• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I hate being sick :/
Get well soon!
I never get the use of 'themes' or skins on something I'm not going to be either sat staring at indefinitely or doesn't grant me any increase in usability. It's just something else to maintain and piss about with that will only end up distracting me from knowing out my backlog. That and there's not a single skin for Steam that does anything for me even on an aesthetical level let alone one of function.
Totally agree. Tried out all major skins and each and every time went back to vanilla. Not worth the hassle.

I'm really liking Win8.1 so far. It feels snappier than Win7. Not by much but I like the visual style.

There are things I absolutely don't like though. The Metro UI might be useful for tablets but it sucks balls on PC. I hate that I can't disable it completely. Some settings are in classic Windows mode but when you click a sub-option ugly Metro pops up. Urgh.

The windows app-store might be useful for people but I am hardly using it.
The worst thing? Solitaire is absent. IT IS FREAKING ABSENT!
I got the game from the Appstore but Lord help me it starts only in Metro-UI form. What the heck MS? Those games are prefect BECAUSE I can have them opened in a window, play for a couple seconds, minimize etc. Why in the world would I want that fulscreen/half-ugly-metro-screen?
They messed up here big time. Haven't played Solitaire ever since Win8 therefore and I'm missing it.

Other than that I have a weird issue with apps taking about 2-3 seconds to start very often. Windows image viewer, winrar, mp-hc. No clue what cause it to happen so suddenly. Not in the mood for a fresh install. This is barely 3 weeks old -_-'

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'm really liking Win8.1 so far. It feels snappier than Win7. Not by much but I like the visual style.

There are things I absolutely don't like though. The Metro UI might be useful for tablets but it sucks balls on PC. I hate that I can't disable it completely. Some settings are in classic Windows mode but when you click a sub-option ugly Metro pops up. Urgh.

Using Start8, (some prefer Classic Shell since it is free and contains some other QOL enhancements) I pretty much never see Metro UI with the rare exception that I need to use a menu they relegated to the side bar on the right hand side. Windows 8 is pretty good otherwise! Can't wait to upgrade to 10 since it seems like they made more improvements on the whole.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Using Start8, (some prefer Classic Shell since it is free and contains some other QOL enhancements) I pretty much never see Metro UI with the rare exception that I need to use a menu they relegated to the side bar on the right hand side. Windows 8 is pretty good otherwise! Can't wait to upgrade to 10 since it seems like they made more improvements on the whole.

It's pretty good besides the in-progressness of some things!

Yep. I'm using Classic Shell already. Helps a lot.

Tizoc

Hjfqebs.jpg

I'm not really surprised. But I'm still disappointed.

Do F2P games on Steam not count as +1s?
If they do, then Jase will be graced with a glorious +46s by next year~

Besides we don't even know if or what these 46 games are, though it means we get Sonic 1 and 2 remastered, then fuck to the yes, and screw the haters.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Doorways The Underworld -- MB-BE5FBC45B688DFE3 - Taken by anastef

milena87

Great news for CDPR. I wonder how many of those are on PC.

Anyway, I already have the game on Steam (couldn't resist that price) and I'm ready to pre-load it.
I also have the CE preordered from Amazon.co.uk and The World of The Witcher from Amazon.it

I think I'm ready.

Get well soon!

Thanks Veggie. I'm already much better today, in fact I'm at work right now, trying to look busy ;)

Kagemusha

Mostly +1 trash. As a Hotline Miami fan I'm mildly curious how bad Kavkaz is but I'm not giving them any money.
I'm sure the few hundred dollars they get will be a curse for them. Rent for another month. Their office complex is absolute squalor. Freezing cold and the restroom also functions as the break room.

Anyone got a spare bundle (either Steam/Desura) key for Millennium 3 or Millennium 4 they want to trade? I've been playing through the series, but I'd rather ask here before I go buying it on GMG. Maybe someone wants a copy of Blue Rose or Survivalist.

Kagemusha

Did GOG work on SR2 to get it to work on modern systems? I've never tried the Steam version. The GoG page says SR2 has Win 7/8 support.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas ENB mods were always wonky. Even the vanilla one for FO3 never worked correctly for me.

FINALLY figured out the issue! you gotta disable steam overlay or else it doesn't work. but... i like the steam overlay and use it often so I'm not gonna use the enb... pretty lame you gotta disable it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Doorways: Chapter 3 - The Underworld -- MB-6F682E101C92E347 - Taken by Abomination
DEADLY PREMONITION: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT -- MB-9ABE21A7066BBCBB - Taken by freshVeggie
SURVIVORS -- MB-2354838AA6D22AEB - Taken by Milamber
NORTHMARK: HOUR OF THE WOLF -- MB-891134A7A6A6EB8A - Taken by Kifimbo
JONES ON FIRE -- MB-872F6E767994F01F - Taken by nightstorm
I HAVE NO MOUTH, AND I MUST SCREAM -- MB-09666C1DFFD4DF9B - Taken by Ben652
INCOGNITO -- MB-E1F55E379CBC8606 - Taken by Chreznor

should all work, I think...its all a blur these days

"Steam keys are temporarily exhausted for this item."

Never had that happen from Humble before. Bummer, because I was looking forward to trying This War of Mine, finally. Anyway, here's a spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheLetdown, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eidolon -- MB-54A055F12ED1D5B2 - Taken by ExoSoul. 17 entrants total.

t1431366277z1.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
That Saints Row 2 thing is pretty crazy.

I wonder if it'll still be compatible with mods, since SR2 seems to have hella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom