead of getting a PS4, influenced in no small part by the fact that my motherboard was dying piece by piece. For the first time since before the Dreamcast launched I have a computer with a modern (if mid-end) processor and video card.

Games can look pretty good, you guys.

Arthea

I just checked, there was 41 version of Lemmings, I suppose that doesn't include PC clones also called lemmings, amazing.

edited:
Also Experte, you were right, the second game is the Tribes and it started downfall of lemmings.

x-posting from the TTS thread:

Alright, I'm home from work and have a now free night, anyone up for a game of anything in TTS, either post here, send me a PM, or find me in the steam group and send me a steam chat message.

Turfster

Apparently The Witcher 3 leaked and people are already spoiling it on the internet?
This is why we can't have nice things.

I mean, I'll be playing it next year when I can finally buy it, so it doesn't really matter for me, but... yeah.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Apparently The Witcher 3 leaked and people are already spoiling it on the internet?

I mean, I'll be playing it next year when I can finally buy it, so it doesn't really matter for me, but... yeah.

All the more reasons they should just let the digital versions go up now~

Dsyndrome

So much unicorn sex out in the wild now...

This is why we can't have nice things

Haven't heard anything about this online - did the full game leak online or is it just someone who got an early build and wants to stir the pot?

Just pick a MOBA/ARTS/Lords Management Game™ and everything else gaming related just becomes white noise.

Ask Rhaknar about HotS.

Mr. Doop

I've contended that Stump should do a mass giveaway of every game that's left unredeemed in the system, as a garbage dump and at some odd time in the morning (like, 3 a.m.) to clear the queue out and give people the chance to see what was left behind.

It would be hilarious.

Wouldn't that just end up being hundreds of copies of Gun Monkeys anyways?

rtcn63

Doesn't stump already do something like that with his "take whatever you want I ain't give a shit" spring cleaning threads? Although this was before Garbage Dump was implemented, IIRC.

Turfster

It would be hilarious.

This happened a few times already?

Wouldn't that just end up being hundreds of copies of Gun Monkeys anyways?

Everyone loves Gun Monkeys!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Henry Swanson, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-D906507962FB2F2D
Gun Monkeys #2 -- MB-F964C5702BAE4DBD
Gun Monkeys #3 -- MB-4ACA8989D000CE2C

Maniac

Banned
Just pick a MOBA/ARTS/Lords Management Game™ and everything else gaming related just becomes white noise.

Ask Rhaknar about HotS.

HotS was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

(Seriously it is to LoL what LoL is to Dota, only HotS isn't all that original and has mechanics in there just so they can be monetised. lel)

Edit: FUCK FINNISH. I HATE IT.

Except for 'perkele', I find that most can't sound angry whilst saying it. And it sounds so cute :3

Perkele.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Edit: FUCK FINNISH. I HATE IT.

Except for 'perkele', I find that most can't sound angry whilst saying it. And it sounds so cute :3

Perkele.

no one asked you, go away ... you silly Danish person, you!! ;)

Sajjaja

HotS was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

(Seriously it is to LoL what LoL is to Dota, only HotS isn't all that original and has mechanics in there just so they can be monetised. lel)
K. It's nice to have opinions.

HOTS is great fun. It's not complex, it's more dynamic, polished, short games. It's fun.

That's why I play video games. Fun.

Haunted

So what's the better weekend purchase; This War of Mine or Wolfenstein: The Old Blood?
They're in entirely different genres, it entirely depends on your tastes and the mood you're in.

I will say they're both fine, though I think New Blood isn't even close to TNO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom