• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

I still haven't made my YouTube account link to Google+, so I can't comment, etc.

So if I do link it to Google+, then will anything mess up and my YT subscriptions disappear or any other problem?

Maniac

Banned
Counter-point to all of the negativity about Borderlands. I think Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel are fun as hell to play alone and moreso with friends. Borderlands 2 is my 4th most played game on Steam at 330 hours. It's my most played coop game this side of Diablo 3.

Because 2.1 million copies doesn't likely even recuperate their investment in development, nevermind marketing. Even if all 2.1 million of those copies were sold for 60$, which they weren't.

You're a weirdo for playing so much Borderlands. Besides, Diablo 3 was gutter trash up until the expansion.

I digress, it really doesn't help that Isolation was in development for a loooooong time... But with the groundwork set-up, I imagine a sequel would take a lot less time, and thusly be a more easily recouped investment, and ontop of that it'd need less marketing, being a sequel and all.
Oh the list is very long and full with persons that have proven to possess impeccable taste. I'm on it too.

I concur. It's a long list of people with impeccable taste, and I'm on there too.
SteamGAF hates Borderlands.

Everyone in their right minds would.
Look at this attempt to marginalize an informed opinion.

Just look at it.

It's absolutely disgusting.

Grief.exe

$25 to get the game ... and beta access is at $55 ... yeah, no ... I'll wait ...

I don't place any value in a beta product as I generally wait to play games until they are completed. Obviously you place a higher value on that.

The game is also in a playable state now, unlike Iga's current Kickstarter which has nothing tangible at this point.

Nobody asked for it

Metal Gear Solid 1984 is indeed a clothing collection
http://www.godisageek.com/2015/05/metal-gear-solid-1984-clothing-collection-announced-by-konami/

metal_gear_solid_the_1984_collection_1.png

a0QZwpP.gif

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Battlepaths -- MB-76ED6521733CF540 - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.
Orborun -- MB-FCEFDB1BD1F1D619 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Quest Run -- MB-DC50C911BABC63DC - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Pid -- MB-8A3217CC01746149 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Rabbit Hole 3D -- MB-4DAE3494DADF0591 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Ocean City Racing -- MB-30B996E84838E98A - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
A Valley Without Wind -- MB-8A6872564FE95ECC - Taken by EdmondD. 2 entrants total.
Time Gentlemen Please! and Ben There Dan That -- MB-B910F131CA73B796 - Taken by Lobogris. 1 entrants total.
Clickr -- MB-0CF3D936E57214E1 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.

t1431389678z1.png

Maniac

Banned
Halo isn't even mentioned, that's crazy considering how influential it was in that same time period.

It sure as hell wasn't the least bit influential on PC around that time. And around the very time of HL2, Halo started it's steep decline to the gutter-tier trash it has become.
some would argue they were always terrible

Some people argue that Obama is Illuminati, Bilderberg etcetera. Some people are pro-nazism. Some people are pro-Islamic State, and have willingly joined. And some people, I kid you not, like marmite.

What I'm saying is that there's a great deal of people in this world with awful opinions. Anyone with the opinion you just mentioned would fit into this category of "people with awful opinions"

Salsa

Pid is a really great game btw

don't let it sit on the $0.01 "some indie shit I got on a bundle" library

made by Bionic Commando Rearmed dudes. Really challenging too.

Nabs

I've been riding for Pid for a while now. 74 people own it on my list, and only one other has beaten it. Crazy.

I remember really liking the first 6 or so hours until the last level or two. The game is very much worth playing.

wilflare

There's still a few gifts out there from the last New Year's free gift thing if you want to try the trade route. That's how I got my copy for half price.

Having said that, the game is worth the full price. 111 hours played as of this day.

guess I should go look at the trade market (is there a GAF thread for this?) and see if I can get a copy for cheap or find a coupon.

---
I tried Air out on my MBP... the fonts do not work even after I installed them... same for Metro for Steam... ugh.

---
caught up all the last... 10 pages

Sarcasm

Installed Air Dark theme. I got dark theme working, but how do you get rid of the secondary color? I changed it to lilac. Is it just making all those colors // ?

Also how do I reduce spacing?

Omega

Banned
Installed Air Dark theme. I got dark theme working, but how do you get rid of the secondary color? I changed it to lilac. Is it just making all those colors // ?

People posted it earlier in the thread, around post 6324. I can't get it to stay with that spacing though, it always loads up with the games 1 mile apart from each other

Here's the config files I made that you can just use, they have the spacing small, and to get rid of the color use gunmetal.

Here you go, I put a readme in there to tell you were the files need to go :)

http://a.pomf.se/lihkzx.rar

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It sure as hell wasn't the least bit influential on PC around that time. And around the very time of HL2, Halo started it's steep decline to the gutter-tier trash it has become.

Some people argue that Obama is Illuminati, Bilderberg etcetera. Some people are pro-nazism. Some people are pro-Islamic State, and have willingly joined. And some people, I kid you not, like marmite.

What I'm saying is that there's a great deal of people in this world with awful opinions. Anyone with the opinion you just mentioned would fit into this category of "people with awful opinions"

RPS is trash

giphy.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
stuff
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Time Gentlemen Please! and Ben There Dan That! -- MB-762107743D89FD60 - Taken by Mikurden
A Valley Without Wind -- MB-28E020134969DCDD - Taken by fuzzy123
PID -- MB-59A3EC73EA63AFBC - Taken by iosefe

maty

Pid is good and has a great aesthetic but the character moves rather slowly and jumping doesn't feel like I'd like it in platformers. A run button would have been great. Otherwise the puzzles are solid. Some of the best parts are the puzzles confined within a room.

vfuorP4.png

The game is challenging on normal and frustrating on hard, with spikes and robots shooting rockets everywhere. So if anyone would like to play it I recommend the former.
It also has no level select screen so if you miss something you need to start from the beggining.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
more stuff
ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-C27AE4AB366B49ED - Taken by Tesseract
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif

Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- MB-21E71EBD5FFAB69C - Taken by derExperte

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Battlepaths -- MB-43BF41CA30F68AC7 - Taken by Arjac

Eila

We choose Grandia II because it's a staple... and there's a PC port already.
Hope it does well enough that they decide to keep bringing more titles.
According to Wikipedia there's a port of Lunar SSS on PC. If it's an ok port it would be a good choice for the next game. Just look at the amazing quality of the FMVs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48M1gPNPmK4
Hope they bring Ragnarok Odyssey Ace to PC. I don't know who thought bringing Dokuro over that was a good idea.

You're a weirdo for playing so much Borderlands. Besides, Diablo 3 was gutter trash up until the expansion.

Weirdo for having fun and playing a coop game with friends? Got a toon in every class but only 2 are 50, which was the original level cap. Did a lot of boss farming though. I remember the good ol' days of The Bee and Conference Call just fucking melting everything at 50. SO broken, so fun.

As for Diablo 3, Loot 2.0 came out before Reaper of Souls, that's when the game became money to play. Leveling a character from 1-60 became so satisfying and fun. RoS just added an awesome chapter and actual end-game. Before Loot 2.0 I only finished the game once with a Barb normal and played a bit of the higher difficulties. By the time RoS dropped I had 4 level 60's.

I think it's fun if you have people you know to play with, solo is frustrating sometimes, and strangers steal loot.

I couldn't imagine playing that game with strangers, non-instanced loot is so fucking dumb as are static chest placements. I can just imagine all of the douchebag things strangers would do.

Grief.exe

You guys need some Ori and the Blind Forest in your lives.

Came out the same day as Cities Skylines and Hotline Miami 2. I wanted to support it day one but just couldn't justify it. Hopefully have a bit more time during the Summer Sale.

We choose Grandia II because it's a staple... and there's a PC port already.
Hope it does well enough that they decide to keep bringing more titles.
According to Wikipedia there's a port of Lunar SSS on PC. If it's an ok port it would be a good choice for the next game. Just look at the amazing quality of the FMVs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48M1gPNPmK4
Hope they bring Ragnarok Odyssey Ace to PC. I don't know who thought bringing Dokuro over that was a good idea.

Dreamcast version will be the base apparently.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Doorways: Chapter 3 - The Underworld -- MB-2DC8D4A0502339B4 - Taken by Newblade

Parsnip

Very pleased at the Grandia news, and a new port from the DC version to boot.
God is real.

Morningbus and StallionFree = all of SteamGAF?

I liked Borderlands.
But hated Borderlands 2.

Immediately knew from the title that it's another John Walker piece, and so no need to read it.
John Walker was a mistake. He writes nothing but trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom