• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Exchange rate is not something to rely on when comparing game prices. Unless you're using your currency to buy from another country, as a large number of us have when purchasing from nuuvem. Outside of that, add it to the "worth it" question as another sign of stupidity.

The thing is though it has been pretty much bang on reliable for the past 5 years, way more in fact. Even Capcom themselves used to have an incredibly close $ to £ conversion. It's been the last 18 months where things have started to deviate. First Activsion started to sway and then so did Ubisoft and now others are starting to as well. All of these were out of step with current exchange rate and local economic factors and seems to be more about pushing what they can get away with more than anything else. Go check the prices for most of what's on Steam and you'll see that UK prices have on average shot up to be the most expensive more often than not when not too long ago for big budget titles they were mainly cheaper than US ones.

Oddly Sega still swings in our favour as do WB on their base games but charge more for DLC and Season Passes. Swings and roundabouts, I have my price that I'll buy it at but I'd love to hear Capcom's, among others, reasoning on price per region (not that it will ever be forthcoming)

Li Kao

Hmm, anyone can explain to me why I've got an Invisible inc 20% off coupon on the humble store but the game is nowhere to be found on the same store ? Did something happen ?

Khronico

Lately I've been culling my games list and hiding everything I've beaten/didn't like/don't want to play again. Now I'm down to 66 games from like 340 originally. Unfortunately, most games fell into the latter 2 categories and not the first -_-

Anyone use this feature?

Jawmuncher

Just admit that you are excited :p

I dunno about all that. Played 1 through Brohood and was never very impressed.
Have 3 sitting in my steam library. Hoping I see something here to pique my interest. AC is a series I want to like, but what's there just hasn't been for me.

Jawmuncher

Dinosaur Creed and it would be a different story.

Indeed
tumblr_mlc24zQpwJ1qemmzho3_500.png

Dr Dogg

He's a bit too posh for my tastes. Why not give our hero a cockney accent? Saying that Ubi would probably go the Dick Van Dyke route.

Dr Dogg

Saving kids forced into labour trapped in chimneys to be a collectable then?

Edit this CG doesn't look very good, in quality and content. And haven't i heard the ' fastest, most fluid AssCreed yet' somewhere before? Hmmmmm.

Chariot

Finally on the way home.
Say, if stick a new graphic card in, should I alreadybhave the drivers or does it work on a basic level for the desktop?

Arthea

I actually like the simplicity. Yeah it's starting to get boring too for me, then I just try to finish 1-2 puzzles a day instead of finishing as many as possible in one go.

Yes, I can definitely see why zkylon was liking Psycho-Pass - haven't seen such a bishfest since... Fushigi Yuugi, I guess.

LYNE is doing something with my brain, whenever I close my eyes, I see lines to cross, boards to solve...
I just wish the actual game was more engaging - kind of a pity there have been no new rules, I'm roughly 50% into the game, and it's starting to get boring... :\

kindly learn to zen! you don't play LYNE, you relax and think deep thoughts while doing nice and meaningful linepatterns.
and ya, it's absolutely not a game you play to finish or advance as far as you can, more like to relax inbetween games or when you feel like it. Try it this way, you won't be bored.

Actually, about Knurek's remark, it gets more complex... only slowly and closer to the end.

Grief.exe

Another year, another Assassin's Creed.

Still only played the second game. At least I can say I've experienced the best the series has to offer.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Dinosaur Creed can't happen within cannon because as soon as he is sent back it would desync.

Sorry guys, Ubisoft just has more integrity than that.

Dr Dogg

There's two guys having a chin wag just as Jacob brains a guy with a knife right in front of them and they don't blink an eye. Yeah, yeah Pre-Alpha but I'm keeping track of this come the final game as this is the sort of jank that is always in AssCreeds.

Edit: Well hand to hand combat looks 'different'.

Edit edit: 7 Templar gang leaders? Oh please say were going back to a structured take down/assassination list.

Jawmuncher

There's two guys having a chin wag just as Jacob brains a guy with a knife right in front of them and they don't blink an eye. Yeah, yeah Pre-Alpha but I'm keeping track of this come the final game as this is the sort of jank that is always in AssCreeds.

The excuse seems to be that you're in the slums. So no one gives a shit there.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Conrad Link, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Conrad Link, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deponia -- MB-37F2DE85BF8024CD - Taken by Se7enSword. 3 entrants total.
Neocolonialism -- MB-3123C1044B3064AA - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.

t1431450940z1.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dinosaur Creed can't happen within cannon because as soon as he is sent back it would desync.

Sorry guys, Ubisoft just has more integrity than that.

What if his ancestor is a dinosaur?

The last I played of Assassin's Creed was AC2:2, so they'd have to make the series a little more grounded in reality to pull of dinogranddaddy, but I think they could do it.

Dr Dogg

St Paul's Cathedral looks awesome in terms of scale.

The excuse seems to be that you're in the slums. So no one gives a shit there.

You could probably narrow that down to 'It's Ass Creed who gives a shit'.

So how many people do we reckon are working on this? 1,000? 2,000? An amount of the population of a small African country?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What if his ancestor is a dinosaur?

The last I played of Assassin's Creed was AC2:2, so they'd have to make the series a little more grounded in reality to pull of dinogranddaddy, but I think they could do it.

Actually, not joking: the illuninati/Nazi-lizard-people hollow earth angle could really work for this series.

Dr Dogg

That was the roughest I've ever seen an Ass Creed revealed. Day One for me of course :p

Hang on 23rd October for PS4/XO and Autumn for PC? Urghhhhh.

Jawmuncher

Oct 23rd for Assassins Creed Syndicate
Autumn 2015 for PC, though we were past this Ubi.

That was the roughest I've ever seen an Ass Creed revealed. Day One for me of course :p
Despite that i'm actually kind of interested. Probably not Day 1 interested but enough that I could see myself playing it at some point.
Then again I said the same thing about AC3 and it's setting, and that's still just sitting in my library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom