• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

I'm trying to fix the steam Air theme I installed yesterday thanks to this thread. I read about fixing grid view so that there are no spaces between games but can't find the steam config file with this in it? I know which one to change for the theme but where is the steam one I can copy paste from?

Arthea

cards and cheevos! That's how you release an old game, I'll be so buying it.
I just had this thought that if Grandia will sell, they probably will release more Grandia and Lunar.

Wow that was fast. Although I would have preferred the first Grandia, a good version of Grandia II isn't bad either

ya, I asked for first too, but look at the bright side, it's not third, even if most of steamgaf voted for it because they don't know better

Dr Dogg

Hopefully in a couple of years most of what I want to have an archive copy of will be on PC and I can through this stupid, hoarded collection of crap out that takes up a couple of cupboards and the bottom of a wardrobe,

selling cards will get me a little over $5 when they all sell...Bulletstorm goes on sale for $4.99...it's a sign

I've been wanting to buy it (didn't catch it during the Winter Sale) so I'll pick this up once the cards sell

It's a good and interesting article that is well written. Throwing around the word "clickbait" implies that the article either isn't at all about what the title is, or has no merit, neither of which is true, regardless of whether or not you agree with the premise.

To say that its core premise is grasping at straws would be kind. Arguing that Half-Life was the flapping butterfly wings that caused a hurricane damned near a decade later is honestly kind of asinine. As if first person shooters alone operate under the triple A gaming business model.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
we're not even phased when a jrpg comes to Steam now

Confused-GIF[1].gif

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
In addition to an HD visual upgrade, Grandia II on Steam will have both mouse and keyboard and gamepad support as well as Steam achievements and Trading Cards.

Now that's how you do it!

i remember my brother had Lunar 2 for the psone a while back. it was in a fancy case. never played it though. big mistake?

I was jealous of some friends of mine who had Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete's fancy collector's edition that came with the medallion way back in the day. Didn't play much of it, though! I still have my copy of Lunar Legend sitting around though.

iosefe

I was jealous of some friends of mine who had Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete's fancy collector's edition that came with the medallion way back in the day. Didn't play much of it, though! I still have my copy of Lunar Legend sitting around though.

well shit, he had a collectors item? it got lost with the ages. i blame his girlfriend.

or he most likely sold it off at some point

ya, I asked for first too, but look at the bright side, it's not third, even if most of steamgaf voted for it because they don't know better

yeah after thinking about it a bit it's actually the better choice. I have Grandia on PSN, but there is pretty much no way to easily get a good version of Grandia II anywhere. They seem to really have listened to the survey so I expect a great port as well. I'll take it and wait for the Grandia HD remaster which will surely follow.

Jawmuncher

Confused-GIF[1].gif

We don't want to overplay it in the hopes that this will become the norm.\\

I remember Silver Star Story having a creepy punching bag thing.

Terra_Ex

Very pleased with the Grandia 2 news, hopefully the whole series will make the trip in time.

i remember my brother had Lunar 2 for the psone a while back. it was in a fancy case. never played it though. big mistake?

!
Very big mistake. It's an awesome game, has a few moments that'll hit you in the feels, even more so if you played Lunar 1.

ExoSoul

Banned
Started trading/broking(?) in TERA
with a little help from BayoNitto
, you know when you get the feeling that you're on your way to build your empire?

Yeah, that's how I feel.
I'm doing scrubb trades in the single Gs

the trilogy feels wrong

Couldn't agree more with you

Miguel81

Sadly, I sold that one back in '00 or '01. It was a nice emotional ride, but I could never beat the second form of the final boss iirc.

M.D

holy crap, rogue legacy is kicking my ass
not what i expected at all, but i like the challenge! its honestly way harder than demon's/dark souls lol

shout out to Shadowne for the game, what a bro!

Nakazato

Dear steam GAF help

Thinking about buy the ffxiv expansion.

But I have the base of the game not bought on steam.

If I buy from steam will I be able to use it ?

Hooray for Grandia 2 coming to Steam. I never played the game before so this will be a treat for me. Glad it's going to be based on the superior DC version.

I enjoyed Grandia 2 on the DC, it's far from mindblowing but it's an entertaining rpg.
I need to pick up the first game to play on my Vita.
I can't believe it's been 15 years...

f2p
Persona game coming to PC #believe

One rank of social link for only 99 cents! BEST VALUE: get maxed social link for 7.99!

One skill rank for 99 cents! Or max all your skills for 9.99!

Fuck it, just get Izanagi no Okami right now for 99.99!

Unlock extended scene where you're too late and Shadow Rise shows it all for...well, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

anyone know if the witcher 3 steam will activate on gog like witcher 2 does? since witcher 3 season pass bought outside of steam won't work with the steam version I'm curious if i'll have to buy the season pass on steam

Confused-GIF[1].gif

it ain't not Persona or Disgaea so who cares! :p

Miguel81

Yeah, but I dont think its such a big news. If its just a remaster, it will still look ugly (compared to Grandia 1 or 3). I would be more excited if they would have ported 1 or 3. A remaster of those would be great to see.

Yeah, Grandia 1 is still rather pleasing to the eyes(not familiar with 3). A PC version with a more consistent frame rate than the PS1 would be great.

Momentary

Banned
anyone know if the witcher 3 steam will activate on gog like witcher 2 does? since witcher 3 season pass bought outside of steam won't work with the steam version I'm curious if i'll have to buy the season pass on steam

it ain't not Persona or Disgaea so who cares! :p

This... When I see these on Steam, I will crack open a KBS in celebration.

Remember seeing that game many times in various "Best of" lists.
Never played it but given its age I am curious how it would hold up to folks like me who never played it in its prime?

Also, my headaches are slowly getting me. Better go sleep before it gets impossible -_-'

I've beaten the game like 3 times in the past. Once on the Gamecube, twice on PC.
The gameplay is where the game shines, so engaging and fun, with lots of thinking and precise timing. Story is kinda cliche and predictable, but it has some nice twists. The game is quite linear and doesn't force us to grind.

Yeah, Grandia 1 is still rather pleasing to the eyes(not familiar with 3). A PC version with a more consistent frame rate than the PS1 would be great.

Grandia 1 would be a nice addition as I've never actually finish it. The game was kinda shaded with other amazing PS1 RPGs at its time, and I didn't really like the casts, too childish. I'll give another try if it's coming to Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom