• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

consoles were a mistake, they are nothing but trash

Just the one

ouya_unboxing-54594.gif

inm8num2

I'd be surprised if this wasn't the case now. Didn't that insider guy say this would happen?

Here are the posts:

it looks like many gaffers are painting CDP as some magical dev studio with only the best of interests of the gamers in mind. Trust me they are not. The bullshitting with the Witcher 3 started from day 1. PR is creating an overblown vision of a game that doesn't exist while the team is in crazy crunch time for over a year now. There's some bad shit going on that if GAF knew GAF would not like.

Well in the end it's my words vs CDP PR. I mean why should You belive my if I have no solid evidence to show? But that's kind of my point, CDP build a very good realationship with gamers and now it's paying off as oppose to say EA. I do have inside knowledge, I did have contact with the game but again NDA and such plus I'm just a dude on the internet. my only point is that GAF should take everything CDP says with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Just to some up my messy line of thinking - don't preorder tha game (especially on consols) wait for the reviews, then decide or don't pay attention to a random dude on the internet and do what you want with your money.

dex3108

hmmm ... someone was asking about TW3 comparison screenshots yesterday ... well - I found this

"Optimization". Also K&M controls are not done yet, no pre-load even on GOG, street date broken in UAE. There is 200+ pages thread on official forums too about downgrade.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
"Optimization". Also K&M controls are not done yet, no pre-load even on GOG, street date broken in UAE. There is 200+ pages thread on official forums too about downgrade.

link?

yes, I'm THAT lazy :p

dex3108

Those sounds much worse than what appears to have happened though. Graphical downgrades are one thing but everything points towards that we're still getting a very impressive, ambitious game.

Yeap but if this was EA or UBi there would be 200 page thread already on GAF XD

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I need to play that sometime. Dunno if I want to buy a wheel for it though. Have had it since some bundle or another.

Also, new humble sale games in ~15 minutes.

It is AWESOME with a wheel! I'm gonna copy a comment I made elsewhere here:

I remember playing Burnout Paradise, a chase mission. I had just got a racing wheel so I was excited as all hell to try it out. Basically the goal of the mission is to survive as long as you can as all of these cars are trying to crash you.

So once I start the rain starts picking up, and I find a gap and jump through it onto a set of train tracks.

I spend the rest of the race zooming at RIDICULOUSLY fast speeds, rain, thunder, and lightning pouring, flashing, and booming all around me. While that's happening, there are cars FLYING onto the train tracks off from roads above, trying to smash into me. As I'm on the tracks the steering wheel is jostling in my hands fighting me because I'm on train tracks, and every time I hit a jump the wheel force goes completely limp since tires aren't touching the ground anymore, you can just spin it freely. Then it BUCKS back when I hit the ground STRONG as hell. I'm dodging left and right to avoid hitting trains while at the same time seeing cars that are tailing me smack front first into the trains, the whole time physically having to fight with the wheel to keep the car in control.

That was one of the most incredibly gaming experiences I've ever had. The rain added such a great feeling to the whole thing, and using the wheel was a profoundly improved experience over a controller. it was really amazing.

I picked up the wheel for $60 and it was an absolutely worthwhile purchase. Driving Force GT, playing Burnout Paradise on PC.

Those sounds much worse than what appears to have happened though. Graphical downgrades are one thing but everything points towards that we're still getting a very impressive, ambitious game.
That's how i'm feeling too. the scope is way bigger, compared to most open world games. Its not like i'm not caring about the downgrade, but the art style is still nice, and it looks fine, gameplay wise.

dex3108

So who has courage to open W3 Downgrade thread in Gaming section? And how long it will take that thread turns into a mess and be closed by mods? XD

Also Happy B-Day billmcdougal :D

derExperte

The sales for Stealth Inc 2 gotta be bad if it's already 50% off

It was a Humble Store exclusive for a few weeks and got zero marketing anywhere even when it moved to Steam. They done fucked it up.

So who has courage to open W3 Downgrade thread in Gaming section? And how long it will take that thread turns into a mess and be closed by mods? XD

Aren't they talking about the downgrades in that PS4 footage thread?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
It was a Humble Store exclusive for a few weeks and got zero marketing anywhere even when it moved to Steam. They done fucked it up.

... and before that it was exclusive to Playstation platforms ... wasn't it?

derExperte

Wii U eshop exclusive. No, really.

That's not necessarily a bad idea since you'll have less competition, Gunman Clive sold boatloads on 3DS before ports happened. But then you gotta do more than dump your game on Steam and even Humble didn't advertise a lot when it was only there. Like how about putting it in a bundle with it being the highest tier? Something, anything.

Eila

Last I heard really low numbers on steamspy are not accurate. But yeah, I'm sure it did really poorly.
Unless it's a really really big "indie" game, I just don't see enough value to not wait a couple months until it goes 75% off or is included in a bundle. I know that's how I got the first Stealth Bastard.

kulapik

According to SteamSpy the average playtime of Mountain is 6 hours

6 hours of looking at a mountain for 0.49

Great value

Shantom

That's not necessarily a bad idea since you'll have less competition, Gunman Clive sold boatloads on 3DS before ports happened. But then you gotta do more than dump your game on Steam and even Humble didn't advertise a lot when it was only there. Like how about putting it in a bundle with it being the highest tier? Something, anything.

Gunman Clive was already available on iOS, Android and PC (but not Steam) before it sold brilliantly on 3DS. Shovel Knight sold very well on both 3DS and Wii U despite only releasing in America while releasing on Steam worldwide. Doing a Wii U or 3DS port can be a very good idea, but making it exclusive (especially for a sequel) is silly. Nintendo have shown they're willing to market multiplatform games.

Nabs

Next Bemine bonus is Ubinota, and Steam reviews say it's good.

It's a puzzle game where the main character goes hungry and ends up eating paint. Your goal is to keep houses afloat using colored paint, each with different properties. It's a little rough around the edges, but cool for short play sessions. It's worth giving a shot if you picked up the bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom