• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

This apparently came out today.

Ok this curator comment got me.
"I haven't seen this much yuri in one game since Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge. This is a strong contender for VN of the year

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
very funny

I wanted to play something like Katamari maybe?

Genuinely the last time I remember anyone talking about it. It's a rough game, for sure, but that's almost a staple of Dejoban games at this point.

Are you playing with a controller?

Tizoc

This apparently came out today.

Ok this curator comment got me.
"I haven't seen this much yuri in one game since Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge. This is a strong contender for VN of the year

I wish to know more about the game's yuri-ness, for that inter...
what the hell, Gaben?
ss_82426771035e16f86871f2eeb283f7e6b9074efd.1920x1080.jpg

Arthea

Genuinely the last time I remember anyone talking about it. It's a rough game, for sure, but that's almost a staple of Dejoban games at this point.

Are you playing with a controller?
Well, I didn't expect it to be awesome, but it has mostly positive reviews, so I thought why not.
no, with kb and mouse. Why? You think it would be better with controller?

I was able to beat it and not hate it, playing with a controller. But It's been so long, I forget the experience beyond that.

I'd say it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Ok, I'll try with controller, thanks

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Well, I didn't expect it to be awesome, but it has mostly positive reviews, so I thought why not.
no, with kb and mouse. Why? You think it would be better with controller?

I was able to beat it and not hate it, playing with a controller. But It's been so long, I forget the experience beyond that.

I'd say it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Blitzhex

I need some help on bypassing steam censorship. I've got a UAE steam account.
Apparently the UAE steam version of Witcher 3 is going to be censored. My friend has a UK steam account (pays in pounds), but lives in the UAE now. I'm pretty sure his version will be uncensored, since its going through the UK steam store. If he gifts me a copy from his UK store, would it be uncensored for me as well?

I've also read that Witcher 3 only has 2 subs atm, RU and ROW, meaning the censored version hasn't been added to steam yet, or something. So, would buying it right now mean my version would be uncensored? I'm not savvy enough to decipher steamdb subcodes and stuff.

LuuKyK

Honestly, will Resident Evil Revelations (the first one) ever be on sale? Ffs, I've been wanting to play it since forever and waiting for a pricedrop has been quite the depressing experience. Game literally never dropped its price. :/

L.O.R.D

I need some help on bypassing steam censorship. I've got a UAE steam account.
Apparently the UAE steam version of Witcher 3 is going to be censored. My friend has a UK steam account (pays in pounds), but lives in the UAE now. I'm pretty sure his version will be uncensored, since its going through the UK steam store. If he gifts me a copy from his UK store, would it be uncensored for me as well?

I've also read that Witcher 3 only has 2 subs atm, RU and ROW, meaning the censored version hasn't been added to steam yet, or something. So, would buying it right now mean my version would be uncensored? I'm not savvy enough to decipher steamdb subcodes and stuff.
if he live in Saudi arabia or UAE ..its the same , he will get the meddle east version
buy it from GOG or try getting it from someone in the US, maybe this will help

i am not sure how your friend are paying in pound when he live in UAE
my friend used to live in saudi arabia and now moved to Australia , now he is using the Australian currency

Shadownet

Banned
Honestly, will Resident Evil Revelations (the first one) ever be on sale? Ffs, I've been wanting to play it since forever and waiting for a pricedrop has been quite the depressing experience. Game literally never dropped its price. :/

image.php

i'm sorry, it was too good to ignore.

L.O.R.D

last sale the game was $15 ( 12.5 exactly )
and it was 2 keys before the region lock

rtcn63

Don't worry, we'll get the The Witcher 3 Definitive Edition next year, with slightly better lighting and worse FPS.

Full Combat Rebalance. But it's honestly better on a second playthrough, after the basics are grasped.

Is there one for TW2 as well? I'm only going to play it once, as I want to go through it before starting TW3, so I'll skip the mod if it's too much for a single run. Thank all the same though.

Hmm I would recommend using some of texture replacements from "Rise of the White Wolf", because I didn't want to destory the whole original look of the game. For Example I picked the map POI textures because the original game only had green and black ones, gets confusing without hovering over them. I could upload these separately if you want. Also the Geralt replacement textures are pretty good. Then I also use Perfect Blood + Perfect Rain, Stackable Items and smaller texture replacements like better Res Moon & Skyboxes. There are Packs with 2GB of textures somewhere around the internet, wouldn't recommend them, they are just the original textures with sharpening filter applied, not good in my opinion.

Thanks for the advice. I'll grab that and set it up accordingly.

madjoki

I'd say there's a fear that a web-based system would be more prone to attacks than the likes of Desura, but such concerns could be assuaged by implementing some sort of two-factor authentication. Granted, needing to confirm the redemption of a key would be a bit of pain, but at the end of the day it would be better than, say, having to wait until you returned home from work.

There's already were tight limits to prevent testing of keys.
It's easy to activate key using SteamKit. I suppose it weeds out some thought, because I don't think there's ready-to-use code on public internet.

I don't think censored version requires different sub in all cases, but it's just one way of doing things.
You can't see full information for unreleased games.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
First I had to look at a picture or music and now I have a unknown teaser.
This is too much for me to bear. I need more.

Will my avatar suffice for now? :3

Honestly though, I'd love to be able to show more! It's just that there's only so much I can show off before I've practically given away the entire thing, and that's not good to do before the game's even out. It's taking a bit longer than I originally anticipated it would, but that's just the way it goes when you grab a few others to help you out. Trust me, as nuts as all the teasing is driving you, I'm going just as crazy over here because I want to get it all out to everyone!

Miguel81

GMG had the last good RE sale iirc. Gamersgate also often have a Capcom sale, though the lowest for Revelations was around 12 USD. Steam summer sale can't come soon enough.

Don't worry, we'll get the The Witcher 3 Definitive Edition next year, with slightly better lighting and worse FPS.

Heh, still need boot up that Sleepy Dogs DE for comparison sake.

Messiah

GMG had the last good RE sale iirc. Gamersgate also often have a Capcom sale, though the lowest for Revelations was around 12 USD. Steam summer sale can't come soon enough.

GMG has a RE Sale like every 3 months or something. At least that's what it feels like.

Speaking of sales. I think the only things I will get in the humble sale are the Ys games and Nuclear Throne if they are reduced.

BruteUA

Renegade Ops for $0.99. Get that.

Anybody have any issues with Renegade Ops and a wireless 360 controller? Both the controller and the dongle are first party. It still works fine with other games. But it does nothing in Renegade Ops. It will switch from the keyboard prompts in the menu to controller ones, but not accept any other input from the controller.

I've Googled and checked the Steam forums, any ideas?

Terra_Ex

Why not just import your steam wishlist into isthereanydeal.com, which tracks all the major legit steam key resellers, then set it up so it emails you whenever the game goes on sale below a price threshold you're happy with?

Jawmuncher

Will my avatar suffice for now? :3

Honestly though, I'd love to be able to show more! It's just that there's only so much I can show off before I've practically given away the entire thing, and that's not good to do before the game's even out. It's taking a bit longer than I originally anticipated it would, but that's just the way it goes when you grab a few others to help you out. Trust me, as nuts as all the teasing is driving you, I'm going just as crazy over here because I want to get it all out to everyone!

Yeah must suck to have to withhold all the information. Wonder if that's how big project workers feel as well.

-----

Don't really care about a W3 downgrade, I just want the game to be good.
W2 wasn't bad, but I wasn't very impressed.

Jawmuncher

Still curious about all the hype surrounding W3. Did i miss something or does a lot of it seemed to be people thinking it will fill the skyrim void on current gen consoles?

Still curious about all the hype surrounding W3. Did i miss something or does a lot of it seemed to be people thinking it will fill the skyrim void on current gen consoles?
Hype really hurts in the end. Almost all games can't fulfill it. So good games get called "shit" for not reaching lofty goals that gamers themselves made up in their heads.

rtcn63

For me, the ellyfant in the room is the combat. Witcher 2 was just... not fun for me. Maybe I'm simple. Maybe I need my bacon crispy and eggs over easy. Still, it became a stumbling block for me. Also that rotating minimap. I hated it.

It's been at half price plenty of times but never as cheap as RE6 for some reason. I remember seeing it for around $15 not too long ago.

Shadownet

Banned
Revelaitons was like 8€ last week during gamesrepublic's birthday sale with the coupon.
I even mentioned it in here! ;)

You know no one listen to you my friend, and your avatar is the exact reaction of everyone when you post something.
<3

Edit: damn it Kurt.

Man if I could go back in time to when GAF was all hype for the XBone and the PS4 just to tell them that the specs of these consoles are gonna be lower than a PC from before the specs were revealed....
Oh how smug I would be~
I mean, "a PC" is pretty broad. I'm sure a PS4 and an Xbox One is better than a PC you can build using that $400-500. But if we're talking about like an $800+ PC then yes. You are correct.

Then again, whoever thought that the PS4 and Xbox One were going to be better than your average PC has to be dreaming.

Tizoc

Man if I could go back in time to when GAF was all hype for the XBone and the PS4 just to tell them that the specs of these consoles are gonna be lower than a PC from before the specs were revealed....
Oh how smug I would be~

...but if Witcher 3 runs at 60 FPS, then it's all OK in my book IMO. I mean my laptop may only be able to run it as good as Moredoors, in which I'd still be satisfied.

Terra_Ex

Oh how smug I would be~

...but if Witcher 3 runs at 60 FPS, then it's all OK in my book IMO. I mean my laptop may only be able to run it as good as Moredoors, in which I'd still be satisfied.
Specs aren't everything, man. Consoles have the unique feature of being playable from your couch, a feat completely impossible to achieve with a PC. Something about drivers and settings goes here too I think.

Deitus

Yeah Resident Evil and Square Enix games goes on sale quite often.

Well the Eidos SE games anyway. Japanese Square games tend to not go on sale so often (and are completely absent from almost every big Square Enix publisher sale).

Specs aren't everything, man. Consoles have the unique feature of being playable from your couch, a feat completely impossible to achieve with a PC. Something about drivers and settings goes here too I think.

Don't forget how PCs don't have any games at all except maybe RTSs.

Yes, there's also one for The Witcher 2. Made by the same guy (now working at CD Projekt).
Excellent, I'll have a look. Thanks.

Angry Joe's gameplay video made me pretty thirsty for the game. Really looks plenty of fun.

We should make a thread for that as well. Sometimes this feels like Game of Thrones and SteamGaf is just pulling strings to release salt.

Well the Eidos SE games anyway. Japanese Square games tend to not go on sale so often (and are completely absent from almost every big Square Enix publisher sale).

Don't forget how PCs don't have any games at all except maybe RTSs.

No, RTS games don't count and everything else is a MOBA or MMORPG, both of which don't count either. Don't forget that you have to drop £1000 each month on upgrades just to play solitaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom