• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sales for Stealth Inc 2 gotta be bad if it's already 50% off

That's what they get for not being Tactical Espionage Arseholes.

Leave the whitewashed eShop/PSN branding on those platforms. The series started off as Stealth Bastard: Tactical Espionage Arsehole and became the entirely generic sounding Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones. They muddied up their branding. Also I don't care for the 3D used in the sequel.

In the interest of fairness, I can't exactly blame CDP for shepherding digital and retail sales toward GOG considering history:

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if CDP exhausted most of its coffers in its desire to internally fund development, which would actually explain why it shifted the burden of marketing costs to its distribution partners. Even Valve, with all of its "Hey, this game is cheap! Let's buy it!" money, can't justify self-distribution.
Yep. No matter how nice they are, no matter how they cater to the core, they are a business after all. And I am totally fine with that. Neither the world, nor a dev studio turns around with niceties. It's cold, hard, ugly, cocaine-stained money.
If they make good games, then I am fine with them trying to make buying through GOG more enticing. I do like my games in one place but I also am not oblivious to realities of business.
hmmm ... someone was asking about TW3 comparison screenshots yesterday ... well - I found this
While the game still looks plenty good, I don't think anyone can say there hasn't been a bit of trickery happenig.

While former (making the GOG version the better choice) is fine by me, this is not cool no matter which dev/pub. No one should be held on an untouchable pedestal.

Arthea

Some badge crafters don't give a single fuck. One card had only two on sale for ~20 cents so I go 'hmmmm' and put mine up for 2€. One hour later it's gone. And now I'm sad I didn't ask for more. Thanks you crazy bastard!
Why it never happens to me... even when my card is only one, nobody buys it for any price until there are already hundreds of them bellow 10 cents. Teach me your ways!

derExperte

Why it never happens to me... even when my card is only one, nobody buys it for any price until there are already hundreds of them bellow 10 cents. Teach me your ways!

Wait, you sell them? I thought you are one of those crazies buying everything. The ishaman of cards. And of course that doesn't work with popular games where everyone knows fresh, cheap cards will flood the market soon. Gotta find those hidden ones that no one bought, have been long enough on the market so that few cards are left. But don't wait too long or a bundle happens. It's an art.

I know your pain. Tried selling a wallpaper for $25, no one bought it despite being the only one up for sale for 2 weeks, then someone comes in and prices at $18, SOLD!

Mine01

Guuuys I just learned about steam streaming D:, tried it and worked pretty well from my laptop connected via wifi and my ehternet beefy pc, tough the audio and stream have a few spike lag, does it work better if i get everything trough ethernet guys?

L.O.R.D

so , i decide to see how the main menu of the physical version of RE Revelation would look like

ZaLmTJE.jpg

the technical support button will open this page
https://support.steampowered.com/
not the Resident Evil Revelations 2 page..but this

couldn't they make someone with low experience with Photoshop do this work ?

AHA-Lambda

Was having a look at the game Dead State, anyone know what the overall reaction or impressions to the game were like?

Steam page has it sitting at mostly positive reviews but most of the written reviews are quite negative =/

Has anyone been having issues with Nuuvem today? Trying to buy FM 2015 on there but I get a 404 when trying to checkout. Tried with Hola and FlyVPN and no luck.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
#screenshotsaturday

Whoops, forgot to update with last week's teaser. You can check that one out here if you like~

Now for this week:

Most of the progress made this week is considered a little too spoiler-y to want to share, as well as some behind the scenes work that just wouldn't be too exciting to show off on its own. Good progress has been made though, and I'm pretty happy with all that I've got sitting here that I can't show you!

...I'm actually a little frustrated that I can't show you, because I love sharing how things are going so holding back feels wrong! So, for this week, rather than a screenshot, we have a little teaser for an extra being worked on in addition to the main project. What is it? Well, they don't call it a teaser for nothing!

Was having a look at the game Dead State, anyone know what the overall reaction or impressions to the game were like?

Steam page has it sitting at mostly positive reviews but most of the written reviews are quite negative =/
I played the demo and found it too clunky to enjoy.

Also, I recall zkylon liking it a lot... but apparently not enough to add it to his Steam curator recommendation list.

Corpekata

Banned
Has anyone been having issues with Nuuvem today? Trying to buy FM 2015 on there but I get a 404 when trying to checkout. Tried with Hola and FlyVPN and no luck.

It's a fake 404. They've likely got your account flagged like they do mine. Last time VPNing to Argentina instead of Brazil worked fine. Seems like it just put blocks in place for home country and Brazil but not everywhere.

Arthea

Wait, you sell them? I thought you are one of those crazies buying everything. The ishaman of cards. And of course that doesn't work with popular games where everyone knows fresh, cheap cards will flood the market soon. Gotta find those hidden ones that no one bought, have been long enough on the market so that few cards are left. But don't wait too long or a bundle happens. It's an art.

hey! what's up with insults? I'm no iashman!
I rarely sell them, usually when there are very little or none or expensive in hopes to score big, it never works...

I know your pain. Tried selling a wallpaper for $25, no one bought it despite being the only one up for sale for 2 weeks, then someone comes in and prices at $18, SOLD!

$18! for background? Which background is that? *shocked*

Kiru

Can anyone recommend some good Witcher 1 mods?

Hmm I would recommend using some of texture replacements from "Rise of the White Wolf", because I didn't want to destory the whole original look of the game. For Example I picked the map POI textures because the original game only had green and black ones, gets confusing without hovering over them. I could upload these separately if you want. Also the Geralt replacement textures are pretty good. Then I also use Perfect Blood + Perfect Rain, Stackable Items and smaller texture replacements like better Res Moon & Skyboxes. There are Packs with 2GB of textures somewhere around the internet, wouldn't recommend them, they are just the original textures with sharpening filter applied, not good in my opinion.

Arthea

The wonderful end of the world really ticks me off, what's up with that horrid unresponsiveness, I mean sometimes I move four times over the object and it's still not picked. How people even play that? Infuriating

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The wonderful end of the world really ticks me off, what's up with that horrid unresponsiveness, I mean sometimes I move four times over the object and it's still not picked. How people even play that? Infuriating

Yo, but aren't you excited to play Portal 2 sooner?

Wait, you're not posting from April 16th, 2011? Who is making you play this game?!

Jawmuncher

#screenshotsaturday

Whoops, forgot to update with last week's teaser. You can check that one out here if you like~

Now for this week:

Most of the progress made this week is considered a little too spoiler-y to want to share, as well as some behind the scenes work that just wouldn't be too exciting to show off on its own. Good progress has been made though, and I'm pretty happy with all that I've got sitting here that I can't show you!

...I'm actually a little frustrated that I can't show you, because I love sharing how things are going so holding back feels wrong! So, for this week, rather than a screenshot, we have a little teaser for an extra being worked on in addition to the main project. What is it? Well, they don't call it a teaser for nothing!

First I had to look at a picture or music and now I have a unknown teaser.
This is too much for me to bear. I need more.

Yep. I tried, but the RNG was not in my favour.

Q5tujbP.png

I haven't tried with Ys I and II yet, don't own them on Steam. Didn't get the expensive one with Origins.

Ys VI has that one crazy expensive wallpaper too. Can't wait to collect the cards at reasonable offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom