• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

It would be nice if Higurashi sold so good, that 5pb. and JAST got all jelly.
Actually if it's 5pb. fault that we don't have Steins Gate on steam, it would suffice if they got jelly.
most likely not gonna happen, I know

Witcher 3 reviews tomorrow :D

We already know it got downgraded to SNES level. Why would we care?
sorry, I had to

on more serious note, I'll postpone my W3 playthrough until late summer most likely, there are reasons why, PS3 related reasons. I might even wait until Expansion Pass is cheap, not gonna pay 25€ for it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So IGAvania news today, AssCreed news tomorrow, FFIV TAY out today and Axiom Verge on Thursday, what more goodies could this week bring? You never know Lightning might Return.

Please, no.

Anteater

I wonder if I'm doing these bending sections wrong in force unleashed, I just couldn't get him to bend shit unless I stand specifically at certain spots.

that star destroyer section is lame.

and clearing the first room in the death star level sure took forever

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You don't have to buy it, you know.
I haven't bought it on console, I would buy on PC, if price is right and a port half decent.

AdachiAHAHAHAHAHAHA.gif

Speaking as someone that has bought FF13/13-2 TWICE (PS3, PC) expecting a "definitive port" for PC: don't hold your breath. If FF13-3 never comes to PC, we're better off at the rate Square-Enidos is going in fixing the last two outings.

"OH BUT PATCHES D--"

No. Frames Per Second is still all over the damn place.

chronomac

So IGAvania news today, AssCreed news tomorrow, FFIV TAY out today and Axiom Verge on Thursday, what more goodies could this week bring? You never know Lightning might Return.

Mad Max opens Thursday and Friday. I'm more excited about that than anything else this week.

Axiom Verge isn't too far behind, though.

Lain

I can only wish. I'd buy it as soon as it showed on the store.

Arthea

AdachiAHAHAHAHAHAHA.gif

Speaking as someone that has bought FF13/13-2 TWICE (PS3, PC) expecting a "definitive port" for PC: don't hold your breath. If FF13-3 never comes to PC, we're better off at the rate Square-Enidos is going in fixing the last two outings.

"OH BUT PATCHES D--"

I also bought 13 and 13-2 twice, I still would buy 13-3. SE has to learn how to port and for that they need to port games, no?

edited: gog is doing The Witcher Franchise sale, to celebrate W3 launch or something.

I leave you guys for one evening and I return to find you talking about dolls.

2786934547_40e3b7e99b_z.jpg

Deques

For BOXESWITHGUNS keys on Bemine Give Back:

some people claimed they had a Desura key under Steam key section. Well, I have a Desura key too, but it's labeled as Desura. Maybe developer doesn't want provide Steam key anymore?

Someone tried to redeem this on Desura to see if it drops a Steam key?

I got a Steam key in the Desura box for some reason
fd0PqIv.png

Note, just don't waste your time trying to redeem the key. I already redeemed it

some people claimed they had a Desura key under Steam key section. Well, I have a Desura key too, but it's labeled as Desura. Maybe developer doesn't want provide Steam key anymore?

I'm sure I had a steam key at one point, I redeemed it 10 days ago on steam and everything was fine. Now all I can see is an unredeemed Desura key but it is in the standard steam format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX and doesn't work in Desura.

Try the key labeled as Desura in steam?

Grief.exe

AdachiAHAHAHAHAHAHA.gif

"OH BUT PATCHES D--"

Last time we were discussing the FFXIII trilogy, it was mentioned that there was an executable patch for XIII-2 that fixes the frame times.

Not sure if that applies to XIII as well. I could not get around the eratic frame rate when I was playing XIII.

Steam thread was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

Arthea

I'm sure I had a steam key at one point, I redeemed it 10 days ago on steam and everything was fine. Now all I can see is an unredeemed Desura key but it is in the standard steam format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX and doesn't work in Desura.

Try the key labeled as Desura in steam?

Some people got steam keys, groupees said some time earlier that they got not enough steam keys (at which point I wanted to know how they picked those who got keys), while now they are talking with devs about getting more.
This morning I had desura key in a steam key's place, now it is removed and we are back to square 1.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
a50hNAe.jpg

THE X-FILES
Thirteen years after the original series run, the next mind-bending chapter of THE X-FILES will be a thrilling, six-episode event series helmed by creator/executive producer Chris Carter, with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson re-inhabiting their roles as iconic FBI Agents FOX MULDER and DANA SCULLY. This marks the momentous return of the Emmy- and Golden Globe Award-winning pop culture phenomenon, which remains one of the longest-running sci-fi series in network television history. Production on THE X-FILES event series is set to begin in summer 2015. THE X-FILES originally premiered in September 1993. Over the course of its nine-season run, the influential series went from breakout sci-fi favorite to massive global hit, and became one of the most successful television dramas of all time. The show, which earned 16 Emmy Awards, five Golden Globes and a Peabody Award, follows FBI special agents Scully (Anderson) and Mulder (Duchovny), as they investigate unexplained cases – “X-Files” – for which the only answers involve paranormal phenomena.

PRODUCTION COMPANIES: 20th Century Fox Television, Ten Thirteen Productions
CREATOR: Chris Carter
EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Chris Carter, Glen Morgan
CAST: David Duchovny as FBI Special Agent Fox Mulder, Gillian Anderson as FBI Special Agent Dana Scully, Mitch Pileggi as Walter Skinner

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if I'm doing these bending sections wrong in force unleashed, I just couldn't get him to bend shit unless I stand specifically at certain spots.

that star destroyer section is lame.

and clearing the first room in the death star level sure took forever
The Star Destroyer part is awful, I had to check a guide in order to beat it. Terrible game design there.

I'm surrounded by assholes!

mvtn

If you are looking for recommendations:
Steam Marines is really cool. It combines classic X-Com combat with dungeon(spaceship) crawling. There is no progression between runs.

Crypt of the Necrodancer is a neat roguelite and rhythmgame hybrid. Just watch the trailer on the steampage and you will understand.

Steam Marines seems to have rather negative reviews - can you tell why?

I've played some Crypt of the NecroDancer back in the early access and it seems the game the has change a lot since then. Also, developers of that game rocks!

Jawmuncher

I take it no one has played this? Only have 4 people who own it on my friends list all with no play time. Playing it right now and it's pretty interesting so far. Though I have a strange feeling that the game might have spoiled itself.

Had to back out from that Sky Dragon in PoE, so freaking hard!

Remember going up and trying to talk my way out of it. So glad that the game auto saves when you enter a new area.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I take it no one has played this? Only have 4 people who own it on my friends list all with no play time. Playing it right now and it's pretty interesting so far. Though I have a strange feeling that the game might have spoiled itself.

Well it's been off Steam elsewhere for a few months and Steam isn't' really the driving force of VNs like the fan translating community is.

Messiah

Steam Marines seems to have rather negative reviews - can you tell why?

I've played some Crypt of the NecroDancer back in the early access and it seems the game the has change a lot since then. Also, developers of that game rocks!

Oh yeah, it's not that much content and the runs are lacking in variety after you've completed some playthroughs.

I didn't realize they bumped the price up to 15€ and I wouldn't recommend it for that. I picked it up while it was in alpha and it cost like 5€ and it's definitely worth that amount of money if you like classic x-com combat.

Jawmuncher

Well it's been off Steam elsewhere for a few months and Steam isn't' really the driving force of VNs like the fan translating community is.
True, but I prefer steamGaf opinions. I could ask in the VN thread but eh. I always feel out of place there.
I've tried 7 times, best record was getting her downed to 2 dots of endurance.
Never even got that far. Actually tried to run away still and got destroyed pretty quickly.

The_Monk

Hey my good people, hope you can all have a great week!

Just finished Virtua Tennis 4

Considering it's a game from 2011, Virtua Tennis 4 looks really good (for me) at 1080p to be honest. There are exhibition and arcade modes with single or double teams as well some funny modes to pass the time if that's your liking.

I played mostly in the World Tour which, in case you are a fan of board games like Monopoly you will like how this game progress. You will need to compete in different locations, different tournaments in order for you to become better, more noticed giving you a change to play at the bigger events. While going on Tour across the world you will have more side activities. Some of them will help you in order to give you more fame such Charity events, doing some events for the press or meeting the fans. Others will improve your stats in order to become a better tennis player.

You will need to plan you moves well and make a good management of your time, otherwise you may arrived late at tournaments or even miss them entirely. Taking care of yourself is also something you need to pay attention. Going from practice events to bigger ones your physical condition will drop and if it reaches a level that is too low you may suffer from injuries making you more slow and sloppy while you play. This can be decisive in victory. You may also require more time to heal from your conditions if you reached a high level of exhaustion after each session. That's why you should rest at Hotels or go for some relaxing massage.

As you advance you will earn more ways to customize your own character with several pieces of clothing and accessories. I had fun playing the World Tour from start to finish but I know I could have done so much better if I planned my moves better. Either way, it's one more completed game and one less from the Backlog, and it feels good. :)

chronomac

Just finished Virtua Tennis 4

Considering it's a game from 2011, Virtua Tennis 4 looks really good (for me) at 1080p to be honest. There are exhibition and arcade modes with single or double teams as well some funny modes to pass the time if that's your liking.

I finished the career mode almost a month ago. I plowed through it and got all the way to the final match of the last big tournament...and sprained my ankle. My health meter (or whatever it's called) ran out right before facing my rival so I was at half speed. I still managed to make it a good match but I couldn't keep up at a certain point. That was pretty frustrating.

Speaking of tennis (kinda, sorta): you know what game needs a PC/Steam release?

Rockstar_Table_Tennis_Game_Cover.jpg

mvtn

Oh yeah, it's not that much content and the runs are lacking in variety after you've completed some playthroughs.

I didn't realize they bumped the price up to 15€ and I wouldn't recommend it for that. I picked it up while it was in alpha and it cost like 5€ and it's definitely worth that amount of money if you like classic x-com combat.

That's a shame. This method is however used by many developers that have games in alpha-access.

Lain

I got a desura key but no steam key after redeeming it on desura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom