• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

HotS was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

(Seriously it is to LoL what LoL is to Dota, only HotS isn't all that original and has mechanics in there just so they can be monetised. lel)

Edit: FUCK FINNISH. I HATE IT.

Except for 'perkele', I find that most can't sound angry whilst saying it. And it sounds so cute :3

Perkele.

You love it.

It's funny (to me at least) that some of the most popular youtube videos about Finnish swearing are not by finns, and they mispronounce everything.

Maniac

Banned
You love it.

It's funny (to me at least) that some of the most popular youtube videos about Finnish swearing are not by finns, and they mispronounce everything.

Pff.

Okay, I do kind of love it. And I've noticed that, it seems to be a bit of a trend with "swearing in X nordic language" videos. Saw one in danish and I couldn't even recognise the language. :p
K. It's nice to have opinions.

HOTS is great fun. It's not complex, it's more dynamic, polished, short games. It's fun.

That's why I play video games. Fun.

It... It was a reference to the meme mon. HotS is fine. It's LoL further dumbed down and simplified. That's not necessarily a bad thing.
no one asked you, go away ... you silly Danish person, you!! ;)

Hush before I start spouting the polish kind o' swear words that the internet has taught me!

The Old Blood is a great experience (especially if you loved TNO) but a bit short (4~ hours).

They're in entirely different genres, it entirely depends on your tastes and the mood you're in.

I will say they're both fine, though I think New Blood isn't even close to TNO.

The old blood would be short mindless fun! War of Mine will last you longer than a week and its a strategy game so theres gonna be a lot of thinking... I'd go with the old blood personally.

Thanks! Went with The Old Blood.

Wow at the 36GB download... thanks, mega textures.

Anyone think This War of Mine will get back to $9.99 or lower during the summer sale?

67d31880dfa0ad7a81fe1b212a605773.jpg
Kickpuncher! I mean David!
Apparently The Witcher 3 leaked and people are already spoiling it on the internet?
This is why we can't have nice things.

I mean, I'll be playing it next year when I can finally buy it, so it doesn't really matter for me, but... yeah.
Don't leave steam community, ever.

G A N G B E A S T S

Lethal League. Don't forget Lethal League.

[Rockets Rockets Rockets]

recently out of early access too

Lethal League if you have that! I found Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe, Hoard and Megabyte Punch fun but the last one requires playing some single player to unlock parts (there are quite a few things). Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed supports local multiplayer I believe?

Happy Birthday! You should totally add KnightSquad

Happy birthday.

Thank you! I knew I should have bought Lethal League when it was cheaper. Adding those other ones to my wishlist for a sale. Hoping the summer sale has a better price on Starwhals, too. I've got enough local games for this time though...unless anyone thinks any of the games I listed is horrible :p

freebie

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Cosmos is Mine -- MB-B655E7A9A4428379 - Taken by bobnowhere. 17 entrants total.

t1431147928z1.png

Ended up getting Rogue Legacy from Humble. Took them a long time to process the order though. 10+ minutes. Which is unusual since I've had other things from them process nearly instantly.

Jawmuncher

That statement is a lie. Bloodborne is fucking amazing so far.

It's my favorite one so far so I'd say this is wrong.

Just beat it, by far the weakest souls game. A lot of dumb decisions such as the blood vials. Most of the bosses weren't as fun as previous ones, and the bell system is still bad for MP.
Still an overall good game but out of all of them, it's the one I had the least fun with. All I know is i'm all souls out. Having played DKS2 earlier this year and now this.

GTA V heats up the room too much to play anymore right now :(

o_O as in your computer gets so hot that its heating up the room or am i missing something? because if thats the case, my lord I'd completely avoid that game if i was you, must be making your machine put in that extra work that it can barely do!

That's what I thought until I got to
The Unseen Village

Beat Bloodborne last night after starting a day or two after release. I thought it was pretty great. A few annoying parts, like
frenzy

Just beat it, by far the weakest souls game. A lot of dumb decisions such as the blood vials. Most of the bosses weren't as fun as previous ones, and the bell system is still bad for MP.
Still an overall good game but out of all of them, it's the one I had the least fun with. All I know is i'm all souls out. Having played DKS2 earlier this year and now this.

I've only played DS1 before this and liked them about the same, probably. The bell system was pretty bad, though. I may play DS2 after a while, but I do want to keep these games a couple years apart probably to not get soulsed out like that :p

o_O as in your computer gets so hot that its heating up the room or am i missing something? because if thats the case, my lord I'd completely avoid that game if i was you, must be making your machine put in that extra work that it can barely do!

Yeah my computer just runs hot. My GPU alone gets up to around 130 F. CPU up around 120.

What the hell were you running it on?

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/lastbaron/saved/3PbXsY

4th core unlocked so it's really a Phenom II X4

Mine01

Sooo hi guys, i used to be a pc gamer but when i got a my first job i saved to buy my first console, a xone, then bought a ps4... but games there are pretty expensive so I guess im coming back to pc gaming for non exclusive games, mostly online multiplayer games, so yea, anyone can recommend some cheap multiplayer games on steam?.

I got hooked on rocket leage on ps4 but i think ill buy it on steam cause ps+ is expensive, any indie game or smth like that?

Sooo hi guys, i used to be a pc gamer but when i got a my first job i saved to buy my first console, a xone, then bought a ps4... but games there are pretty expensive so I guess im coming back to pc gaming for non exclusive games, mostly online multiplayer games, so yea, anyone can recommend some cheap multiplayer games on steam?.

I got hooked on rocket leage on ps4 but i think ill buy it on steam cause ps+ is expensive, any indie game or smth like that?
You can't go wrong with Team Fortress 2. Learn the fine arts of w+m1 and embrace the secrets of hat-based economies.

Sally forth, Mine01, and make SteamGAF proud.

Mine01

Already had played team fortress 2, pretty good game, im looking something i can play with a pad tough, thats the only thing console games are superior to pc games, except rts and shooter games tou :p

x-post for my steam bros:

Learned/played/galumphed through a rousing game of King of Tokyo with our group of 6PSYCHICPROBE group of ♥ (PISS). A splendid time was had by all.

Gonna try to make an effort to get a regular game night(s) going (again XD), but for impromptu sessions I'll be posting events in the TTGAF Steam group as well announcements for planned nights in the future. I'll try to remember to post them here as well but as always Steam is generally a bit more convenient as you'll get automated reminders and announcements. As for specific games to play on given nights, I'm open for suggestions as long as it's something fairly easy to learn and something that can accommodate a group of 4-8.

I would get TTS but I have limited money for the year =(.

It's only $11.24 on Humble Store atm if that helps. But if you're really strapped for cash I could send you a copy, just PM me your steam profile.

Learned/played/galumphed through a rousing game of King of Tokyo with our group of 6PSYCHICPROBE group of ♥ (PISS). A splendid time was had by all.

Gonna try to make an effort to get a regular game night(s) going (again XD), but for impromptu sessions I'll be posting events in the TTGAF Steam group as well announcements for planned nights in the future. I'll try to remember to post them here as well but as always Steam is generally a bit more convenient as you'll get automated reminders and announcements. As for specific games to play on given nights, I'm open for suggestions as long as it's something fairly easy to learn and something that can accommodate a group of 4-8.

It's only $11.24 on Humble Store atm if that helps. But if you're really strapped for cash I could send you a copy, just PM me your steam profile.

King of Tokyo is awesome. I love playing that game. I really need to get a copy of TTS sometime. I'm going to add it to my wishlist.

Sarcasm

It got gifted..I am MonthOLDpickle. Nice to see the Chinese was still up there lol.

baterism

I saw FF11 thread.... ten bucks for complete edition.
I don't dig MMO, and too cheap for subs, but I might be tempted just for novelty sake. The question is do we get Steam-key?

Well thanks! Got it :p, gonna search for more controller games tou im open for mouse and keyboard mp games.

Good choice. Just make sure you use Durante's DSFix when you play it. And it'll be tough, but fair. You'll see.

i tried to get into team fortress 2 but simply couldn't, it just wasn't fun, at all. played like 4+ hours i believe.

What classes did you try? Burning someone to death with a pyro is one of the best feelings in video games.

xBladeM6x

You know you have a problem when it's 85 degrees in your room, and you decide it's a good idea to play GTA V PC for hours on end. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom