• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Ysy money!

Anywho close to 1,000 games on Steam with about 50 in various stages of progress and I'm going through FFXII Int for the umptenth time. Not like that's coming to PC anytime soon but I might crack on Heavensward soon. Well when there's some Steam release date info.

fantomena

Started up my Wii U and I will use the next few weeks finishing Wind Waker HD.

I know it's not a long game (a bit above 20 hours), but I use a shitload of time to finish a game no matter their length.

Ayumi

Let me know if this is the wrong place for this.

Giving away stuff in my inventory. I don't care what you do with it. Sell it, gem it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ayumi/inventory/

Trade URL: https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=37184087&token=vJmY7gfp

Just select what you want and send me a trade offer. 10 items per person (so please do it in 1 trade if you want 10 items.)
Here is what I don't wanna trade: 8bitheart, kraken background and moogle emoticon

There are few things I wanna keep, so if I reject your offer, please ask me about it in this thread and I can tell you what to remove/replace in the trade offer.

(Note: Don't offer me anything back, I don't want anything.)

I'm on my second run of Rune Factory 4 on my 2DS to try and get everything maxed out. Forte waifu get!

I bought this game last year at full price because rumors were floating about that the developer or publisher had shut down and copies of the game would become very hard to find. Turns out, the game has been reprinted something like thrice since then. And I still haven't played it. Having a backlog on Nintendo systems bugs me because of how much more expensive it is than Steam :p

Giving away stuff in my inventory. I don't care what you do with it. Sell it, gem it.

We'd need your trade link. Dibs on the watermelon? :p

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Started up my Wi iU and I will use the next few weeks finishing Wind Waker HD.

I know it's not a long game (a bit above 20 hours), but I use a shitload of time to finish game no matter their length.

I played through HD last year, great experience. My original wind waker disc came scratched back in 2003 and the game would lock just as you entered the King of Red Lions' intro. I must have gone through forsaken fortress a dozen times after trying to clean the disc. HD was definitely a remaster done well and I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Ayumi

Damnit blocked on webpage since some reason thinks a new location.
Would it help if I put a trade URL in my bio? My profile and inventory are public.

Edit: Like I said in my original post, I don't want to give away 8bitheart, kraken background or moogle.
I see people requesting either both or one of them.. can you remove the items and reqest again?

(Also sorry if I don't accept your trade offer right away, it's late here and I'm kind of busy)

Lain

Let me know if this is the wrong place for this.

Trade URL: https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=37184087&token=vJmY7gfp

Just select what you want and send me a trade offer. 10 items per person (so please do it in 1 trade if you want 10 items.)
Here is what I don't wanna trade: 8bitheart, kraken background and moogle emoticon

There are few things I wanna keep, so if I reject your offer, please ask me about it in this thread and I can tell you what to remove/replace in the trade offer.

(Note: Don't offer me anything back, I don't want anything.)

Nice, I took some backgrounds and emoticons which looked cool, thanks for them.

Chariot

The new information in the W3 thread is making me a bit mad. Only one version for all plattforms, thus the consoles holding us down, pinning us to the ground, denying us our power? What audacity, what heresy. Why do we have to share a draw distance with the consoles when we could have so much more, when we could BE so much more?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
my theory is they downgraded W3 to sell the definitive redux ultra HD version a year from now, with the restored content they downgraded.

Unless the current set of consoles is magically getting more powerful, I don't see how that would work.

GTA5 is making me wish more devs would be like Rockstar with their PC releases. I'd rather wait if it means getting special treatment.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So is the drawdistance made the same way as it was in witcher 2?

If that's the case then I hope that guy that made the witcher 2 drawdistance fix will do it again.
And god I hope textures will be moddable, because apparently the textures are completly the same on all platforms (wtf).

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
looks like dishonored definitive edition is a thing, wonder if they'll add anything to it

One more "HD" remaster for the new consoles, I guess :/

My utmost disgust.Interesting point actually. But I thought CDPR is a friend of PC gamers.

Every company wants to make as much many with as little effort as possible, none of them are "friends" of a certain platform.

Just look at valve and bethesdas move with the paid mods.

Chariot

http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=51

Important bit:

"Platform unification exists – we have a single build, which is distributed to each one of them. The game is the same; the draw distance is the same. Minor differences result from the fact that the GPU has different parameters on different consoles, which can result in, e.g., the changes in color temperatures.

How will the PC ultra version hold up against consoles?

It will be possible to spot differences in, for example, Nvidia HairWorks, but those are very demanding graphically, so a strong PC will be needed. What I’m about to say might not be diplomatic. In the future you will be able to turn on the option of ubersampling, which, upon the release of The Witcher 2, was killing the game, and will probably do the same with this title, so we don’t want to unlock it for now. It makes the game look better, but the requirements are insane.

Are all the textures and models the same?

Yes, there is only one version, otherwise we wouldn’t be able to make the game in time. We would have to take it all apart, and then build it and test it on three different platforms at the same time, which is impossible to do. Therefore, we have one common basis, and then transfer it to other platforms.

We manage it differently on platforms with less memory. Less complex models are loaded; it all depends on what is going on on the screen at the moment. To sum up, there are only a few differences between PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. They are not aimed at changing the configuration; instead their purpose is to solve certain problems."

My utmost disgust.
Do you still expect to pay the same price? Because if you are not prepared to pay more, this argument doesn't make a lot of sense.
Interesting point actually. But I thought CDPR is a friend of PC gamers.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I don't mind them, since those consoles don't have backwards compatibility, give more people a chance to play it at higher resolution/framerate.

Only problem I have with them are that it's $60 for a three year old game.

I guess these are the things which makes me only play on pc (and on nintendo consoles but that's another story)

Copons

Important bit:

"Platform unification exists – we have a single build, which is distributed to each one of them. The game is the same; the draw distance is the same. Minor differences result from the fact that the GPU has different parameters on different consoles, which can result in, e.g., the changes in color temperatures.

How will the PC ultra version hold up against consoles?

It will be possible to spot differences in, for example, Nvidia HairWorks, but those are very demanding graphically, so a strong PC will be needed. What I’m about to say might not be diplomatic. In the future you will be able to turn on the option of ubersampling, which, upon the release of The Witcher 2, was killing the game, and will probably do the same with this title, so we don’t want to unlock it for now. It makes the game look better, but the requirements are insane.

Yes, there is only one version, otherwise we wouldn’t be able to make the game in time. We would have to take it all apart, and then build it and test it on three different platforms at the same time, which is impossible to do. Therefore, we have one common basis, and then transfer it to other platforms.

We manage it differently on platforms with less memory. Less complex models are loaded; it all depends on what is going on on the screen at the moment. To sum up, there are only a few differences between PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. They are not aimed at changing the configuration; instead their purpose is to solve certain problems."

My utmost disgust.Interesting point actually. But I thought CDPR is a friend of PC gamers.

Welp.
I wouldn't be able to run TW3 at ultra (I guess? I wasn't able to turn ubersampling on in TW2 too), but still, not the greatest news.

Also, that article is dated January... no one read it back then?

I think CDPR buried themself with the "We love out customers, we are players ourself" etc etc...too many statements on how they were great, and than a game release and it seems they are just like other people on this industry.

They are taking the xbox marketing money and allow their games to be regionally price gouged.... Yet they can still do no wrong.

At this point they are pretty much the Valve of the videogame industry

Chariot

8q37M7A.png

So weird seeing someone quote a screenshot of reddit from neogaf on the CDPR forum.

Welp.
I wouldn't be able to run TW3 at ultra (I guess? I wasn't able to turn ubersampling on in TW2 too), but still, not the greatest news.

Also, that article is dated January... no one read it back then?
Apparently everyone forgot. It's strange how this article only came up recently. The game still looks pretty good, but I am a bit bummed out on principle by consoles holding pcs back. This won't get better with further generations I presume.

It just doesn't make sense.
How about PC settings? Won't there be low/medium/high/ultra texture settings?

dex3108

Worst thing is that now people are blaming PC players for downgrade threads. Even if we accept that as true what is wrong with that? We own 2,3, 5, 10X powerful hardware and we should be ok that PC version is on console level? I don;t get it.

Dr Dogg

Hang on, none of these Witcher III 'revelations' are new. One of the things that stood out to me since the Microsoft E3 demo was the LoD scaling and while it hasn't gotten much better but neither has to got any worse in all the gameplay videos and trailers since. A slightly over a minute sexed up teaser trailer at a notorious bullshit and marketing heavy event like VGX/The Game Awards is not something I'd be pinning my hopes on to be representative of the final product let alone the current state of development 18 months before the title is finished. Sure go have a pop at CDPR for showing that off but the last years worth of footage has been pretty consistent and I'd bloody well hope is representative of the final product.

Considering I've just fired up Witcher 2 seeing the comments saying it looks 'better' than 3 are absolutely laughable. Now excuse me I've got to see a Witcher about a vodka obsessed Troll.

derExperte

Worst thing is that now people are blaming PC players for downgrade threads. Even if we accept that as true what is wrong with that? We own 2,3, 5, 10X powerful hardware and we should be ok that PC version is on console level? I don;t get it.

It's considered elitist now to expect something better as a PC gamer, can't make the rest feel left behind. As long as you don't drag the PS4 down to X1 levels of course, then good night and good luck.

Considering I've just fired up Witcher 2 seeing the comments saying it looks 'better' than 3 are absolutely laughable.

If you compare the worst looking scenes of W3 we've seen and compare them with the nicest ones in W2 it's probably true. But since W3 is open world I'm willing to cut them some slack.

I might be mixing them up with someone else, but didn't CDPR state from the very beginning that they're aiming for parity across all platforms?

dex3108

I might be mixing them up with someone else, but didn't CDPR state from the very beginning that they're aiming for parity across all platforms?

I think that statement popped up last year in interview. They are using LOD tech that generates LOD levels by itself and they just kept values for every asset same across all platforms. And they probably kept all textures same resolution on all platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom