• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

jasec sucks

reggiewut.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned
Picked up Stealth 2, Apotheon, Deadcore, and Guac Super edition today. Along with some good old Black Mirror games on GOG teehee

Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition is staring me in the face as well. Whats the cheapest the beamdog games go to?

Chariot

Urgh, I am so hot for Star Wars right now. Has anyone a key for Kotor or Kotor II? I have certain Trading Cards for trade.

edit: Thanks, kiru <3

dex3108

Same moderator as before. Super defense mode: On.

Moderator: This time I am stating this as a moderator, and it is an order. Do not badger the developers. They are under no obligation to respond, and given the venom disingenuously posted in the name of "concerns" that has been thrown at them in this thread, the idea that they would respond is a nonstarter.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34169-The-Witcher-3-Visuals/page214

This is entertaining :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow. Despotic.

To be fair, what he says makes sense. Unlike the whole "Remember those two or three times GMG was caught selling unauthorised keys? No? Wait, G2A and GMG aren't the same thing? Well, I'm right and you're wrong!" thing. I don't see CDP bringing him into line, either, due to it giving GMG the cold shoulder -- facts matter little in the face of business politics.

MUnited83

For you.
All the complaining here in the last days about Bloodborne co-op being broken and it has been working perfectly for me so far ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Chariot

P8uJ1QT.jpg

Curses! I just finished getting over the fact that the maximum resolution of Kotor is 1280x and made my character and then the game crashed when I tried the actual game started >_<

To be fair, what he says makes sense. Unlike the whole "Remember those two or three times GMG was caught selling unauthorised keys? No? Wait, G2A and GMG aren't the same thing? Well, I'm right and you're wrong!" thing. I don't see CDP bringing him into line, either, due to it giving GMG the cold shoulder -- facts matter little in the face of business politics.
I mean, he could've sound less arrogant and dickish if he wants.

iosefe

P8uJ1QT.jpg

Curses! I just finished getting over the fact that the maximum resolution of Kotor is 1280x and made my character and then the game crashed when I tried the actual game started >_<

I mean, he could've sound less arrogant and dickish if he wants.
Run windowed, disable frame buffering in settings

i think that was a solution. it's been a while

*edit* thats the KotOR 2 solution. ignore me

JaseC

In the interest of fairness, I can't exactly blame CDP for shepherding digital and retail sales toward GOG considering history:

Fantastic PC (and soon Xbox 360) RPG, The Witcher 2, sold 1,110,055 copies last year, developer CD Projekt Red has revealed.

Of those copies, 270,000 were sold via digital distribution platforms: 40,000 on GOG.com, which leaves the lion's share of the remainder presumably to Steam (numbers not disclosed).

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if CDP exhausted most of its coffers in its desire to internally fund development, which would actually explain why it shifted the burden of marketing costs to its distribution partners. Even Valve, with all of its "Hey, this game is cheap! Let's buy it!" money, can't justify self-distribution.

Speaking of EA and Valve, though, I still think the jury is out on the two reconciling following the Portal 2 early release ARG faux pas. L4D3 is behind only Half-Life 3 as the gaming industry's worst-kept secret, though, so time will tell.

Tizoc

I am 3 games away from reaching 800 games.
No I don't need suggestions, the games will come to me in due time.

Arthea

maybe iashaman gets paid for posting mhmmmm certain tweets in here and suddenly is rich, just a random thought

They have that one guy who cares about Suikoden and puts those games on PSN though

good enough
nobody cares about Suikoden, at least nobody inside Konami

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Love -- MB-C7ACB101A8E9B427 - Taken by kulapik
Procyon -- MB-8948E920A6590133 - Taken by GaussTek

JaseC

I am 3 games away from reaching 800 games.
No I don't need suggestions, the games will come to me in due time.

Keep it in the family: Football Manager 2013, Football Manager 2013 Asian, Football Manager 2013 Korean.

Arthea

I don't get it... why can't we redeem keys in browser in 21st century. We can on desura, and on gog, but not on steam, origin, uplay. Do they have alliance named an inconvenient online life or something? I can even redeem PSN codes without switching console on.

JaseC

I don't get it... why can't we redeem keys in browser in 21st century. We can on desura, and on gog, but not on steam, origin, uplay. Do they have alliance named an inconvenient online life or something?

I'd say there's a fear that a web-based system would be more prone to attacks than the likes of Desura, but such concerns could be assuaged by implementing some sort of two-factor authentication. Granted, needing to confirm the redemption of a key would be a bit of pain, but at the end of the day it would be better than, say, having to wait until you returned home from work.

Arthea

If the summer sale starts on the same day as last year we're only six weeks away. Just saying.

I'm almost ready, or will be soonish, bring it on!

I'd say there's a fear that a web-based system would be more prone to attacks than the likes of Desura, but such concerns could be assuaged by implementing some sort of two-factor authentication. Granted, needing to confirm the redemption of a key would be a bit of pain, but at the end of the day it would be better than, say, having to wait until you returned home from work.

that was rhetorical question but ya, it sucks we need to run client every to time just to redeem a damn key of a game we have no intentions playing, so there is no need for client!

on point of have no intentions playing, just other day I tried to imagine how we lived without idle master, my head almost exploded, that was nightmare not a life, and jshackles is a saint, we should make it official and sanctify him as Saint Shack.

Chariot

Run windowed, disable frame buffering in settings

i think that was a solution. it's been a while

*edit* thats the KotOR 2 solution. ignore me
I deactivated frame buffering after trying most option. I wish I could run that game windowed though.

Can't believe how harsh thst game aged since I last played it.

Speaking of EA and Valve, though, I still think the jury is out on the two reconciling following the Portal 2 early release ARG faux pas. L4D3 is behind only Half-Life 3 as the gaming industry's worst-kept secret, though, so time will tell.

Maybe they'll partner with WB or Namco this time around :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom