• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, wait... let me get this straight: The only way to get Mass Effect's PC DLC is through the Bioware Social Network and NOT Origin proper?

WTF, Electronic Arts? I can't put the funds in my Origin account wallet into buying through the Social Network? :|

i tried to get into team fortress 2 but simply couldn't, it just wasn't fun, at all. played like 4+ hours i believe.

I don't blame you with the numerous class update weapons in the game now. There's way too much shit to deal with that makes the game unfun now. The brilliance of each class having a role and weakness was there at launch. Shame they had to add too much stuff to dilute that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, wait... let me get this straight: The only way to get Mass Effect's PC DLC is through the Bioware Social Network and NOT Origin proper?

WTF, Electronic Arts? I can't put the funds in my Origin account wallet into buying through the Social Network? :|

Origin began life as nothing more than a rebrand of EA Download Manager, which is why EA has to manually add some if not most pre-Origin keys to your account and also why ridiculous systems like BioWare Points were not deprecated.

Origin began life as nothing more than a rebrand of EA Download Manager, which is why EA has to manually add some if not most pre-Origin keys to your account and also why ridiculous systems like BioWare Points were not deprecated.
They could, but they are a bunch of lazy fucks.

HotS was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

(Seriously it is to LoL what LoL is to Dota, only HotS isn't all that original and has mechanics in there just so they can be monetised. lel)

I'll just go ahead and disagree that it isn't original given some of its objective focus, lack of items, some of its ideas about hero designs and the overall short duration of matches. I mean by the time I've farmed Power Treads and some gold for a component of my next major item in a typical Dota match, half of Dead Mines is over in HotS.

Unicorn

Thank you! I knew I should have bought Lethal League when it was cheaper. Adding those other ones to my wishlist for a sale. Hoping the summer sale has a better price on Starwhals, too. I've got enough local games for this time though...unless anyone thinks any of the games I listed is horrible :p
Don't forget Crawl!

JaseC

Apparently owners of Dungeon Defenders Eternity received a gift copy of the original Dungeon Defenders + all DLC about six hours ago, so:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dungeon Defenders Collection -- MB-DE0E84873D078EE3 - Taken by The Dear Leader

Bleh, no one told me Rogue Legacy was designed for a controller/console :/

I don't have my controller with me at the moment, and the keyboard controls are weird and janky. Guess I shelve it for now, though it was only $3 so not terrible.

ModBot said:
Instructions for The Dear Leader:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Dear Leader, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dungeon Defenders Collection -- MB-CE97296309BF0ECA - Taken by WinterDemons

bop

JaseC

I've sent an e-mail to Little Orbit asking if the Young Justice DLC will ever go on sale. I know one piece is currently half off, but I assume it was flagged for a discount by mistake.

How are people getting the unlock all kyypt dlc for MKX? I don't own it.

Edit: Ah, you had to have launched the game during that period. Oh well.

JaseC

How are people getting the unlock all kyypt dlc for MKX? I don't own it.

Edit: Ah, you had to have launched the game during that period. Oh well.

What period is that? I loaded up the game on launch day but haven't received anything. Mind you, it was for all of about 30 seconds, so that may be why -- even the client isn't reporting one minute of play time.

What period is that? I loaded up the game on launch day but haven't received anything. Mind you, it was for all of about 30 seconds, so that may be why -- even the client isn't reporting one minute of play time.
It seems like saves were only deleted if you played during the time that bugged patch was launched so they could tell if you played before it was reverted.

Wooooo~
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Square Heroes -- MB-36D55AE1AF1499B1 - Taken by NingenJanai. 3 entrants total.
Slinki -- MB-723C4AA8998AE53A - Taken by derExperte. 5 entrants total.

t1431168028z1.png

EDIT: I derped out a bit when I registered the games for the giveaway so when the autorepost happens, the rule should be pay it forward rather than just givers only.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

King Arthur's Gold -- MB-4CA6BE638F889E97 - Taken by baterism. 1 entrants total.

t1431158548z1.png

Nice giveaway !

PS4 version broke street date somewhere I think, with people streaming it on twitch.

Hmmm... I'll have to check it out when I have a chance.

I don't remember any massive Modbot giveaways with unclaimed crap in the last little while, but maybe it happened when I wasn't on or something.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I realized I need to celebrate my accomplishments or they will feel kinda meaningless.

SO HAHAHAHA, SIXTY PAGES, WOOOOO

phd012903s.gif

And I was an English major.

Doing premed now. So much easier.

Longest paper I did was 15 pages of double spaced 12 font on Finnegan's Wake.

titch

I'm having my 30th birthday party tomorrow and the plan has basically evolved into a local multiplayer STEAM game night.

HBDY!!!

And why not!!!

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hexcells Infinite -- MB-9D3DF61A242A01D2 - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.

t1431161730z1.png

Deques

I beat the first level of Volgarr without being hit, at least I didn't lose any equipment :)

The game is difficult >.<

Knurek

Wrapped up last week:

Decent VN, nothing groundbreaking, but well worth the read. Lots of ways to shape the endings, four main routes with loads of variations depending on your actions. One sticking point is the English used - at times it's clear the game was not written by a native speaker (Polish devs IIRC). Here's to actually playing bundle games. :)

+
header.jpg
)

I wish Id would stick with tech and shooting. They can do that like almost no other company in the world. But the story, driving and all those blasted minigames were all 50 shades of meh. :( The texture pop-in while turning around was also distracting, despite playing from an SSD.

Augh, only two games? I blame Arthea, LYNE just has a shitload of content - I'm not even halfway through the game. Oh well, till next week...

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Deques

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deques, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Forest of Doom -- MB-E9F593213BC26874 - Taken by Jiggaloboy. 2 entrants total.

t1431163229z1.png

abracadaver

Wrapped up last week:

+
header.jpg
)

I wish Id would stick with tech and shooting. They can do that like almost no other company in the world. But the story, driving and all those blasted minigames were all 50 shades of meh. :( The texture pop-in while turning around was also distracting, despite playing from an SSD.

I started playing RAGE last week as well. How do you start the scorchers DLC? Is it the mission that you get in the first area in the game that leads into a cave where you have to collect mushrooms? I had to abort it because there were too many enemies and I only had a pistol. Is that the scorchers DLC or a regular mission? Also should scorchers only be played after finishing the game or does it not matter when you play it?

Knurek

I started playing RAGE last week as well. How do you start the scorchers DLC? Is it the mission that you get in the first area in the game that leads into a cave where you have to collect mushrooms?

Yes, although it's best to wrap up a few standard story missions first for upgraded firepower (shotgun and rifle help a lot).
There are a few missions, each unlocking after a select story mission. You can (and should) finish the DLC before leaving Wellspring.

fantomena

Just beat it, by far the weakest souls game. A lot of dumb decisions such as the blood vials. Most of the bosses weren't as fun as previous ones, and the bell system is still bad for MP.
Still an overall good game but out of all of them, it's the one I had the least fun with. All I know is i'm all souls out. Having played DKS2 earlier this year and now this.

Why do you thing blood vials is a dumb decision?

I finished it for the 3rd time last week (only games Ive finished 3 or more times in my life is Crysis and Alan Wake) and the bosses were definetly better and better designed tham previous ones.

MP I agreed with and i think most agreed with, FromSoft did a bad job with it.

abracadaver

Yes, although it's best to wrap up a few standard story missions first for upgraded firepower (shotgun and rifle help a lot).
There are a few missions, each unlocking after a select story mission. You can (and should) finish the DLC before leaving Wellspring.

Good to know. Thanks

Do you have to buy the machinegun or do you get it automatically later in the game?
I saw it a few times in the shop but I was too stingy to buy it.

JaseC

Good to know. Thanks

Do you have to buy the machinegun or do you get it automatically later in the game?
I saw it a few times in the shop but I was too stingy to buy it.

Assuming we're talking about the same weapon, you stumble upon it as part of the main campaign.

Edit: D'oh, misread "machinegun" as "minigun".

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Square Heroes -- MB-36D55AE1AF1499B1 - Taken by NingenJanai. 3 entrants total.
Slinki -- MB-723C4AA8998AE53A - Taken by derExperte. 5 entrants total.

t1431168028z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom