• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanokare

If you're in the US, try without Hola.

With Hola off I get "This product is not available for purchase in your region."
With Hola on I can't click on any of the payment links (like Paypal).

Worked the way you said it for the base game but not the season pass.

Grief.exe

I'm assuming that won't change after it leaves Early Access?

Doubt it. I haven't researched the technical reason for it being locked to 30 FPS, but the game has been in active development for 2 years. If it were a priority, then it would have been done by now. Most glaring issue I have with an otherwise excellent game.

Oh so it's already summer, huh?
Where's my summer sale, valve?

P4Kby5D.jpg

Where is the western release for PSO2 Sega?

Dsyndrome

With Hola off I get "This product is not available for purchase in your region."
With Hola on I can't click on any of the payment links (like Paypal).

Worked the way you said it for the base game but not the season pass.
They may have changed something since it first popped up. I got it the first day doing that and didn't have issues. Probably because it's $40 and not one wants to pay that kind of thing for a season pass minus COD/Battlefield diehards.

Kanokare

They may have changed something since it first popped up. I got it the first day doing that and didn't have issues. Probably because it's $40 and not one wants to pay that kind of thing for a season pass minus COD/Battlefield diehards.

Yeah :/ Also I lied. Just tried Arkham Knight and that doesn't work anymore. Worked the earlier days like you said though. Guess both the game and pass can't be Hola'd anymore.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
no pls, Prinnies never die. we are reborn again and again

You didn't say, d00d. d00d. Time to go back to Hades, d00d.

The last boss in Geometry Wars 3 is something else. The game definitely has its difficult moments but this makes everything else look easy in comparison.

I haven't even reached that due to the stupid star/score point system. I'm struggling to even get the 1 star scores at times. I just want to unlock the damn stuff so I can then score attack. Ugh.

baterism

Where is the western release for PSO2 Sega?
Well, SEGA said they prepare bajilion f2p games for 2015 right? One of them might be Western PSO2.

I replayed VC last night. It was such a good game. Looking at the
not
Europe map on VC make me depressed, there's still so much area to explore. The Battle of
not
Britain, The
not
North Africa Campaign, etc.

SEGA pls

I just reading through Ark thread.
Hloly shiet it looks surreal, so good.

Uhhhhh help. Steam wouldn't launch because it said my internet settings wouldn't allow it or something of that nature and now when I try to launch it says the file/directory is corrupted and unreadable. What do I do to make it so I don't have to redownload everything?

Edit: Seems that drive is failing in multiple places, oh boy. I will deal with this bullshit some time tonight.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I've enjoyed it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KenOD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Revolution Ace -- MB-FC414FC521B102E3 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.

t1431406839z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of texhnolyze, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orboron -- MB-55F84C77EA5D36C3 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
A Valley Without Wind -- MB-CB67399D4A1E1208 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
PID -- MB-EFB3280D7C53B1C8 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Ocean City Racing -- MB-8D24FF9BEBDC9B4B - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Battlepaths -- MB-B44CADECE2DFA65D - Taken by Deception. 1 entrants total.

t1431411518z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How are you liking the combat?
Seems pretty easy to pick up and play. If you play with controller its a bit weird since sometimes I had to use the keyboard to start up animations to make my character move after a cutscene.

Combat you can keep the button pressed and the character will keep attacking since most enemies dont do much against you and are rather predictable to dodge (You press a direction while attacking and the character will dodge while continuing attacking which is neat) and overall there is decent maneuvers. I would like the controllers to be better mapped on the pad cause sometimes some things made not a lot of sense but other than that the game is pretty fun. I gotta tinker more on it before I put a full verdict on it.

I don't feel compelled by the world of the game as it is generic as they come so far but I gotta give it more time in order to see if things flesh out more. The visuals are great but uninspired and the performance its good which helps the game continue to shine on the visual side. Not hard to understand most of the things going on despite not everything being patched but we'll see how far I go. (Leveling up seems quite fast btw)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
so im curious, how are new rules added to gaf? is it a voting thing like if enough people say "hey mods can this please become bannable" will they add it to the rules or is it a thing where a group of mods go something like "we don't like this so no one can post about it"? I'm honestly curious because I was thinking today that threads titled like "what is your ____ in gaming" and then someone just enters and posts a image with no context. like people complain about it all the time yet nothing is done about it. I'd make a thread about it but i don't want to be perm juniored or people start making their lame ass jokes as I'm genuinely curious. Haven't been on gaf long enough to see a new rule added except for the one about no one can talk about the game that shall not be named that starts with an H but I'm pretty sure thats just because of what the game is about.

I'm sure the moderation/admin team discuss and decides thing like this, with Evil - being the owner - having the final word on most things. It's certainly not a voting thing, this is no democracy :3 That being said, everyone is free to suggest stuff and ask questions, but via PMs.

Kaleinc

Banned
I'm sure the moderation/admin team discuss and decides thing like this, with Evil - being the owner - having the final word on most things. It's certainly not a voting thing, this is no democracy :3 That being said, everyone is free to suggest stuff and ask questions, but via PMs.
Imagine what happens to Gaf if someone suggests anime gifs be never used and it passes.

Arthea

Talking about JRPGs, we need slackers to get on board first, then we can stop to be phased by JRPGs coming to steam. I mean Atlus, they even released some of their games on PC in Japan only, so it's not something unheard of. Gust, they have no presence on PC at all, never had to my knowledge, it's time to change that and live with times.
We are about to get Tales it seems, so Namco is on board, hopefully.
What's left? Oh ya, SE.

Dear Square Enix

Kindly fill the gaps

FF3
FF4
FF7
FF8
10, 2
FF11
FF13
FF13-2
13-3
FF14

you see? that's painful even to look at! fill those gaps!

edited: It would be nice to get tri-Ace games on steam and Wild ARMs, and BoF, but that's probably too much to ask for. And as for NI, I'm not sure what they are waiting for. Special invitation?

Chariot

Remember, a Gaffer's strength flows from the Gif. But beware. Anger, fear, sexual frustration. Don't give in to the power of PopGAF. Once you start down the Pop path, it will forever dominate your destiny.

Dr Dogg

no wonder devs stopped adding cheats to their games ... those things are goddamn expensive!!!
;)

Capcom started this with Off the Record
Ever since they published that Fallout: New Vegas review it's been a race to the bottom. It's a real shame too because they were quite fun read back in the day while being quite insightful.

When RPS' focus was more of a blog commenting on the industry (well the unrepresented PC part) but very detached from promotion they were one of the first things I'd read in the morning. Plus the old setup of ex PC Gamer staff of Jim, Kieron, Quinns and Jon was a great mix of personalities that balanced each other out. Gillen's gone off to write comics, Quinns got lost down the back of the sofa, Jim spends more time writing properly than on site and Walker has been let off the leash from his grumpy corner writting the ungamer reviews. The string of freelancers and contributors used over the past 4 or so years really changed the dynamic the site used to have which was 4 blokes with distinct personalities chatting about PC games before Giant Bomb was a thing.

Happy days,

Tokyo Dark is already fully funded, after 14 hours.

Blimey, that was quick.

Witcher 3 Pre-load = done! Now we wait. Reviews will be up today at 16:00 CET so that would be interesting to see.

Seeing as you've bought, paid for and preloaded Witcher III isn't looking out for reviews nothing more than purchase validation? It's kind of like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. Not knocking that you might want to read them but personally I couldn't give a toss and would rather go into the game as blind as possible (if that's even a thing after the amount of footage I've seen already).

I can't wait for GAF to implement webm.

It's like jifs but longer! And with sound!

It will be GLORIOUS.

Go open 50 animu based videos on YouTube all at once with the volume cranked up and tell me how your head feels with your ears being assaulted like that. That's if your CPU hasn't caught fire of course. That's your webm replacing gif future, they're not interchangeable formats.

Arthea

sound only makes everything worse, no more browsing anything at work or in public, just sayin
this is not a path we want to take

edited: long live gifs!

What's next though?
Banning anime avatar on gaf? :p
I don't see the problem in anime gifs that differ them from normal gifs. They're both bandwidth killer and I usually stop my browser each time I step upon them (usually when at home with my pitiful internet connection).

dex3108

Seeing as you've bought, paid for and preloaded Witcher III isn't looking out for reviews nothing more than purchase validation? It's kind of like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. Not knocking that you might want to read them but personally I couldn't give a toss and would rather go into the game as blind as possible (if that's even a thing after the amount of footage I've seen already).

Well i already know what to expect so i don't care about score. I just want to see how W3 will stack against Dragon Age. Big publisher/developer vs. smaller one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom