• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still curious about all the hype surrounding W3. Did i miss something or does a lot of it seemed to be people thinking it will fill the skyrim void on current gen consoles?

I can't see it filling the Skyrim void. Instead it'll be a long and boring game filled with tedious tasks like collecting herbs in a huge but ultimately empty world....with boobs.

Man if I could go back in time to when GAF was all hype for the XBone and the PS4 just to tell them that the specs of these consoles are gonna be lower than a PC from before the specs were revealed....
Oh how smug I would be~

They would probably point out that all that extra power is only useful in the modern age for crap like Assassins Creed Unity...and wipe the smile right off your face.

Sarcasm

Specs aren't everything, man. Consoles have the unique feature of being playable from your couch, a feat completely impossible to achieve with a PC. Something about drivers and settings goes here too I think.

Sarcasm is very hard to detect online.

I can't see it filling the Skyrim void. Instead it'll be a long and boring game filled with tedious tasks like collecting herbs in a huge but ultimately empty world....with boobs.

So exactly like skyrim than. Minus boobs.

Jawmuncher

Sometimes this feels like Game of Thrones and SteamGaf is just pulling strings to release salt.
81v28fD84gL._SX355_.jpg

I'm expecting backlash after a week.

Kaleinc

Banned
Still curious about all the hype surrounding W3. Did i miss something or does a lot of it seemed to be people thinking it will fill the skyrim void on current gen consoles?
People who couldn't last 20 minutes in W1 & 2 somehow thought Witcher 3 will be the new game of all time and a tech milestone at that.

Tizoc

Specs aren't everything, man. Consoles have the unique feature of being playable from your couch, a feat completely impossible to achieve with a PC. Something about drivers and settings goes here too I think.

I really need to use wireless when playing PC games with my DS4 already @o@

Chariot

I don't know about downgrades, but the graphics in that video look very good to me, considering the scale of the game.
GAF is full of exlerts who can judge entire fames by pictures and gifs alone. It's really concerning how that thread is full of assumptions when we have plenty of live video material of the game.

We should make a thread for that as well. Sometimes this feels like Game of Thrones and SteamGaf is just pulling strings to release salt.
A chunk of people would get a heartattack, like anytime Joe gets a thread :p

GAF is full of exlerts who can judge entire fames by pictures and gifs alone. It's really concerning how that thread is full of assumptions when we have plenty of live video material of the game.

A chunk of people would get a heartattack, like anytime Joe gets a thread :p

Yeah, I was just watching an Xbone video from the release version, and even that looks really good. Dunno why are they crying havoc like that, but I guess that people need something to keep them busy.

rtcn63

ross-salt-shaker-o.gif
]

Reading that thread makes me want a Whopper. The local Burger King has been out of commission for a few years, but I drove by, and they appear to be rebuilding it. I need doublestackers in my life again.

wilflare

:O downsampling seems to make so many games (old ones) look so so soooo much better.

and I really need to go get a new HDD to replace my now dying Steam drive :/

Holy shit the Sir Hammerlock DLC for Borderlands 2 is fucking terrible. And I like Borderlands and I liked the two previous DLC campaigns just fine. This one just doesn't respect the player at all.

Holy shit the Sir Hammerlock DLC for Borderlands 2 is fucking terrible. And I like Borderlands and I liked the two previous DLC campaigns just fine. This one just doesn't respect the player at all.

I still haven't played that or the Tiny Tina DLC, I was re-installing to finish my Krieg/DLC playthrough. not good to hear.

Yeah, it's by far the worst story DLC. The area is bland and uninteresting, far too much back-and-forth and the quests are pretty cookie-cutter, even for Borderlands.

It's times like these that I'm glad that I'm not a graphics whore. It's never been a big thing for me, only time I personally care is changing settings just to get my game playing somewhat smooth on my relatively old PC.

That's what I'm thinking as well.
Bring on the downgrades!

The Witcher 3 is an open world rpg versus The Witcher 2 which is traditional rpg with much smaller environments, you're just not going to get the same level of visual fidelity in an open world game...but those builds they were showing off a year or two ago.

Whatever happened, CD Projekt RED deserves to be taken to task as much as Ubisoft was over the Watch_Dogs bait and switch. Or Gearbox over Aliens Colonial Marines.

Ozium

so it seems like groupees wont be getting any more boxes with guns keys, they gave some out to some people (allegedly) but many others didnt get a key... what's funny is that this was a free bundle (for people who have already bought from groupees) and those that paid for it don't have keys at all..

thanks turfster

Finally 'completed' GTA 5

And by 'completed' I mean there's a ton of stuff still left to do. It's a fake 100% as Jasec calls it.

I love this game so much though. Hard to see anything releasing on PC this year that will be better than it.

is there any way to activate a game that appears on nuuvem as region locked on steam?
Region-locked keys can be activated in the Steam client by using a VPN (FlyVPN). Close Client > Open VPN > Set a South American country > Open Steam and activate key > Close client > Close VPN > Done!

BUT you have to check (or ask here :p) specifically which game you are looking to buy. I think there are games which cannot be activated even with VPN. Not sure though.

Majukun

Region-locked keys can be activated in the Steam client by using a VPN (FlyVPN). Close Client > Open VPN > Set a South American country > Open Steam and activate key > Close client > Close VPN > Done!

BUT you have to check (or ask here :p) specifically which game you are looking to buy. I think there are games which cannot be activated even with VPN. Not sure though.

football manager 2015

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My steamdb-fu is very limited, so don't hold me on it but I think you should be fine.

Better wait till JaseC or someone else confirms though. I am guessing from looking at packages tbh.

The key is region-locked but the game itself isn't.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Santerestil, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Santerestil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Capsized -- MB-561DD8CAAD517BCE - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Scourge: Outbreak -- MB-C7F6D09E8AD24213 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-40E173DD43C7F52B - Taken by Eila. 5 entrants total.
The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-0A33CEDF5ECE6ACF - Taken by Majukun. 1 entrants total.
Muffin Knight -- MB-7A64B5C5F899237E
The Maker's Eden Soundtrack Edition -- MB-1FE4822E008C33FA - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Dustforce DX -- MB-FE46A96BC27724CA - Taken by freshVeggie. 8 entrants total.
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-158B7327CCA647C4 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Postal 2 -- MB-A8AAEC976F156568 - Taken by topyy. 4 entrants total.

t1431269849z1.png

shockdude

I am using SCP. I did normal install, forced install, deleted everything and reinstalled. No clue anymore.
Weird.
Is the controller properly paired with the bluetooth dongle?
Does the bluetooth dongle work with normal bluetooth devices when using normal drivers?
Have you tried the Zadig method of installing the SCP bluetooth driver?

Some spares:
(Strife is a Steam key, not an Origin one)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

vRvbDCu.png
The Original Strife: Veteran Edition -- MB-BF33117D0F0375A7 - Taken by rainking187
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat -- MB-7B929E3E8DA72A6D - Taken by xezuru
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-31654892A7A5FFA1 - Taken by iosefe
Survivalist -- MB-06637E76298AA073 - Taken by Kuroyume

dreamfall

All these Witcher 3 graphics complaints, I just want it in my veins.

I didn't have a PC at the time, and played it twice through on 360. Replayed it again this past month on PC after nearly a year and a half, and it's still one of the best games ever. Team Yennefer~!

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
So I've been pushing myself through The Last Tinker, game is solidly boring but its easy and makes me feel better having something I'm "playing" while watching youtube. Came into a area of depressed folks and a catchy song popped in on the video I was watching at pretty much the perfect time.

Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom