• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

What is this? Battlefront 2015? The Force Unleashed 1/2? Some weird Unreal Engine mod? A mock-up?

So many questions...

force unleashed!

The DLC missions are a ton of fun.

hmm didn't know there are extra missions, I'll definitely play through them once I'm done, the game is really decent imo, it really lacks polishing.

I tried to warn you, The Force Unleashed is pretty buggy and seriously unfun at certain parts because it's kind of broken. It's been so long since I last played TFU, is this before or after the infamous QTE?

Not sure which QTEs, I already went through the star destroyer button prompts but they weren't that quick. To be honest I think the game is decent but they should work on it a bit more.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
We failed the Cladun X2 test.

I could've easily told them no one wanted Cladun and they should've ported Disgaea instead.

Hey companies, you need a consultant on smart business moves? *phone handsign* Call me.

force unleashed!

Thank you.

I remember being excited for that once upon a time. All the goofy tech didn't do enough to sway me though. Now, having played the Jedi Knight series, I can only lament the Force Unleash's existence when we could've had another Jedi Knight game instead.

Jawmuncher

force unleashed!

hmm didn't know there are extra missions, I'll definitely play through them once I'm done, the game is really decent imo, it really lacks polishing.

Not sure which QTEs, I already went through the star destroyer button prompts but they weren't that quick. To be honest I think the game is decent but they should work on it a bit more.

There's a reason this guy is in the banner.
You get it for beating the game and wear it in the DLC missions. Also just realized how lazy this banner is.
header.jpg

The Cladun games were Nippon Ichi Software's test for the PC/Steam market? What?

fNot sure which QTEs, I already went through the star destroyer button prompts but they weren't that quick. To be honest I think the game is decent but they should work on it a bit more.

It was the Star Destroyer QTE where you pull it down from the sky while being harassed by waves of Tie Fighters. If you did the prompts shown on the screen you wouldn't complete the QTE.

The studio that made this game got shut down immediately after and it's fairly obvious it was pushed out the door too soon. Yeah, if it had more polish and love it would have been an amazing game, you can see the framework, the potential. But it's buggy as fuck.

Why wouldn't they start with a port of Disgaea? Why? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Edit: Even La Pucelle would've been a better starting point. Or Zeta Hero Project. Phantom Brave. Just something other than Cladun.

garath

Why wouldn't they start with a port of Disgaea? Why? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Edit: Even La Pucelle would've been a better starting point. Or Zeta Hero Project. Phantom Brave. Just something other than Cladun.

I would have bought Disgaea hands down. I don't even know what Cladun is.

TheSeks

So, should we get Grief to sick the hounds on NIS's twitter to get a Disgaea port going?

Teggy

So I go have a dig around a few YouTube clips and no fucking way they sound so similar. Well UK Luke voiced by Maria Darling who incidentally did some voice work for The Witcher 2.

I never understood why US and UK Professor Layton had different VA when the characters had British accents in both versions.

Eila

Thanks for the link. Looks interesting. $20 is way overpriced though. I'll wishlist it.

It hasn't been in sale in over 2 years. I guess the only way for it to go on sale is if we bother NISA about it on twitter. That worked before with Cape Fulgur.

cyba89

How necessary is it for the Borderlands games to be played in order? I've been curious about the series, but don't know if it works just as well to jump in on 2.

I think it's actually best to just start with 2. The first didn't really age well and the story is not important.

TheSeks

How necessary is it for the Borderlands games to be played in order? I've been curious about the series, but don't know if it works just as well to jump in on 2.

0. But Borderlands is boring. Don't bother with them and go play Diablo 2. Muuuuch better use of your lootwhoring time.

Well, first I recommend forming a pact with some people to play Borderlands [preferably 2] together. It is honestly a boring game in my opinion, less so with people. Oh, and you don't need to play the games in order.

Kane and Lynch collection is $5. I've never play any of it before. What should I expect? If I do get it.

I liked both games, the first one a lot more than Dog Days.

K&L 1 has a similar squad control mechanic to the one featured in Freedom Fighters, and tries to be a bit "cinematic" with its story and characters, with mixed results. I liked what they did with the story, but there are some parts which were really frustrating for me when I played it. Keep in mind that it has GFWL (though the multiplayer component is dead, and coop is split screen, so it should't bother you too much)

K&L 2 eschewed the squad mechanics in favor of a more standard third person cover shooter, changed the protagonist (K&L 1: Kane, K&L2: Lynch) and added a graphics filter that makes everything seem part of a youtube video. Sadly, the story in the second one is a lot more mundane than the first.

Also, the collection costs more than the two separate games (probably due to the fact that the collection also includes multiplayer DLC for K&L2, but the mp is dead, so...)

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/kaneandlynch_deadmen_storefront
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/kaneandlynch2_dogdays_storefront

Vlad

0. But Borderlands is boring. Don't bother with them and go play Diablo 2. Muuuuch better use of your lootwhoring time.

Well, first I recommend forming a pact with some people to play Borderlands [preferably 2] together. It is honestly a boring game in my opinion, less so with people. Oh, and you don't need to play the games in order.

Umm, yikes. Why would you say it's boring, exactly? For some reason, I always thought it was a shooter with diablo elements (collectable guns, etc). I hadn't followed it too closely, and I remember it getting a fair amount of hype, especially since everybody was all excited when the sequel came out.

MUnited83

For you.

K&L 1 has a similar squad control mechanic to the one featured in Freedom Fighters, and tries to be a bit "cinematic" with its story and characters, with mixed results. I liked what they did with the story, but there are some parts which were really frustrating for me when I played it. Keep in mind that it has GFWL (though the multiplayer component is dead, and coop is split screen, so it should't bother you too much)

K&L 2 eschewed the squad mechanics in favor of a more standard third person cover shooter, changed the protagonist (K&L 1: Kane, K&L2: Lynch) and added a graphics filter that makes everything seem part of a youtube video. Sadly, the story in the second one is a lot more mundane than the first.

Also, the collection costs more than the two separate games (probably due to the fact that the collection also includes multiplayer DLC for K&L2, but the mp is dead, so...)

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/kaneandlynch_deadmen_storefront
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/kaneandlynch2_dogdays_storefront
K&L 2 MP is quite good and I think there's a steam group that regularly organizes matches in weekends.

Shadownet

Banned

Thanks man for the impression. You would think the 2nd one would be an improvement over the 1st? I'll think about purchasing this. Thanks again.

I tried to warn you, The Force Unleashed is pretty buggy and seriously unfun at certain parts because it's kind of broken. It's been so long since I last played TFU, is this before or after the infamous QTE?

But you can bring down a star destroyed using just the force which is kinda really rad

Umm, yikes. Why would you say it's boring, exactly? For some reason, I always thought it was a shooter with diablo elements (collectable guns, etc). I hadn't followed it too closely, and I remember it getting a fair amount of hype, especially since everybody was all excited when the sequel came out.

And this, my friends, is why asking random people on the internet if something is "worth it" is absolutely fucking stupid.

Only YOU can judge if something is worth it. Only YOU know what you like and don't like. You could love Borderlands or you could hate it, you'll never know unless you decide to take the leap and play it. How much money and time are you willing to risk on the game? Again, only you can decide.

Do some research because the opinions you get from asking random strangers on the internet is pretty much the same as the ones that have already been posted here and there all over the internet already. Watch some gameplay videos. Try a demo. Stop being stupid. :D

Grief.exe

SteamGAF hates Borderlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom