• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I know it's the Witcher reviews and reviews day, but let's not forget to upvote this h&s game, which is finished already and has a demo, only awaits our approval to be released and not that we get abundance of hack and slash games, I remind you.
clicky clicky

I voted no.
The banner was false advertising.
Didn't actually vote on it at all.

Thought this was about Neogaf user Dex doing a qucik look at witcher 3 lol.

Anteater

I know it's the Witcher reviews and reviews day, but let's not forget to upvote this h&s game, which is finished already and has a demo, only awaits our approval to be released and not that we get abundance of hack and slash games, I remind you.
clicky clicky

where do i find that demo?

Dr Dogg

Most common particle found in beards is poop, you all know that right?

You know that 'study' which said this didn't really exist at all right? It's just more aggregated and non fact checked bollocks that circulates on ye olde internet.

Still wondering how my GTX 690 will take Geralt 3. Have absolutely no idea.

Well it's an Nvidia sponsored game so I'd imagine an SLI flag will be available in the Game ready Drivers (then again so did Watch Dogs and AC Unity and they had a few issues) so you could do all right.

derExperte

Witcher review thread has already devolved into everyone complaining about Jeff Gerstmann saying on Twitter that he couldn't get into the game. If there was a way to bet on the outcome of threads on GAF I'd be a millionaire by now.

Does anyone here care about Tree of Savior?
Apparently, it's on steam greenlight.

lol

UR3K2PE.jpg

Damn, my prediction was off.
I predicted steady 90 across several sites.
People will still try to bash it and compare it with DA:I questing though, being open world and all. And I'm pretty sure this prediction won't be inaccurate. :p

dex3108

Damn, my prediction was off.
I predicted steady 90 across several sites.
People will still try to bash it and compare it with DA:I questing though, being open world and all. And I'm pretty sure this prediction won't be inaccurate. :p

I still stand by my 92 Metacritic prediction by the end of this week (Friday). :D

Dr Dogg

Witcher review thread has already devolved into complaining about Jeff Gerstmann saying on Twitter that he couldn't get into the game. If there was a way to bet on the outcome of threads on GAF I'd be a millionaire by now.

Bit odd seeing as he loved Far Cry 3 and 4 though they don't share that much with Witcher III I guess.

Dr Dogg

Anyone else find it weird that we're now at the stage where "disruptive bugs" won't change a perfect score? (And yeah yeah, in before Dan Hsu references)

How much of the critical path and side quests do we reckon they played? In fact that's a much better game than the guess the metacritic nonsense. Guess how much of a game did a reviewer play from the body text of their review.

Phawx

Witcher review thread has already devolved into everyone complaining about Jeff Gerstmann saying on Twitter that he couldn't get into the game. If there was a way to bet on the outcome of threads on GAF I'd be a millionaire by now.

Considering he said he was only waiting for a non-buggy version, that some incredible leaps of logic.

Chariot

Oh boy, oh boy! I just saw that my new graphics card arrived and was taken in by a neighbour. Can't wait to get home and hammer it into my PC.

Haunted

Anyone else find it weird that we're now at the stage where "disruptive bugs" won't change a perfect score? (And yeah yeah, in before Dan Hsu references)
The associated one-word summary for that score is "essential", not "perfect".

A game with disruptive bugs can still be considered essential.

derExperte

Considering he said he was only waiting for a non-buggy version, that some incredible leaps of logic.

That's not really what he said at first. Then the rest. I always like to read opinions that are very different than mine so whatever. The comments about the bugs are more worrying, a day one patch can only do so much. But then again W2 had issues too and no open-world game will ever be released without some big bugs.

Dr Dogg

Wellll I guess this is what might have set some off (yeah I'm not going into a review thread)
Jeff Gerstmann @jeffgerstmann · 34m 34 minutes ago
Was hoping Witcher 3 would grab me after everyone kept going nuts for it during preview coverage, but it didn't.

Now in only 140 or less characters and out of context that's not something to get crazy about. But as you say...

Jeff Gerstmann @jeffgerstmann · 17m 17 minutes ago
The review disc they sent over was said to already have the Day 1 patch applied, but I had it crash on me twice in the first hour.

Jeff Gerstmann @jeffgerstmann · 16m 16 minutes ago
That hopefully won't carry over to retail, but it kinda left me in a spot where I couldn't trust what I was playing.

Jeff Gerstmann @jeffgerstmann · 15m 15 minutes ago
So we'll wait for the PC version and have the East Coast office take a look at that.

I that's think is fair enough.

Haunted

As if you'd get anything else than extremely unprofitable odds on a review thread going to shit. :p

Chariot

And here I was avoiding "jamming it in and filling all it's holes from the backside" :(

An i am sitting here looking at abnormal GPU prices in my country :(
Hey, it wasn't cheap for me either. I probably won't buy a new GPU unless something breaks or the next generation. I am not upgrading my PC every year :D

That's ptobably my style.

don't hammer use a rubber mallet
I love rubber mallets. I think they're inherently funny.

Dr Dogg

Speaking of double entendre's and GPU's some one I know on another forum recently had this genius idea of scissor mounting two GPU's for better airflow in SLI/CrossFire. I'll let the mind boggle on that one.

Jawmuncher

Fun-filled stylish action romp Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, which is coming to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, will release in North America and Europe starting June 23, 2015 for $24.99/ €24.99 / £19.99.

Glad they played it smart on the price. Will GMG/Nuveem for 15/20ish.

Deques

Fun-filled stylish action romp Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, which is coming to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, will release in North America and Europe starting June 23, 2015 for $24.99/ €24.99 / £19.99.

No loyalty discount? :(

Dsyndrome

Haven't been able to put time into finishing Witcher 2 due to house hunting and travel. Hopefully I'll be able to get through Act 3 this weekend to be able to play #3 next week (wife keeps yelling at me to find a place to live every time I launch the game now).

MaxiLive

I read Skyrim and lost all interest.
Why would they compare their game to Skyrim? Is Bethesda their role model company? >_<

They used Skyrim to compare scale and that is it. Nothing to do with gameplay, graphics, options, features, control schemes, platforms or anything. Just scale.

So not really comparing the game in full just the scale of the world, setting and mileage in which Skyrim is the flagpole title to compare to!

Dr Dogg

At least they did something there. Would have been laughable to see £24.99

Well the way the exchange rate has been going lately it should be coming closer together not further apart. I get the $19.99 to £14.99 conversion as that's inline with exchange rate and tax differentiation but £19.99 is $6+ more, so an extra 25% on top.

Nordicus

Valdis Story finally got a discount and it's only 35% off while in the past it was 75% off. Oh well, let's wait a bit.
It's been bundled before :)
They're gonna wait a while before dropping the price down significantly since they added a whole load of content in last patch and sort of treat it like a new game in terms of pricing.

It might drop down to -75% during summer sale but I'd more expect something like 50-66%

Knurek

Yes, I can definitely see why zkylon was liking Psycho-Pass - haven't seen such a bishfest since... Fushigi Yuugi, I guess.

LYNE is doing something with my brain, whenever I close my eyes, I see lines to cross, boards to solve...
I just wish the actual game was more engaging - kind of a pity there have been no new rules, I'm roughly 50% into the game, and it's starting to get boring... :\

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Might double dip for awesome Uncle Dante.

Jawmuncher

Yes, I can definitely see why zkylon was liking Psycho-Pass - haven't seen such a bishfest since... Fushigi Yuugi, I guess.

LYNE is doing something with my brain, whenever I close my eyes, I see lines to cross, boards to solve...
I just wish the actual game was more engaging - kind of a pity there have been no new rules, I'm roughly 50% into the game, and it's starting to get boring... :\

Googling all I found was this
BISHFEST is back, and will be right before BLAST O the Monday after exams. Everyone should come because this is a particularly special fest. There will be a new bishops band, SURPRISE performance, and the final set of some of the fest's essential seniors.
Or somehow Admin bish is in the anime.

Well the way the exchange rate has been going lately it should be coming closer together not further apart. I get the $19.99 to £14.99 conversion as that's inline with exchange rate and tax differentiation but £19.99 is $6+ more, so an extra 25% on top.

Exchange rate is not something to rely on when comparing game prices. Unless you're using your currency to buy from another country, as a large number of us have when purchasing from nuuvem. Outside of that, add it to the "worth it" question as another sign of stupidity.

Might double dip for awesome Uncle Dante.

Double dip? You're going to buy it on a console and on PC?

Ayumi

How do I tell if a product on Greenlight is authentic?
Tried to compare with official Greenlight developers but I saw no badge or anything.

Catshade

I actually like the simplicity. Yeah it's starting to get boring too for me, then I just try to finish 1-2 puzzles a day instead of finishing as many as possible in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom