• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

So guys, I understand how that type of post can be irritating, so I totally won't make an habit of it, but, just this once, let me say...
the fiber guy just came out, 516.53 Mb/s, I need to change pants and release all this emotion. Send halp.
And just when I finished my Persona 3 The Answer play and can begin any game I want. Good god.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
so, just as good as dragon age inquisition then

Dr Dogg

they don't do consoles, only phones, tablets and PCs. FF7 and 8 they did, is versions we have on steam.

edited: unless Knurek is right and these are not theirs.

All DotEmu do it take existing working games and port them over to different architectures or clean them up for modern systems with very few bells and whistles or in the case of HoMMIII less bells and whistles. 7 and 8 has existing PC ports (both outsourced on the cheap to some nameless dev and not Eidos as they were a publisher nothing more) with not much added bar cloud saves and chievos via Squeenix account integration and a couple of tweaks to get them up and running on modern hardware. Steam Features and restored audio came later for 7.

Edit: If you want to get an idea of the scale of DotEmu's team, the credits of the rereleased port of theirs for FF7 lists 6 people of which 2 are senior figures at the company, 1 project lead and 3 people left in engineering.

Jawmuncher

so, just as good as dragon age inquisition then

i3kYdDuyMu8ny.gif

EDIT:I misused this GIF I think? I think DA:I is decent but not what was flaunted in reviews.
Regardless considering most of us here got Witcher 3 for under 25 bucks, in terms of price and quality I think even the most picky such as myself will see it easily being worth that price.

Just no game pad support. Yes, let's wait for the PS4 version again and hope Klei doesn't decide it's not worth patching into the PC version because they can't make any extra money from it.

--

Nice thought, anonymous benefactor, but Why So Evil 2 was definitely already used.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Conrad Link:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Conrad Link, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deponia -- MB-37F2DE85BF8024CD - Taken by Se7enSword. 3 entrants total.
Neocolonialism -- MB-3123C1044B3064AA - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.

t1431450940z1.png

Couple of randoms, they should work. Enjoy!

wilflare

They already have Siri to star in the next Witcher game :3

But I'm glad there's another Elizbae Olsen fan on board!

ahahaha I really liked her in Age of Ultron
---

and based on her portrayal of Scarlet Witch, she'll probably do well in the Witcher Universe too

JustLynx

Just no game pad support. Yes, let's wait for the PS4 version again and hope Klei doesn't decide it's not worth patching into the PC version because they can't make any extra money from it.

yep, no controller support, they did say they'll port it from ps4 version,
but I prefer playing it with kb\m so I don't mind

I think I might just use The Witcher 3 as a way to test out GOG Galaxy.

I can see how the achievements work and all that. But my laziness might impede me here. Downloading a new client and running it seems like such a massive endeavor. I might even have to log in, too.

Just thinking about it has me tired. I need to take a break.

Dr Dogg

I have this sudden and mysterious urge to play Symphony of the Night.

I bought Harmony of Despair on PSN last night despite owning a copy on 360. But seeing as my 360 doesn't like to be on for more than an hour without making an awful racket I think I can eat the 4 quid it cost for (relative) silence.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Should I play Witcher 2 before 3 releases? I'm only like three hours into the game, for the third time since I bought it, and each time I stopped playing right here for reasons I can't describe. Somebody sell me one way or the other on The Witcher 2, I'm a fickle person and my opinion is yours to decide. Got 3 when I bought my video card so I'm getting that regardless.

Grief.exe

Witcher 3 review day
1440p
60+ FPS
Improved combat
Open-world
My boy Dandelion
90+ Metacritic
GOTY contender

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

I have no clue, but they refuse to patch the PC/Steam versions of Don't Starve to put them on Parity with the PSVita/PS4 versions with regard to trophies/achievements.

Luckily Don't Starve is such a solid game and continually updated by Klei that it overrides the superficial lack of achievements.

Should I play Witcher 2 before 3 releases? I'm only like three hours into the game, for the third time since I bought it, and each time I stopped playing right here for reasons I can't describe. Somebody sell me one way or the other on The Witcher 2, I'm a fickle person and my opinion is yours to decide. Got 3 when I bought my video card so I'm getting that regardless.

Just skip 2 for now and head for 3. Come back for the second game at a later date, you are just going to burn yourself out at this point.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That's actually the biggest reason I hit the brakes again. Worried about getting burned out on the setting, not even the series itself. I can only take so much fantasy setting at a time and I just went back to finish Mordor last weekend so I'm already pushing it.

Shadownet

Banned
Just skip 2 for now and head for 3. Come back for the second game at a later date, you are just going to burn yourself out at this point.
Dandelion should have his own adventure, I'd buy a DLC for that.

Also I'm in the same camp as this gentleman. Never played the first game, 5 hours into the 2nd one. Where can I go to get a complete story on the first two games so I don't feel lost when I start the 3rd one.

Dr Dogg

One day I'm going to beat everyone to the hop on a review thread and purposefully omit all the scores and have nothing but cherry picked quotes from each outlet in the hope people might actually read some reviews instead of whooping and hollering like Bruce Willis has just saved the earth from an asteroid or something over an out of context number. The confusion on how folks feel would be worth it alone.

this is gonna be the first Summer sale without the Russian bear right?

Yep. It could go two ways. Either some might see value in normal Sales and discounts again or lament the dear of cross region gifting more so. As much as i wish folks would lean to the former as that's where we are now it always going to be the later for some.

Arthea

I know it's the Witcher reviews and reviews day, but let's not forget to upvote this h&s game, which is finished already and has a demo, only awaits our approval to be released and not that we get abundance of hack and slash games, I remind you.
clicky clicky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom