• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Game that amounts to a bullet-hell rogue like with emphasis on dodging, fast-paced action, and tons of enemies and bullets on screen?

I would argue that a high frame rate should be fundamental to the design.

im talking from experience tho. I played the game a lot

i'd be as cautious about it as you if I hadnt

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
... and in other news:

lEHiRz1.jpg

which means:

Im determined to finally beat KOTOR this summer after dropping the ball for one reason or another since it came out. The closest I came was a couple years ago when I needed to find one more star map but the disk was so damn scratched it wouldnt read. Wish me luck on the grinding steamgaf friends. At this point, 66% of the game is etched into my memory

Momentary

Banned
Game that amounts to a bullet-hell rogue like with emphasis on dodging, fast-paced action, and tons of enemies and bullets on screen?

I would argue that a high frame rate should be fundamental to the design.

Yeah it got on my nerves when I was first playing it, but after about 20 hours of enjoying the game I made peace with myself.

Grief.exe

im talking from experience tho. I played the game a lot

i'd be as cautious about it as you if I hadnt

It's one of those things where the design is made objectively worse by the exclusion of high-framerates. Nuclear Throne, Hyper Light Drifter,
Bloodborne
, etc would be better games at higher frame rates.

Im determined to finally beat KOTOR this summer after dropping the ball for one reason or another since it came out. The closest I came was a couple years ago when I needed to find one more star map but the disk was so damn scratched it wouldnt read. Wish me luck on the grinding steamgaf friends. At this point, 66% of the game is etched into my memory

Check out the mods, there are some solid graphical updates to the textures, lightsabres, and UI.

Yeah it got on my nerves when I was first playing it, but after about 20 hours of enjoying the game I made peace with myself.

I'm slowly getting used to it, but it feels like Stockholm syndrome.

Tizoc

It was inevitable...

From the Bloodstained thread obvs.

Bad use of grammar and/or pronoun. Back in the day Konami was one of the best game developers, and were the company that even let Iga create or ingrain the genre into the gaming medium.
That line is dumb and and is a disgrace for the good old Konami that gave as some of the best franchises in gaming.

Momentary

Banned
It's one of those things where the design is made objectively worse by the exclusion of high-framerates. Nuclear Throne, Hyper Light Drifter,
Bloodborne
, etc would be better games at higher frame rates.

Check out the mods, there are some solid graphical updates to the textures, lightsabres, and UI.

I'm slowly getting used to it, but it feels like Stockholm syndrome.

It still bothers me... not as much as it bothers me with Hyper Light Drifter and its platforming and the need for tight controls for dashing around enemies. I can't get started on that game.

Majukun

gog galaxy is garbage...tried to pre-load witcher 3..got to aroun 70%,then got a connection problem and my only possible choice was to uninstall what i already downloaded and start over..and now every 10 minutes it gives me connection problem AGAIN.
also..how much GB i should have when downloading from gog galaxy?dows it work like on steam where it doesn't take extra space with the installer,or i have to reserve space for both the installer and then the game?
i have 46 gb free on my ssd

Lomax

That's some Kotaku/Polygon level click bait, what happened to RockPaperShotgun?

It's a good and interesting article that is well written. Throwing around the word "clickbait" implies that the article either isn't at all about what the title is, or has no merit, neither of which is true, regardless of whether or not you agree with the premise.

Dr Dogg

Ah crap Harmony of Despair is on offer on PSN. Why on earth Konami never looked towards PC sooner I'll never know and now they seemly can't be fucked with anything that doesn't fire metal balls round a small table.

Just want to say that Windows 10 is awesome. I can't go back to 8.1.

For me it wasn't until I went back that I started to miss the refinements. In some games like Watch Dogs and Dragon Age Inquisition it's even slightly better performance wise than 8.1.

Dr Dogg

Any of you folks watching the Bloodstained stream. Did I just hear that the peeps at Chair want Shadow Complex on other platforms?

It's a stupid joke in any way it's used. That's the point

You talk like this thread, GAF, and the Internet aren't filled with stupid jokes beyond count.

Any of you folks watching the Bloodstained stream. Did I just hear that the peeps at Chair want Shadow Complex on other platforms?

People still care about Shadow Complex? That game, for some reason I cannot understand, seems to be remembered as some sort of masterpiece. While it was a solid game overall, it was also not anywhere near the level of greatness the internet has seeming foist upon it.

Dr Dogg

And all this time I was thinking it already had a PC version

Well it was (technically still is) listed on a Unreal Engine promotional site as coming to PC but never materialised.

People still care about Shadow Complex? That game, for some reason I cannot understand, seems to be remembered as some sort of masterpiece. While it was a solid game overall, it was also not anywhere near the level of greatness the internet has seeming foist upon it.

Oh by today's standards controls are a little rough, aesthetics are a tad bland and the plot is eh but it's one of the few metroidvania's where speedruns and sequence breaking is designed into the game instead of glitching it. I must have beat it 10+ times.

didamangi

Wow that was fast. Although I would have preferred the first Grandia, a good version of Grandia II isn't bad either

Probably because there was already a PC version. It's a re-release, right? If they added custom/widescreen resolution out of the box, I'll bite.

And hopefully a good sale on this will convince them to port the other games as well.

edit: Oh, it's a remastered. Nice.

Jawmuncher

In addition to an HD visual upgrade, Grandia II on Steam will have both mouse and keyboard and gamepad support as well as Steam achievements and Trading Cards.
giphy1kboh.gif

Will probably buy. Was always a game I was itching to play back in day. When I would browse gaming magazine's and see the DC exclusives.

Why Grandia 2 and not the first :

Honestly I think they're playing it smart. Grandia 2 is the one everyone talks about so it would make sense to bring it first.
That way if it does well enough they can look at doing the PSX or other versions. Kind of like how Square started with FF7 rather than FF1 and then complaing about low sales or something.
A popular title right out the gate is the best way to really judge whats there.

Chariot

I was close to buying Grandia II once and I am close yet again. But first I have to know, what is the waifu value of this game? On a scale from John McCain to Hisa Takei.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom