• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Just having fun guys! Honest!
z9t0MqR.png

milena87

Damn, I hate being sick :/
It does wonders for my backlog, but I'd prefer being sick during the week, if I really have to, rather than on the weekend...

Anyway, yesterday I finished Wolfenstein Old Blood. Campaign and Nightmare levels (I only missed the one in the prologue) on Uber difficulty took me around 12 hours.
I did search for every collectible possible, only missing 3 gold items during Chapter 2 and 3.

I really liked it. Wolf TNO is the superior game of course, as Old Blood is missing the story and characters that really made me love TNO last year. Still, gameplay-wise, Old Blood is exactly what I expected.
The Nightmare levels were fun, I never played the older Wolfenstein games, so I only had the easter egg in TNO to compare them to. They were much longer than I thought, I probably spent 5 out of 12 hours on them alone.

Chapter 4 on Uber was really difficult. It makes sense in the context of the story, but that last fight was pretty unforgiving. I retried it at least 5 times before finding my new ally: the almost indestructible table.
The last boss was much easier in comparison.

Now to complete the challenges levels. I think I'm missing 4-5 of them. I'm terrible against the giant robot-enemies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
CheesecakeRecipe
Stormy Grey
(Today, 02:29 PM)

:eek:

Congrats!

cool, do you know what he did to get it?

Also, congrats on the tag Cheesecake!

I don't know what I really did to earn it, but I have an idea who might have been involved. I hadn't even noticed until Se7en said something in chat about it. I'm gonna have to do some asking around, myself! Not my picture, but this ink is what it's referring to:

Thanks for the congrats, this fanart is absolutely killing me right now too! You guys ;-;

derExperte

edit: oh, the PSN version that came before actually did have a discount?

then that's just shitty.

The 10% discount was only for PS+ members and so probably didn't come out of the pocket of the developer.

Also of note:

We decided that we won't have any discounts until October at the earliest; that's our way of fighting the "race to the bottom" that plagues the app store.

Deques

I don't know what I really did to earn it, but I have an idea who might have been involved. I hadn't even noticed until Se7en said something in chat about it. I'm gonna have to do some asking around, myself! Not my picture, but this ink is what it's referring to:

Thanks for the congrats, this fanart is absolutely killing me right now too! You guys ;-;

Tags was a mistake, it's nothing but trash :)

baterism

The Binary Domain port was clearly programed by monkeys and not particularly smart ones at that.

Is this because of the control (KB/M) issues? I remember playing it years ago and I don't remember any issue (360 pad).

----------------------------------------------

That funny plastic thread just reminded me that September is still 4 months away.

Dr Dogg

Creep on creeping on SteamGAF.

In other news The Witcher III is available to preload on GOG but not on Steam yet (must be one of them exclusives GOG like so much as of late). 22.7gb over 7 files.

Is this because of the control (KB/M) issues? I remember playing it years ago and I don't remember any issue (360 pad).

----------------------------------------------

That funny plastic thread just reminded me that September is still 4 months away.

Controller mapping is all over the place and there seems to be no way to change it. LT and RT don't aim and shoot but look up and down while if you want to aim and shoot, it's pause and start for that. The pad does't work either, so no weapon changing. Not everyone has an official 360 gamepad, it's a PC afterall. I'm looking at you too Dead Rising 2.

Jawmuncher

Nothing beats a surprise tag. Mine was out of the blue as well. Congrats.

baterism

Controller mapping is all over the place and there seems to be no way to change it. LT and RT don't aim and shoot but look up and down while if you want to aim and shoot, it's pause and start for that. The pad does't work either, so no weapon changing. Not everyone has an official 360 gamepad, it's a PC afterall. I'm looking at you too Dead Rising 2.

I see. That also reminds me that even if using 360 pad, the QTE and button symbol still show as keyboard button. I need to memorize which keyboard button is 360 button.
Yeah. It was one disaster of a port.

Arthea

Higurashi is releasing this week, right for a weekend. Are you guys going to play it right away or will wait for more episodes.
I haven't decided yet.

Jawmuncher

Higurashi is releasing this week, right for a weekend. Are you guys going to play it right away or will wait for more episodes.
I haven't decided yet.

Waiting. Mainly because I'm currently playing eden* and after that I'll be back on a VN break. I get burnt out on all that reading if they're longer than an hour.

baterism

You can change what displays in the config.
uHVe6nR.jpg

Lol, I finished it twice, getting two endings, and I never bothered checking the outside config because I only checked the inside config.
Yeah, it was quite fun TPS. The ending seemed hinting sequel, but I know it ain't happening.

Dr Dogg

So IGAvania news today, AssCreed news tomorrow, FFIV TAY out today and Axiom Verge on Thursday, what more goodies could this week bring? You never know Lightning might Return.

Sölf

I haven't decided yet.

Of course I am instantly playing it. Have to see for myself if the anime really was such a clusterfuck compared to the original, like the Umineko anime was.

Chariot

Sölf;163498423 said:
Of course I am instantly playing it. Have to see for myself if the anime really was such a clusterfuck compared to the original, like the Umineko anime was.
Eh. It wasn't, obviously since the series was actually good. We might get more with the VN, but calling the anime a "clusterfuck" is hyperbole.

Jawmuncher

No fucking way.

Kind of funny considering there's no PC version. Hey valve can we use your property but not put it on the platform of origin? You're still giving us money so sure.

Don't really mind but it's still funny to me. With that said looks like they know that with LD the more third party franchises they can get for use the better.

Arthea

So IGAvania news today, AssCreed news tomorrow, FFIV TAY out today and Axiom Verge on Thursday, what more goodies could this week bring? You never know Lightning might Return.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lightning never return already.

You really shouldn't ignore Higurashi, even if VNs aren't your thing, Higurashi is special.

edited: not to mention we want more good VNs on steam, I hope.

Sölf

Eh. It wasn't, obviously since the series was actually good. We might get more with the VN, but calling the anime a "clusterfuck" is hyperbole.

You forget I really liked Higurashi. But I've often read that the anime was not a good adaption. The manga seems to be much better, I never read that either. For Umineko I can definitly say, that the anime was extremely bad. Manga seems also to be quite good, but I've also never read that. xD

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Sölf;163498855 said:
You forget I really liked Higurashi. But I've often read that the anime was not a good adaption. The manga seems to be much better, I never read that either. For Umineko I can definitly say, that the anime was extremely bad. Manga seems also to be quite good, but I've also never read that. xD

I stopped watching the adaption of Umineko after they skipped almost all of the introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom