• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eanan

I miss the days of an exciting countdown for a preload... now its over in a flash.

n1ISiJC.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
not a CV fan (last game I've played was the snes one), I'd play it tho, I missed the CV train during the psx era.

The ingame art looks nice.

WTF. Go play Symphony of the Night right now. It's nothing like Dracula X or the earlier titles. Then go play the DS titles. Then come back and throw money at this in my stead.

JustinBB7

Any for sure info on how big the final size will be for witcher 3? I only have about 50GB left on my SSD..

Says you need 35GB on the store page but that's usually not correct.

madjoki

Well you can still download removed games on Steam if you own/downloaded them before, I think, and also someone would have uploaded it somewhere in case of it being removed from Steams servers.

Free games can be and have been removed permanently.

Any for sure info on how big the final size will be for witcher 3? I only have about 50GB left on my SSD..

https://steamdb.info/app/292030/depots/

~28GB (21GB download). Which means 50GB could be just enough for preload + install.

Uzzy

Alpha Protocol for $3 is the biggest no brainer I can think of. I'm tempted to double dip just to have it in my steam library. It is so wonderfully flawed but good.

I bought it for full price. On 360. Totally worth every penny. $3 for it is straight up robbery.

Oh well, aren't we fancy =p

It's the Earl Grey tea doing it.

Shhh! I wouldn't go spreading that around that people do read in here.

Something I'm definitely going to keep an eye on and see how it does but it looks quite promising so far.

Too late, now everyone will know your secret, you dirty reader.

As for Tokyo Dark, I love me a good dark crime thriller, and hopefully this will deliver. What I've seen so far has me excited, as does the list of inspirations they're drawing from (yes, even Heavy Rain)

TheSeks

How do you do that? it looks great.

You use colored beads and put them in a "tray" sort of deal (if doing things like Mario and common-used sprites) then use an iron/heating tool to melt the beads together on one side (the reverse) so they look "sprite-like" on the other side.

I know this as the local college "LAN" event about three weeks ago did them.

Grief.exe

Likely around 30 considering the pre-load is ~22GB. Keep in mind you are better off unpacking the pre-load on a mechanical drive as it takes up twice the space.

F Kotaku they are disgusting. They are ready to ruin Assassins Creed reveal for second time just for clicks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=163541422&posted=1#post163541422

I think you are blowing this out of proportion. Kotaku's job is to report on the news, if they have a source, then they will report the information.

Alternatively, it's Assassin's Creed. Ubisoft has debuted a new one every year for the past decade. They are largely similar in design and tone. I don't really see the big deal here.

derExperte

Reveal is tomorrow and like every big project that is really special day for people who worked on it for years. Kotaku already ruined surprise in December with first leak, now less then 24 hours they did it again just for clicks.

Are you seriously upset about a leaked reveal of a game everyone knows is coming?

Reveal is tomorrow and like every big project that is really special day for people who worked on it for years. Kotaku already ruined surprise in December with first leak, now less then 24 hours they did it again just for clicks.

How dare they not folllow a publishers pre-release anouncement and marketing schedule and do some actual journalism

i think its important to note that thats not actually what the game looks like. It can be another might number 9 case where they show this 2d art work that looks like the game but it ended up looking like a psp game(seriously man, im not exaggerating it really does remind me of a psp game). even tho they say its not the game they still throw the images out all willy nilly to get you hype and put your money down

dex3108

I think you are blowing this out of proportion. Kotaku's job is to report on the news, if they have a source, then they will report the information.

Alternatively, it's Assassin's Creed. Ubisoft has debuted a new one every year for the past decade. They are largely similar in design and tone. I don't really see the big deal here.

Are you seriously upset about a leaked reveal of a game everyone knows is coming?

How dare they not folllow a publishers pre-release anoouncement and marketing schedule and do some actual journalism

No i don't think that i am overreacting. As i said before i respect Kotaku and Jason when they are doing amazing inside articles about canceled games, layoffs etc. But less then 24 hours before official reveal in my opinion it is not ok to steal spotlights from devs. i don't care about Ubisoft PR i care about people who needed to keep their mouth shut for years and work on game waiting that special day when they will be able to share it with gamers.

I mean, if I'm running a gaming news site and someone leaks stuff to me, let it be regarding an announcement scheduled for the next day, I'm going to report it. I'm not goint to sit on it, just because I might hurt some feelings. This is how journalism works. Weird thing to get upset about.

SSPssp

i think its important to note that thats not actually what the game looks like. It can be another might number 9 case where they show this 2d art work that looks like the game but it ended up looking like a psp game(seriously man, im not exaggerating it really does remind me of a psp game). even tho they say its not the game they still throw the images out all willy nilly to get you hype and put your money down

Wait, do you know for sure that it doesn't look like that, or do you just think its probably not going to look that good?

Edit: I'm an idiot, didn't see the "concept art". Man, I hope it turns out well.

[CONCEPT ART] is all the cover they'll need in the future.

Now, what the heck is that wheel-dog-lion...

No i don't think that i am overreacting. As i said before i respect Kotaku and Jason when they are doing amazing inside articles about canceled games, layoffs etc. But less then 24 hours before official reveal in my opinion it is not ok to steal spotlights from devs. i don't care about Ubisoft PR i care about people who needed to keep their mouth shut for years and work on game waiting that special day when they will be able to share it with gamers.
Reveals are entirely for the benefit of PR, you know. That's why companies spend millions developing fake trailers and vertical slices to show off & hype the game to people. It's not about the gamers, it's about the money.

Jawmuncher

Sorry man I don't agree. Hell the reveal probably wouldn't have even indicated the playable split. Just that there were a brother & sister in the game. This is a relatively small leak compared to the prior one where we learned the setting, code name, and even had some gameplay and screenshots. Leaks are just the nature of the beast and to be expected. News is news at the end of the day.

tmarg

Kotaku's job is to report news, not to help Ubisoft promote their game.

It's rather depressing that people actually need to be reminded of that these days.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Scooping a game announcement is the closet thing to actual journalism most of these websites do.

Plus, it's an effing videogame.

derExperte

No dev is sharing anything with anyone, they're sitting in a dank dungeon slaving away to keep that release schedule while some Ubi-execs are rubbing one out watching the YT views of the teaser rising.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
even worse, it's Assassins Creed

One day we'll learn the truth that Assassin's Creed was just man's attempt to create infinity.

We'll look back at these days and wonder how we ever managed to get by using these worthless meat sacks, having jettisoned humanity and transcended into pure energy, traversing the unimaginable vastness of the universe without fear or doubt.

Wait, do you know for sure that it doesn't look like that, or do you just think its probably not going to look that good?

Edit: I'm an idiot, didn't see the "concept art". Man, I hope it turns out well.
exactly my point
[CONCEPT ART] is all the cover they'll need in the future.

like i said, i know it says concept art but i take issue when a studio advertises a game one way but than when it launches it looks like something completely different. Personally I'd rather they just show concept art for the characters and enemies as that leads to less confusion and it'll lead to less negativity about said game when you finally do reveal actual gameplay

@the Assassin's Creed leak(which i honest to god thought would be leaked somehow today): OOOOOH personally i don't give a single shit that one of the main characters is a woman now, never have and never will care about the sex of a made up character thats just a bunch of polygons and shit, BUT I'm really intrigued by the brother-sister dynamic that it might have. I wonder how they'll get along, maybe they might have a falling out cause one is more violent than the other or one is starting to side with the templars, what will they do then? also what brought not one of them, but both to choose this life? I hope the game tests their bond. I always like a story where test the relationship of characters, especially when its family because family tends to stick much closer together. Color me intrigued, and at the very least thats something that the past 2 games have not done at all. So, so far you're on the right track ubi.

I can't wait for the era creep up to World War 2 in Assassin's Creed and it becomes like a Tenchu Stealth Assassin mashed up with Wolfenstein and Assassin's Creed. Slicin' and dicin' Templar Nazi's. Gon b gud.

what the fuck now vader is just stuck and wouldn't attack me and i can't even damage the dude

balelosesit_a_gifsoup9wujx.gif

I tried to warn you, The Force Unleashed is pretty buggy and seriously unfun at certain parts because it's kind of broken. It's been so long since I last played TFU, is this before or after the infamous QTE?

dex3108

Just to be clear i am not pissed because Assassins Creed is in question. I would be pissed if it was any other game. Also i don;t have anything against leaks that warn people about things that publishers/devs are hiding. If Kotaku leaked last year before ACU release that game is buggy mess i would be ok with that.

Not to mention that because somebody couldn't respect NDA there will be investigation probably and whole team could fell consequences. And my question is "For what?'.

TheSeks

the world needs more prinny bead sprites.

It's been done, I think.

Speaking of Prinny: Why the fuck hasn't NIS embraced Steam and gotten in on the JRPG goldrush. I want Disgaea D2 on Steam, damn it. ;_;

Dr Dogg

Kotaku was a mistake...

Nah I'm not going there.

Too late, now everyone will know your secret, you dirty reader.

As for Tokyo Dark, I love me a good dark crime thriller, and hopefully this will deliver. What I've seen so far has me excited, as does the list of inspirations they're drawing from (yes, even Heavy Rain)

Nothing wrong with Heavy Rain. No wait there's loads wrong with Heavy Rain but but it certainly had atmosphere that fitted with the story and the setup of how the interactions would effect each of the different stories was nice to see in game form.

One thing I'm interested to see how the script/translation is panning out but obvs that's still aways off complete.

Speaking of Prinny: Why the fuck hasn't NIS embraced Steam and gotten in on the JRPG goldrush. I want Disgaea D2 on Steam, damn it. ;_;

We failed the Cladun X2 test.

I can't understand the idea of deploying the Nader in its current state to Dirty Bomb.

"Remember how universally bitched about the Demoman was in vanilla TF2?" "Yeah, and the subsequent nerfs." "Yep. Instead of the nerfs, though, let's give them a totally capable automatic firearm as an addition to the instagib nades in a game built upon bottlenecks in maps." "Ooo, sweet. Can we give her Martyrdom from COD, too?" "Sure, but we'll make it able to be activated, instead of timed."

Why the fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom