• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well I got the full amount I asked for the item so if I now spend it all, Valve rolls everything back....

In this particular instance I'm expecting that all store purchases made with Steam wallet funds since the glitch happened will probably also be reversed. There may be some legitimate customers caught in the net, but the potential liability for Valve here is pretty astronomical, as Madjoki's post above with a CS:GO gun selling for millions illustrates.

didamangi

http://redd.it/34hsob

- Apparently it's Indonesia Rupiah and somebody at Valve fucked up the decimal point.
- Indonesians noticed that they could buy hundreds and thousands of dollars worth of CSGO and Dota 2 items for pennies
- This could seriously fuck up a lot of people

Valve will probably do a rollback like they did with the gems fiasco.

derExperte

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/M4A1-S | Hyper Beast (Field-Tested)

6.4 million euros for CS:GO skins. Someone's rich now.
Until rollback anyway

Thought the same during the gem-pocalypse. Now look at me. But how did that happen? The wallet can't go over 400€ I think and I can't enter a higher value for an item. Oh wait, the seller sold in Indian Rupees I guess?

Better not do anything.

I think I'll grab Dirt Rally and see what happens.

madjoki

Thought the same during the gem-pocalypse. Now look at me. But how did that happen? The wallet can't go over 400€ I think and I can't enter a higher value for an item. Oh wait, the seller sold in Indian Rupees I guess?

That's likely, shows how much prices was screwed.

This is gonna screw all ecosystems if not properly reversed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think I'll grab Dirt Rally and see what happens.

bdN5t2B.gif

Dr Dogg

Oh who ever brought up Final Fantasy Tactics yesterday, thank you very bloody much as I've just gone on a book buying bender that's cost me a small fortune.

So a couple of missions in and Dawn of War seems pretty manageable for the RTS impaired. Unless they drastically increase the soldier/vehicle cap the further you get I won't see myself having too much trouble playing this game.

It looks like the expansion order is Winter Assault, Dark Crusade and then Soulstorm.

The first DoW and its expansions are a pretty good implementations of RTS 'Classic' but if you really want a new spin on the formula DoW II really stripped things back to pretty much small squad management. It's kind of a weird RTS/RPG hybrid that works really well. Company of Heroes is still my favourite Relic game by a country mile but I really like what they did with DoW II.

PARANO1A

Better get my post count up for the new thread by giving stuff away.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PARANO1A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Planet -- MB-DDC5E83878411429 - Taken by iosefe. 17 entrants total.
Wrack -- MB-0B1CBFE2ABF4E31C - Taken by Saty. 5 entrants total.
Race The Sun -- MB-250054AC8641B9FD - Taken by redlacs. 3 entrants total.

t1430486821z1.png

I have just enough money in my account to buy CoD Warchest Bundle, but I know I most likely won't play them ever, decisions...

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF i created E3 Conference banners for another forum and if you want i can post them here too. For now Only EA banner has clickable Stream links just for test because i don't have Stream links for this year. (banners are not done yet, EA conference times are already fixed and MS/Sony times will be updated when they announce them).

UheCFL7.png

LjEIlhe.png

xEGnoGr.png

BzteKE5.png

AP7ur7Y.png

3f4OVCj.png

Uzzy

Those are pretty nice. I'd suggest maybe changing the colours on the PC Gamer and Bethesda text, as the times are a little hard to read given the background.

jshackles

Hey SteamGAF i created E3 Conference banners for another forum and if you want i can post them here too. For now Only EA banner has clickable Stream links just for test because i don't have Stream links for this year. (banners are not done yet, EA conference times are already fixed and MS/Sony times will be updated when they announce them).

FYI You should probably add a background layer to these, they look almost unreadable for those of us using the dark theme.

derExperte

Indie Gala Advenutre Mega Bundle

https://www.indiegala.com/adventuremega

Pay $1 or more to get these Steam games!

Runaway, The Dream of The Turtle
The Journey Down: Chapter One

Pay $3.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 11 AWESOME STEAM GAMES!

Mushroom Men: Truffle Trouble
Venetica - Gold Edition
The Last Tinker™: City of Colors
The Journey Down: Chapter Two
War, the Game
About Love, Hate and the other ones
Eidolon
Runaway: A Twist of Fate
Runaway, A Road Adventure

Kifimbo

New IndieGala. Seems decent.

Runaway, The Dream of The Turtle (STEAM)
The Journey Down: Chapter One (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS

Mushroom Men: Truffle Trouble (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Venetica - Gold Edition (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
The Last Tinker™: City of Colors (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
The Journey Down: Chapter Two (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
War, the Game (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
About Love, Hate and the other ones (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Eidolon (STEAM)
Runaway: A Twist of Fate (STEAM)
Runaway, A Road Adventure (STEAM)

EDIT: Argh. Mine has a link. :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

UheCFL7.png

LjEIlhe.png

xEGnoGr.png

BzteKE5.png

AP7ur7Y.png

3f4OVCj.png

Use solid colors. Those lines make my eyes feel like they are being assaulted. I don't know why we still use that in this thread too for the OP.

dex3108

Use solid colors. Those lines make my eyes feel like they are being assaulted. I don't know why we still use that in this thread too for the OP.

FYI You should probably add a background layer to these, they look almost unreadable for those of us using the dark theme.

Those are pretty nice. I'd suggest maybe changing the colours on the PC Gamer and Bethesda text, as the times are a little hard to read given the background.

These are for another forum and if you guys and girls want them on GAF/SteamGAF i will adjust them for this forum :D

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Hard to believe we're still ten months away from E3.

Zeknurn

UheCFL7.png

LjEIlhe.png

xEGnoGr.png

BzteKE5.png

AP7ur7Y.png

3f4OVCj.png

They look great expect you forgot a Giantbomb stream column.

edit: I would also add a black outline to the white text on the striped sections. The Bethesda one in particular is hard to read.

Tizoc

Venetica - Gold Edition
War, the Game
Eidolon
Niiiiiiiiice has games I want and for $4, not a bad deal =3

jshackles

That bundle is pretty nice! +7 for me and

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Runaway The Dream of the Turtle -- MB-6586F7475AAE1E41 - Taken by fspm
The Journey Down Chapter 1 -- MB-74F8BC56731A2082 - Taken by Cyldman
Runaway A Road Adventure -- MB-CDA8C67AF61AEAE1 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Runaway A Twist of Fate -- MB-3061C8DB36E0152C - Taken by Megauap

Dr Dogg

FFT books? Why and why would anyone buy them?

Long story but let's say from picking up Tactics Ogre's design archive lead me to The World of Eorzea to The Eyes of Bayonetta 2 and so on.

Well if we want to be keeping the OP in keeping with Steam's aesthetics we should really be using shitty, artifacted, gradients on everything.

Venetica - Gold Edition
War, the Game
Eidolon

Nice, I've wanted to get Steam versions of the Runaway games for a while.

Actually, I don't have any of the games in this bundle. +11.

fantomena

D4 Steam version will have:

Steam achievements

・ Trading cards

・ Badges

・ Emoticons

・ Profile backgrounds

・ Cloud saving

Source: Press release I just received.

Tenrius

So, how do the X-Wing games run? Any issues with them? DOSbox is fine, but aren't there some Windows versions as well?

fantomena

Somebody might make a thread if they want.

WALL OF TEXT

■Release Date/Price: To be announced

Changes From the Xbox One Version:

●Basic controls using Kinect have been entirely removed, and revisions were made so that the entire game can be played solely with the

mouse.

●All DLC from the Xbox One version, including the collaboration outfits/clothing, will be included in the game itself.

●The user interface has been overhauled as necessary per the above changes.

●Added settings for the PC version.

Screen resolution settings, Windowed/Full Screen mode settings, V-sync ON/OFF setting, dynamic shadowing ON/OFF setting, subtitle

language settings (EFIGSPJ)

●60 fps is achievable under recommended system specs

●Faster loading times

●Removed content made specifically for the Xbox One version

●Known bug fixes

Recommended system specs:

OS Windows 7 64-bit edition or Windows 8 64-bit edition

CPU Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.5GHz or AMD CPU or equivalent

Memory 8GB RAM

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 or AMD Radeon HD 7850 (VRAM 2GB)

Display Supports 1920x1080 resolution

DirectX DirectX 11

Hard Disk Hard disk with 20GB of free space

Sound Card DirectX 11 compatible sound card

Other Keyboard and mouse required. Compatible with Xbox Controller using XInput

Minimum specs:

OS Windows 7 64-bit edition or Windows 8 64-bit edition

CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz or AMD CPU or equivalent

Memory 6GB RAM

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 or AMD Radeon HD 6870 (VRAM 1GB)

Display Supports 1280x720 resolution

DirectX DirectX 11

Hard Disk Hard disk with 10GB of free space

Sound Card DirectX 11 compatible sound card

Other Keyboard and mouse required. Compatible with Xbox Controller using XInput

Changes form the Xbox One version:

■Changes from the Xbox One version

●Basic controls using Kinect have been entirely removed, and revisions were made

so that the game can be played using all controls with just the mouse.

・ Selection with the hand cursor

・ GRAB controls

・ PUSH controls

・ Changing direction

・ Changing stance

・ Confirm/Cancel

・ Interact

●New mouse commands have replaced parts of the game that used Kinect gesture

inputs.

・ New commands for common actions like drinking tequila or opening fortune

cookies

・ New commands for special actions like beginning a dive or activating visions

・ New commands for gesture input that were used in cutscenes

●New mouse commands have replaced parts that used synchronized Kinect inputs.

・ Sequences such as wiping a window or switchboard puzzles have been

customized for mouse inputs.

・ Changing posture etc. has been replaced with mouse controls.

● Commands for Synchro Stunts (QTE) using Kinect have been entirely removed,

and all inputs have been re-implemented to function well with mouse inputs.

・ Actions performed by waving both arms widely or making repeated swipes have

been replaced with new swipe inputs or commands.

・ New commands for gestures like swinging a bat

・ New commands for voice activated inputs

●All downloadable content for the XboxOne version has been integrated into the

game.

・ Revised so that collaboration costumes can now be acquired in game.

・ Revised so that downloadable facial hair can now be acquired in game.

・ Made adjustments to the parameters of each type of costume

・ Added a new “Today’s Free Costume Corner“ feature to Amanda’s shop

●Renewed the user interface that accompanies the revised parts listed above.

・ The revised parts have all been renewed to a format suitable for mouse input.

●Removed the mic input that accompanies the revised parts listed above.

・ Voice activated inputs during Synchro Stunts (QTE)

・ Choice inputs in conversations

・ Choice inputs in demos

・ Short-cut input in shops or closets

・ Short-cut input at the menu screen

●Readjusted Synchro Stunt (QTE) evaluation mechanics.

●Readjusted the parameters and placement of items.

●Added settings for the PC version.

・ Screen resolution settings

・ Windowed / full-screen mode setting

・ V-sync ON / OFF setting

・ Dynamic shadowing ON / OFF setting

・ Subtitle language settings (EFIGSPJ)

●60fps

*Possible under recommended system specs

●Faster loading times

●Known bug fixes

●Removed content specifically for the Xbox One version

・ Removed MELD compatibility

・ Removed leader board compatibility

Ozium

UheCFL7.png

LjEIlhe.png

xEGnoGr.png

BzteKE5.png

AP7ur7Y.png

3f4OVCj.png

you are missing someone m8

please understand

madjoki

Valve's rollingback market:

Money will be removed & Item back with trade blocked for a week.

Hope you didn't buy anything.

inb4 underflow for millions of steam wallet

derExperte

Valve's rollingback market:

Money will be removed & Item back with trade blocked for a week.

Hope you didn't buy anything.

inb4 underflow for millions of steam wallet

I got one (of three sold) CS case back and the wallet balance changed accordingly. Nothing new on the DOTA2 item front.

Tenrius

Got the GOG Galaxy alpha. Looks a bit... messy?

EDIT: Screenshot removed as we're supposedly not allowed to post them in public.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-9E9B8D2CF0B92C43 - Taken by Sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom