• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

congratulations all three AssCreed fans on a new game announced.
I'm somewhat sorry

Dinosaur Creed can't happen within cannon because as soon as he is sent back it would desync.

Sorry guys, Ubisoft just has more integrity than that.

Spock_eyebrow.gif

Catshade

New bundlestars bundle: Victory Mega Bundle, $2.49 for the first 48 hour

Thunder Wolves
Naval Warfare
Cannon Fodder 3
Commando Jack
Joint Task Force
Jagged Alliance: Crossfire
Strategic War in Europe
Dogfight 1942
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss
Air Guardians
Panzer Tactics HD
Battleplan: American Civil War
American Conquest
Cossacks II: Battle for Europe

Dr Dogg

Well...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XJJ7DUE/

Or DD Gold Edition...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XDBUFEE/

which has a 31st October as the release date. Probably a placeholder.

A1EXnawK8TL._SY445_.jpg

Uzzy

St Paul's Cathedral looks awesome in terms of scale.

Seeing St Paul's should be a real treat. Hopefully they show it off well.

Maybe they'll do some DLC with London during the Blitz, just so they can reenact the iconic image of St Paul's surrounded by burning buildings and smokw.

Dr Dogg

Seeing St Paul's should be a real treat. Hopefully they show it off well.

Maybe they'll do some DLC with London during the Blitz, just so they can reenact the iconic image of St Paul's surrounded by burning buildings and smokw.

If the do something like the Time Anomalies in Unity which you can have a bit of a much around I'd be content but 12 Monkeys style time ping ponging DLC and I'll be smitten.

Eternia

LYNE is doing something with my brain, whenever I close my eyes, I see lines to cross, boards to solve...
I just wish the actual game was more engaging - kind of a pity there have been no new rules, I'm roughly 50% into the game, and it's starting to get boring... :\
I've been playing it for the past few weeks and I don't know if I like it either. It feels like I'm constantly making guesses so I'll either complete a level in seconds or minutes. Maybe there was a technique or pattern I should have learned but I have no idea.

Arthea

I've been playing it for the past few weeks and I don't know if I like it either. It feels like I'm constantly making guesses so I'll either complete a level in seconds or minutes. Maybe there was a technique or pattern I should have learned but I have no idea.

I begin to think that you people are unworthy of LYNE.
Good that it has me to understand and cherish it.

rtcn63

You guys are misinterpreting. The game will release at the same time as the console versions, but from the point of booting up Uplay to it completing its updates, it'll be a few weeks to months.

Turfster

Gamesplanet Lunar Sale
  • Alien Isolation 78% off
  • Deus Ex HR DC 77% off
  • Shadow of Moredoor 75% off
  • Skyrim Legendary 66% off

Amazon US physical Evil Within 8.73$

Dark Echo keys now available for Groupees Be Afraid

Dr Dogg

Well I see Ubi is off to a good start...

And yes I do permanently have AssCreed 1 installed.

Also I've been burned too many times with Ubi titles disappearing from Steam not to return until months after release so no fucking way was I not buying it the second it went up.

After five hours of gameplay, here are some impressions for Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey:

The graphics: Simple. The backgrounds are nice and not too distracting, the characters have some charm, even though a lot of the villains are almost entirely monocoloured, and you're allowed a little variation in the letter tiles as the game progresses, most of which are nice (but the "words with friends" style is not easy on the eyes at all.) It does a lot with a little.

The gameplay: It's good. You're given a board of fifteen letters, and form words with them to attack monsters. It plays closer to Bookworm Adventures where you can use tiles anywhere from the board, than it does Words for Evil which requires adjacent letters. Tiles can gain bonus-granting crystals which appear randomly, but sadly do not seem to appear if you form a great word - and penalties of various kinds supplied by the monsters. Each level must be completed four times: once standard, once timed, once with an extra challenge, and once where the monsters are "elite" versions. At first, the "elite" levels are quite tough indeed, but after you get a few passive bonuses under your belt, it's not so bad. And yes, there are lots of upgrades to be had. I'm pretty good with words - one of the first achievements I unlocked was getting the requisite number of eight-letter words - so I'm finding that the game ranges from easy to mildly challenging.

The controls: You can use mouse to click the letters on the board, or just type on the keyboard. Typing is way faster, but you'll find you'll need the mouse at times. Some monsters have attributes such as "Takes double damage if you use two or more letters in the top row," and if you type out the word, it might use that "A" in the bottom row instead of the one in the top row. Later on, monsters might ONLY take damage if you use letters in certain positions, so you'll actually have to pay attention to see that the letters you want are in the right place. The letter-picking algorithm doesn't make it easy on you.

The audio: The music is nice, but at times I found it swelled too much and I had to turn the volume down to avoid getting distracted. When you're playing a game that requires you to think, well...you need to hear yourself think. Sound effects are a bit sparse. I would have liked hearing more audio out of the monsters to give them some depth and personality.

The verdict: It's fun. It's not perfect, it's not terribly hard, but it's fun. I'm enjoying myself, but I do hope the challenge gets ramped up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom