• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Swery could make it a kickstarter project and then go through greenlight, no publisher needed.
Too much hassle?

do you really think he'd get the money? I doubt it .... I mean - I'm sure A LOT of people love his games (myself included), but probably not enough to gather enough money to fund a game like that

Dr Dogg

HEY THAT'S MY...

Oh, you're squishing it. You can have that. I'll keep Square-Enidos.

Hahaha. Sorry not quite plagiarism (if that's even possible with nicknames).

So, regarding FFIV After Years, I did a test using the FPS counter binded on Steam (I don't even know this was a feature):

30 FPS overworld
15 fps in-battle

Urgh. And DotEmu still keeps on getting port work. They must be really fucking cheap.

madjoki

So, RE5 is fixed, but DR2 is still a mess, no way to import save/achievements from GFWL, but more important no patches to run DR games decently. I guess the only reason Capcom is bothering on fixing RE5 is to sell the 15€ DLC.

And yet they refuse to release story DLCs for Dead Rising 2.

Arthea

Urgh. And DotEmu still keeps on getting port work. They must be really fucking cheap.

maybe they do it for free or for the love of gaming
sorry I had to

According to list of their works, they did all FF PC ports, except FF13 games.
Wait HoMM3 HD too? I didn't know that.

Breaking - High Voltage Software acquired by DotEmu to increase quality of their ports.

Also, inb4 Arthea, Humble Capcpom Bundle today?

definitely!

edited: taken from dotEmu site:
DotEmu can either work on a royalty share basis or on a flat fee Work-for-hire basis.

Copons

I bought the first origin bundle exclusively for the steam games :x

Yeah, me too. I redeemed the Steam keys and gifted the Origin ones to my girlfriend.
Whose PC then broke down and now she's using mine, installing Origin.

EA!!
hqdefault.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-4C957EA84331BC5C - Taken by alr1ght
Crash the game.
The Defenders: The Second Wave -- MB-D16E4BFD1FB3F2AE - Taken by Madn
Star Nomad -- MB-F1EBE66DF0B52F15 - Taken by thereisnoif
Might be used.
Dokuro -- MB-D43D8D7BF4A90A6C - Taken by Gintoki
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-6CDA6C7B042E5109 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
PGP3OVL.png
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader (GOG) -- MB-B593081531A4BA6A - Taken by jshackles
Woolfe - The Red Hood Diaries -- MB-B51E790AAF588AB4 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Dark Scavenger -- MB-FA042AAFAC732EDD
Cubetractor -- MB-6289F56933DDE8AF
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-6CD0CA65B91D4653 - Taken by anastef
Why so Evil 2: Dystopia -- MB-39FAF7FC040A4732 - Taken by corrosivefrost
Might be used.
Northmark: Hour of the Wolf -- MB-126431A5EFF3B4F4 - Taken by Purkake4
Terra Incognita: The Descendant -- MB-5FC0F116F690F566 - Taken by Belgarion
Might be used.
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream -- MB-1F96FCF0B4A655F3 - Taken by Last Baron

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Applesauce, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Contraption Maker -- MB-343A781051436265 - Taken by chronomac

Parsnip

RPS says that Invisible, inc. is really good :D Klei did it again.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/12/invisible-inc-review/

But does it have achievements?

They didn't do FF7 and FF8 as well, that was Eidos.

According to their facebook, they did the re-release "remaster" for FF7, probably for FF8 as well.

Dear DotEmu fans, 15 years ago, one of best video games ever made was born : Final Fantasy VII. The DotEmu team has worked day and night with Square Enix for around a year to provide the best possible enhanced version of Final Fantasy VII on PC. This awesome game is finally released today exclusively on Square Enix shop, so make sure to grab a copy at http://finalfantasyviipc.com ! We are very proud to have been the developer of this project as this is a very special game for all of us at DotEmu. Please spread the word !

Dr Dogg

If the PS4 port of FF7 is being handled by the scamps at DotEmu I eagerly await the fallout. Maybe it might be on a scale where someone at Squeenidos gives a shit to see what they are actually doing with their IPs. Doubt it very much though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Game 2,900:

Now the march to 3,000 begins.

wilflare

not yet
maybe after 3 month for the legendary edition ?
i already have the season pass

guess I'll wait for that then

---
GAF should publish games or at least SteamGAF should

---
how many of you backed Bloodstained?

---
still looking for a Nuclear Throne coupon if any of you still have one!

Arthea

If the PS4 port of FF7 is being handled by the scamps at DotEmu I eagerly await the fallout. Maybe it might be on a scale where someone at Squeenidos gives a shit to see what they are actually doing with their IPs. Doubt it very much though.

they don't do consoles, only phones, tablets and PCs. FF7 and 8 they did, is versions we have on steam.

edited: unless Knurek is right and these are not theirs.

Eanan

Guys, where does your witcher 3 pre load data go on windows 8.1, im trying to copy it to another PC, but cant find it.

Parsnip

By remaster they mean adding achievements, DRM and substituting original MIDI music for open-sourced OGG player.

And it took them a year to do that. And the ogg music wasn't there on launch either, and I think ff8 still uses midi.

I mean I'm sure they did something else to the code to make it less crash prone on modern systems or something, but yeah, "remaster".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom