• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
no wonder devs stopped adding cheats to their games ... those things are goddamn expensive!!!
;)

T5hxSyl.jpg

You guys need some Ori and the Blind Forest in your lives.

It's way up there on my wishlist, but I need some sort of sale before I bite, no matter how good.

I was going to get that but I'll wait for the summer sale and get Axiom Verge in 3 days instead. :p

Same with Axiom Verge.

no wonder devs stopped adding cheats to their games ... those things are goddamn expensive!!!
;)

Oh look, what every fucking game since god knows when ever needed: co-op.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 28 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

The Last Tinker: City of Colors : -- MB-890C762D35BB24A8 - Taken by KenOD
t1cxE6r.gif
Of Orcs And Men -- MB-150942975063EDD0 - Taken by thereisnoif
The Journey Down, Chapter 1 -- MB-B93C4B98178224E9
boxes with guns -- MB-5AA20CB76CEAF121 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-405B8824D77EFA92 - Taken by xezuru
Frozen Synapse Prime -- MB-DA2422C42EC8667D - Taken by Mikaju
Seven Kingdoms 2 HD -- MB-558EEADBF5D58DC3 - Taken by Twentieth
Restaurant Empire II : -- MB-46381205E1446DF5 - Taken by Belgarion
Doorways Chapter 3: The Underworld : -- MB-8651344493845E42 - Taken by Natty1
Eidolon -- MB-36CE78DADAB8972F - Taken by Eila
Survivalist -- MB-3A6903C3007885B6 - Taken by drakaenae
robotex -- MB-121B7ACC58251D30 - Taken by Diedac
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-3E93EAAA7497A1D4 - Taken by ExoSoul
Gunslugs 2 -- MB-CE1CA00CA09A0A69 - Taken by GaussTek
the defenders: the second wave : -- MB-04300596DC8BBA8A - Taken by Loptous
velocibox -- MB-7B33590958A33466 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Stranded -- MB-543DDB14EBBC02AD - Taken by Kurt Russell
Tales from the Orient -- MB-A400DAA21AAD40B4 - Taken by topyy
Eleusis -- MB-4CFC0B49A42E0EEF - Taken by TheMadMan007
Drew and the floating labyrinth -- MB-4E913D061688EE43 - Taken by Kifimbo
Olli Olli -- MB-AB50F825A6985757 - Taken by ~Kinggi~
CastleStorm -- MB-41378769B4E58208 - Taken by pahamrick
david -- MB-7F6FC22ABE49179A - Taken by derExperte
About Love, Hate, and The Other Ones -- MB-717F0821704DB5AD - Taken by Darth Kupi
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-B3B7F03A79EBB022 - Taken by yuraya
Trauma -- MB-08410A4ECC1A41C6 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros. : -- MB-6794F39697E531C4
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey : -- MB-6D0F845FAF314D8D - Taken by someguyinahat

so im curious, how are new rules added to gaf? is it a voting thing like if enough people say "hey mods can this please become bannable" will they add it to the rules or is it a thing where a group of mods go something like "we don't like this so no one can post about it"? I'm honestly curious because I was thinking today that threads titled like "what is your ____ in gaming" and then someone just enters and posts a image with no context. like people complain about it all the time yet nothing is done about it. I'd make a thread about it but i don't want to be perm juniored or people start making their lame ass jokes as I'm genuinely curious. Haven't been on gaf long enough to see a new rule added except for the one about no one can talk about the game that shall not be named that starts with an H but I'm pretty sure thats just because of what the game is about.

chronomac

The last boss in Geometry Wars 3 is something else. The game definitely has its difficult moments but this makes everything else look easy in comparison.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so im curious, how are new rules added to gaf? is it a voting thing like if enough people say "hey mods can this please become bannable" will they add it to the rules or is it a thing where a group of mods go something like "we don't like this so no one can post about it"? I'm honestly curious because I was thinking today that threads titled like "what is your ____ in gaming" and then someone just enters and posts a image with no context. like people complain about it all the time yet nothing is done about it. I'd make a thread about it but i don't want to be perm juniored or people start making their lame ass jokes as I'm genuinely curious. Haven't been on gaf long enough to see a new rule added except for the one about no one can talk about the game that shall not be named that starts with an H but I'm pretty sure thats just because of what the game is about.

I heard Prinnies were bannable

Tera is pretty cool, I played a couple years ago and didn't really dig into it much, but it's a lot more fun now for some reason, double xp until June 2nd if anyone is interested in trying it out.

Shadownet

Banned
Tera is pretty cool, I played a couple years ago and didn't really dig into it much, but it's a lot more fun now for some reason, double xp until June 2nd if anyone is interested in trying it out.

I'm frickin spoiled man. Got a GTX 970, expect to run the game at 1080p and 60fps. Completely disappointed of how badly optimized it is.

I'm frickin spoiled man. Got a GTX 970, expect to run the game at 1080p and 60fps. Completely disappointed of how badly optimized it is.

I think it runs pretty good personally, I have a i5-2500k and 7850 and I get 60 in the first area and the countryside area after that but the first city you go to I get like 25-30 but that's with a crap ton of players around. I have most of my settings turned all the way up too.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sentinel -- MB-884C965A882BDBBD - Taken by xGreg
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-A71BE8B02E6A94FF - Taken by Cth

Dsyndrome

Playing a lot of La Mulana now on my Vita, wish I had given to the Kickstarter for #2 now that I know how good it is. I suck at figuring out a lot of the puzzles, but the ones I'm not using the wiki for give plenty of aha! moments to not make me think I'm a total asshat at the game. Will look forward to the next one coming out.

The Witcher 3 Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBWcRGWOTUQ

The game still looks phenomenal despite the downgrade arguments.
I'm really considering double dipping and pre-order the steam version after watching the video.

I need to stop having bills and irl responsibilities so I can pre-order one copy lol. I was watching some PS4/XB1 footage this morning and thought it looked incredible, almost makes me want to marathon through W1 and W2 before 3 comes out.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Black Desert Impressions: It looks pretty but it seems like it might get tiredsome quickly. Kinda reminds me of Vindictus which is another game that was a looker but gameplay wise got old fast. I gotta give more time to the game but besides the visuals Im not entirely sold on the game. It runs like a charm tho.

I need to stop having bills and irl responsibilities so I can pre-order one copy lol. I was watching some PS4/XB1 footage this morning and thought it looked incredible, almost makes me want to marathon through W1 and W2 before 3 comes out.

Now that you reminds me, I really need to save up for the summer sale (ESO).
Just finished Witcher 2 last weekend and I'm all set for Witcher 3.

Black Desert Impressions: It looks pretty but it seems like it might get tiredsome quickly. Kinda reminds me of Vindictus which is another game that was a looker but gameplay wise got old fast. I gotta give more time to the game but besides the visuals Im not entirely sold on the game. It runs like a charm tho.

Yeah, it's that kind of game.
Combat is fun but kinda easy, but leveling is quite different from other mmorpgs (not quest heavy). I'm just messing around with the char creation and photo mode until the Witcher 3 released.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Playing a lot of La Mulana now on my Vita, wish I had given to the Kickstarter for #2 now that I know how good it is. I suck at figuring out a lot of the puzzles, but the ones I'm not using the wiki for give plenty of aha! moments to not make me think I'm a total asshat at the game. Will look forward to the next one coming out.
Good man!

It's my favorite game on Steam.
Even though I haven't finished it.

wilflare

You just missed them giving out some Ori keys @ https://twitter.com/SwordOrWhip. However, actually activating one of them would probably be impossible. They're giving Shovel Knight keys now.

damn :O and they had to do it in that font too

The buy/sell/trade thread is stickied at the top of gaming community.

ah. thought there was a separate thread other than BST - there I go then

Hey I just got home from a long day at work. Did I missed anything this evening?

a new fan of Elizabeth after seeing her as Scarlet Witch :O

Grief.exe

That's nice, I guess. Even if a bit of a waste.

Apparently the original PC version was garbage. That version was also published by Ubisoft, so who knows what kind of rights they have to it, while the DC version was developed and published by Game Arts.

The last boss in Geometry Wars 3 is something else. The game definitely has its difficult moments but this makes everything else look easy in comparison.

I'm currently getting my ass kicked in Nuclear Throne by the frame rate along with the enemies. 30 FPS is a huge disappointment to be honest.

Only a 21GB download for Witcher 3 is crazy. GTA V is three times that size.

Assuredly, a large portion of GTA V is the audio. Keep in mind 21 GB is the compressed size, the install size is 30 +.

MMO's Shadow, you may even be CPU bottlenecked in areas.

How are you liking the combat?

Blizzard

Banned
I just found out about Deadcore. It looks neat for speedrunning type stuff.

Unfortunately the store page is annoying me. Is there a reason that Steam store videos don't preload? If I pause the video, the buffering stops a tiny bit ahead of the current play location. If I start playing, the video starts buffering again, but only a tiny bit ahead of the current play location.

As a result, I can't let the video load, and I can't play it without stuttering, which is really annoying. I guess I could let it stutter and buffer through the whole thing, then rewind and play it again?

Some spares from GMG birthday pack.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orboron -- MB-55F84C77EA5D36C3 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
A Valley Without Wind -- MB-CB67399D4A1E1208 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
PID -- MB-EFB3280D7C53B1C8 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Ocean City Racing -- MB-8D24FF9BEBDC9B4B - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Battlepaths -- MB-B44CADECE2DFA65D - Taken by Deception. 1 entrants total.

t1431411518z1.png

donny2112

Glad that a new Castlevania (just not called Castlevania) is coming, but not planning on backing this one. Had already made that decision before seeing the planned platforms, but lack of a 3DS (or n3DS) version kind of cements that. Will probably get the Steam version at the first sale, and if a scaled back/pixel art 3DS version comes later, can double-dip! Great that it's already funded, though! (^_^)

Terra_Ex

Thinking of going with that too,
do you get stat boost like she said
?

I don't recall getting one, but I was flattening most enemies with ease by that point anyway.
I think it just "unlocks" the path the final area as well as potentially affecting the ending. (You need to pray to at least one god and earn their favour to reach the final area)

Dsyndrome

So I actually drove a 688I years ago in one of my old jobs (not the sticks, gave the orders). Debating getting the game now since it's $2 with the Weeklies. Anybody play it on Windows 7/8.1 so I don't spend a stupid amount of money on a broken game? Want to show my wife stuff besides the 18 hour days and no sun.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
People who played PoE, which side of
gods
did you go with?

I sided with
Hylea too because it seemed like the best "hero" choice to make

Thinking of going with that too,
do you get stat boost like she said
?

You get
a passive talent called Hylea's Boon, which gives you +1 Lore and +1 Perception

If you want to see the alternative stat boosts, look at the very bottom of this page on the wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom