• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

It's possible that Volition/GoG had Idolninja's "Gentlemen of the Row" mod pre-installed for those versions. Last I heard, he was pretty close with the dev team so I could imagine them pushing for that for a GoG release.

Probably that. I also used that mod for Steam and my experience with the game was pretty good, i7 4790K + 250 GTS @ ~40fps

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
n1T4Bf7.jpg

oh, ubi ... you funny ;)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-4D0A8508C0E50760 - Taken by Man Puncher

Lomax

That Saints Row 2 thing is pretty crazy.

I wonder if it'll still be compatible with mods, since SR2 seems to have hella

I opened a thread on Steam community, Nordic need to release a fix if it exists, no way they can continue to sell a broken game on a platform while another has a fixed one (I know Gentlemen fixes pretty much all need to be fixed, but still the game doesn't work out of the box).

Hasn't GoG been known to use community patches in their releases to make them work? Maybe they'll just integrate the Gentlemen patch in the release.

Chariot

Tizoc

Considering it's dinosaurs and not zombies I think it's alright.
There's only one other game out which is beats of prey. Since the stomping lands got canned.

Still an EA Survival game mang, and I bet there'll be zombie dinosaurs added in :V
Not that I hate first person view, but I wanna SEE my character riding the dino, cuz otherwise I may as well be riding a zombie cannibalistic horse.

Jawmuncher

Still an EA Survival game mang, and I bet there'll be zombie dinosaurs added in :V
Not that I hate first person view, but I wanna SEE my character riding the dino, cuz otherwise I may as well be riding a zombie cannibalistic horse.

EA with dinosaurs

It won't work out :(

Beats of Prey is still going strong and this looks pretty far along already. What is shown here already looks better than the previews of Stomping Lands.
So long as it isn't a lie this might be farther along than it looks. Plus the Xbox and PS4 versions mentioned could be a good thing as well in terms of team capability.
Pretty much once the EA is out, we'll know just what to expect. Granted I still would prefer a SP sort of game like this but i'll take something over nothing. Especially since as I said at the moment survival with dinosaurs isn't a common thing yet. Though there is another game on the horizon called The Isle so maybe this is the next big thing.

Kaleinc

Banned
Are you kidding? It's RE4. It's unplayable with KB/M.
I finished the very first port using a keyboard (didn't need mouse) without a problem. Nailed down aiming in 10 minutes and then it was the matter of remembering ps2 pad prompts lol, nothing special.

You've clearly never played SR2 on PC.
I actually did, performance sucked but I have a weak CPU.

Now try playing Dark Souls without any mods or fixes, only officail patches - even now shit is unplayable.

The fact that it isn't being forced out to come with the movie release is probably a good sign.
Oh I assumed that's when the movie comes out.
Yeah, that is somewhat a good sign of not being rushed.
Save 0.5$ per day and you will have enough money for game + season pass on Nuuvem xD
Haha. Will Mad Max have a season pass at all? I mean Just Cause 2 didn't have one and the game was still a success.

Nabs

I finished the very first port using a keyboard (didn't need mouse) without a problem. Nailed down aiming in 10 minutes and then it was the matter of remembering ps2 pad prompts lol, nothing special.

I actually did, performance sucked but I have a weak CPU.

Now try playing Dark Souls without any mods or fixes, only officail patches - even now shit is unplayable.

Heh. Try playing it on a modern cpu.

Vanilla Dark Souls is still better than the console versions. It's very much playable. SR2 on the other hand...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I wonder if Saint's Row 2 is still the worst port in the history of gaming. I even own a physical copy!

It's an interesting question. Can we quantify what constitutes a bad port? Lack of faithfulness to the original product? Not taking advantage of the abilities of the ported platform?

Regardless, I think a worst port of all time contender has to be the PC88 port of Super Mario Bros: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONLLWp1QIXI

Among its many faults, the fact that it does not feature the consistent scrolling of the Mario series. It would load a new part of the level once you reach the screen's edge.

Lomax

The greatness of Saints Row 2 makes the hassle of getting it running decently well worth it. Just concede the fact it isn't gonna run great and enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom