• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

The Star Destroyer part is awful, I had to check a guide in order to beat it. Terrible game design there.

yeah I played that section drunk last night, woke up with like 20 or so screenshots from that same section :lol, had to read about what the button prompts were about and finished it, but I think I was doing it right, it's just a really long sequence that you have to do like 4 times.

Tizoc

I wonder if nuuvem will sell MGS5 PP keys...and Konami won't give a fuck on whether it'd be region locked keys or not :V

Is FF14 really the only VIP deal?

CDPR wtf did you do to GMG

Looks like they are still updating heh.

donny2112

Hjfqebs.jpg

Love watching that show.

Really been getting behind on playing Steam games this year. Been trying to whittle down the Wii U/3DS backlog. A few more games there, and I think it'll be time to jump back over to Steam. Still need to finish the last of the second Tomb Raider trilogy and then get to all the awesome Star Wars games I've never played before from the Humble Bundle a while back!

Turfster

DIG has Biology Battle for 1$+, BTA for 2 keys

Gamestop (US only) has Last Inua 75% off

I don't know what I really did to earn it, but I have an idea who might have been involved. I hadn't even noticed until Se7en said something in chat about it. I'm gonna have to do some asking around, myself!
Congrats.
It... It's not like I'm jealous or anything.

Hey guys. I continue to have issues with Nuuvem. Now whenever I go to PayPal and click pay Nuuvem says "Operation Aborted, one of the products in your cart is not available in your region". I've tried Hola and FlyVPN, from Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Chile with no luck. Is this a common issue? Is there any way around it? Thanks guys!

Dr Dogg

No this can't be right. So just watched (well had on in the background) the 35min Dev Commentary Witcher III video (as in this one) and one of the voices sounded very, very familiar. So flipping over to the footage Jonny has a voice actor tht I'm pretty much certain I've heard a few places before. Then all of a sudden this pops into my head.
So I go have a dig around a few YouTube clips and no fucking way they sound so similar. Well UK Luke voiced by Maria Darling who incidentally did some voice work for The Witcher 2.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Who owns the rights for this series?
Croc_Legend_of_the_Gobbos.jpg
1116_front.jpg

Most likely Activision Blizzard. Upon further inspection, it looks like Argonuat itself may have actually owned the character. So, who ever bought their assets when they closed.

Now I've seen some D-tier platformer characters in my time, but got damn.

Of all the "We don't have have Mario" games on the Playstation, Croc is certainly first among the writhing pile of mediocrity.

Tizoc

Now I've seen some D-tier platformer characters in my time, but got damn.

He was from the PSX era. At the time the design was fine. He's a cartoony crocodile...and had the cutest voice ever. His design holds up IMO, but you're judging it off how well gaming CGI was during the period.

fantomena

Seems like GOGs version of SR2 is the best vanilla.

Just played the first mission and made sure to get a good look at the city to make sure everything was rendering.

I can safely say it's gone from the worst PC port of all time to a rather average one. I'm not sure if it's something I have enabled or a part of the game now, but it seems to be capped at 30FPS. On the other hand though, it holds that 30FPS very well, and while there are occasional drops for me, the stuttering and horrible performance seem to be gone.

The radio is still horrible quality, but it seems that there are mods to fix that (although with the changes made, mods might not work for now). Also, I didn't know this game had proper headlight shadows from cars. Very nice feature for something from 2008, and I can actually appreciate it now that it functions.

I take it no one has played this? Only have 4 people who own it on my friends list all with no play time. Playing it right now and it's pretty interesting so far. Though I have a strange feeling that the game might have spoiled itself.

Any idea how long it is? I have it installed but I keep forgetting to start it. Now I'm wondering if I can get it over quickly before the Witcher 3 releases.

I'll wait for a bundle with every part.

Yea I just bought the bundle and realized I don't have part 1 and 2. I somehow missed all five bundles they've been in so far. Not that I'll play them anytime soon but it's awkward.

Is FF14 really the only VIP deal?

CDPR wtf did you do to GMG

They just tweeted that they're going to do daily flash deal on a single VIP game for every day of this week. Don't even know what that means or how it's better than having all 8-10 games available in the VIP section.

Would you believe the first was originally pitched as a Yoshi platformer?

That doesn't surprise at all.

He was from the PSX era. At the time the design was fine. He's a cartoony crocodile...and had the cutest voice ever. His design holds up IMO, but you're judging it off how well gaming CGI was during the period.

He reminds me of an even dumber version of Gex, which is saying something...

Jawmuncher

Any idea how long it is? I have it installed but I keep forgetting to start it. Now I'm wondering if I can get it over quickly before the Witcher 3 releases.

Going through it now so if you aren't trying to play it right now I can let you know within the week. Visual Novel Database says it's short though 2-10 hours.

--------------

You can apply for the Alpha/Beta of Ark on the web page
http://www.playark.com/

Kaleinc

Banned
Heh. Try playing it on a modern cpu.

Vanilla Dark Souls is still better than the console versions. It's very much playable. SR2 on the other hand...
Dark Souls has worse performance uless you unlock fps which is a third party fix and doesn't count when comparing ports.

Dr Dogg

How on earth can anyone declare the standard of software in a couple of minutes and only testing on one configuration without any tangible analysis, not quantified by meaningful metrics and even without comparing it to any previous versions if available with the same methodology is beyond me. But hey when on the 'tinterwebs some people put reason to one side and take the piss poor analysis as fact and/or are convinced with no evidence to back things up.

Jawmuncher

Who didn't see this coming?

Yeah, not really in any rush. I have the Wolfenstein expansion that I wanted to finish before Witcher 3 too, plus some odds and ends left in GTA 5.

2-10 hours is... quite a range.

Yeah i'm not a fan of how they list things. But in the grand scheme of VNs that is apparently short. Going by the reviews though I would say it averages around the 8 hours mark

Parsnip

SR2 was a fun one to get working. I had to overclock my cpu to a specific speed so that the game would play at right speed (because the mod that would "fix" the speed would actually crash the game on me). And then after that, even with gentlemen of the row, it's still a shitty experience.

I played SR2 and SR3 back to back, and boy the difference is quite something.

Who owns the rights for this series?
Croc_Legend_of_the_Gobbos.jpg
1116_front.jpg

i actually still have my copy of croc 2 for the gameboy color lying around here somewhere. I'm pretty sure i beat it way back. Don't recall liking it much but it was a time when I didn't get many games so if i liked a game or not I'd play it a lot(with the exception of any sports game i got, those shit went straight under my bed never to see the light of day.)

Lomax

With the Gentlemen patch I never had any issue holding 30 fps in Saints Row 2. Of course, I also had one of the "perfect" 3.2 ghz processors it's supposedly tuned for, so that might have helped. It was still glitchy but was plenty playable on my 5770.

It seems possible that if they went to the trouble to create a DRM free version that they may have applied some of the fixes in the mod, even if they didn't apply the mod wholesale. But it also seems just as likely they didn't do anything like that at all.

Man, ARK: Survival Evolved looks incredible graphically, but as someone who's played most survival games I'm almost certain it won't turn out like that, I hope I'm wrong.

Well, it's not as bad once you install some mods that fix up some of the issues.

I really doubt mods could fix any of the issues I had with that dumpster fire.

SR2 was a fun one to get working. I had to overclock my cpu to a specific speed so that the game would play at right speed (because the mod that would "fix" the speed would actually crash the game on me). And then after that, even with gentlemen of the row, it's still a shitty experience.

I played SR2 and SR3 back to back, and boy the difference is quite something.

Jeez -- going from straight up garbage game to a pretty solid game in the same series without a pause... it must've felt like Christmas morning or something. I stayed far away from SR3 for the longest time after my time with SR and SR2; mostly because I figured if SR2 took everything bad about SR and embraced it, there's no way SR3 would be fun. I was kinda wrong on that.

Dr Dogg

CDPR is really slow with pushing that W3 pre-load button on Steam :D

It's alright, I can do 26gigglybites in a day and a half so I'm not that fussed just as long as it's up by Friday.

This in no way it me showing off the superiority of my internet connection by the way.

Jawmuncher

Man, ARK: Survival Evolved looks incredible graphically, but as someone who's played most survival games I'm almost certain it won't turn out like that, I hope I'm wrong.

For me it's really going to depend on how early acess it really is. They are planning a 2016 console release and using Unreal Engine 4 should make things easier. Since it seems the team all have prior experience.

ABOUT STUDIO WILDCARD
Studio Wildcard was founded in 2014 by Jesse Rapczak, former Technical Art Director at
Microsoft Game Studios, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie
productions designed for core gamers. With 12 years of industry experience across multiple
independent and studio-backed titles, Jesse has teamed up with other veteran developers for
a Seattle-based development studio that also includes distributed team members across
multiple continents. Wherever talented, driven developers may reside, Studio Wildcard intends
to seek out and work with them!

Dr Dogg

And the Witcher III Preload is live!!!

Might have been my post about my weedy internet that dun it. You're all welcome.

Edit: Though it's saying 13mb. Hmmmm that's a little bit small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom