• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I wonder if they forgot they did feature that allowed custom sort orders.

You know what I wouldn't be surprised at all. Also unless I'm going crackers I can only see the Gold Edition available to the UK and a bunch of islands we've forgot about. That's a change in fortunes (well for the time being).

Its official. Dogg is more crazy than JaseC.

Dude.. Why?

Eh, you only live once. Though less jokingly I'm not risking it getting yanked from the store again like AC Rev, Far Cry 3, ACIII, Blacklist, Blackflag, Unity, Far Cry 4 and The Crew all did (probably more) only to return months later. Got 5 months to make my mind up and see what the state of the game is like anywho. Plus with it being back a little from consoles it's perfect to see if it's a mess like Unity.

You instabought this trash but you don't own Witcher 3?

For shame.

That's my AssCreed category. I insta-bought The Witcher III because it was a price error that saved me a fiver. Purchase date is 20 something June 2014, longest preorder ever!

Maniac

Banned
Well I see Ubi is off to a good start...

And yes I do permanently have AssCreed 1 installed.

Also I've been burned too many times with Ubi titles disappearing from Steam not to return until months after release so no fucking way was I not buying it the second it went up.

You instabought this trash but you don't own Witcher 3?

For shame.
Black Flag is amazing.

It's a terrible AC game, but a fantastic pirate game. It's a shame about the assassin bits though, they get in the way.

Edit: Oh wow, seeing the guy climbing buildings and running on rooftops with a top-hat on... Ubisoft are just inches away from parodying themselves, aren't they? Bloody hell.

Re-edit: The damn thing doesn't list you as owning TW3 on my Steam! Bloody hell.

Either way, you're redeemed.

AC is still trash though ;)

"Assassin's Creed was a mistake, it's nothing but trash - Patrice Désilets"

Chariot

Arrived at home. Got package from neighbour. Washed hands. Shat. Washed hands again.
It's hammer time

tumblr_n7k8uszFwa1rrkahjo3_250.gif

Shadownet

Banned
Eh, you only live once. Though less jokingly I'm not risking it getting yanked from the store again like AC Rev, Far Cry 3, ACIII, Blacklist, Blackflag, Unity, Far Cry 4 and The Crew all did (probably more) only to return months later. Got 5 months to make my mind up and see what the state of the game is like anywho. Plus with it being back a little from consoles it's perfect to see if it's a mess like Unity.
I know what you're saying make sense, but its still crazy to me.

I mean, I'm looking at the gameplay thraiker right now and I can't help but laugh at. Like carriage gameplay? UbiSoft is making this more and more like GTA with every passing game. GTA with stealth killing.

Edit: lmao the rope launcher. Straight out of Batman right there.
Arrived at home. Got package from neighbour. Washed hands. Shat. Washed hands again.
It's hammer time.
I practically wore a hazmat suit when I installed my 970. Lol

Turfster

Daily Deponia The Complete Journey 80% off
Midweek
  • Towerfall Ascension 66% off
  • Zombie Army Trilogy 33% off
  • Planetary Annihilation 80% off

Humble Flash Starbound 33% off

Dr Dogg

I know what you're saying make sense, but its still crazy to me.

I mean, I'm looking at the gameplay thraiker right now and I can't help but laugh at. Like carriage gameplay? UbiSoft is making this more and more like GTA with every passing game. GTA with stealth killing.

I'll be honest with you it could be the jankiest Ubifest to date and advertised as final footage and I'd still have swooped in like I did. AssCreed, my not so guilty pleasure, set in my country of origin, in a city I know intimately and in an era of history I'm quite familiar with? I was sold on the promise from Kotaku's ropey footage.

Omega

Banned
I don't know why anyone would be so quick to pre-order a game, much less an Assassin's Creed title after what happened with Unity.

If they have a decent preorder bonus it makes sense.

Some people are going to buy the game anyway on Day 1. might as well just get it out of the way in a case like this

Chariot

Fuck. I made a grave mistake. Apparently the 3l970 got a slot with 6 and one with 8 pins. But my Netzteil only got apparently one 8 pin thingie and thats leading to my mainboard. Will it work even if I put a 6 pin thingie into the 8 pin thingie? It kinda fits

edit: oh wait, here is a 2 pin thingie that fita to the 6 pin thingie into the 8 pin thingie.

Shadownet

Banned
I'll be honest with you it could be the jankiest Ubifest to date and advertised as final footage and I'd still have swooped in like I did. AssCreed, my not so guilty pleasure, set in my country of origin, in a city I know intimately and in an era of history I'm quite familiar with? I was sold on the promise from Kotaku's ropey footage.
I feel you man, while not my country of origin. Britain is a country Im fascinated with and want to go see someday. And the time period is an excellent one as well.

But nothing I've seen so far make me wanna buy it. It look like they reused a lot of the assets from Unity. You can really tell that a lot of the buildings look weirdly similar to the ones in Unity. I guess its better for them to go with Britain, a setting that they can reuse stuff rather than let say China where they would have to remake a lot.

Some people are going to buy the game anyway on Day 1. might as well just get it out of the way in a case like this
Inb4 "Pre-order for stealth pants and an exclusive mission with Sherlock Holmes"

Arthea

All I can hear is "Hexcells, Hexcells, Hexcells"!

This just proves that you don't understand LYNE. It has nothing in common with Hexcells. LYNE is probably most relaxing game on steam if not ever, while Hexcells is anything but relaxing. LYNE is about gameplay, drawing lines, you think a little, rather just glance and have some notion what to do and then you draw lines, while in Hexcells you think a lot, then click mouse couple of times and then think even more. It's like comparing day and night.

chronomac

Some people are going to buy the game anyway on Day 1. might as well just get it out of the way

They want to play in virtual 18th Century london =3

You all just completely forgot about Unity I take it?

Pre-ordering just for the sake of a bonus reinforces a bad industry-wide trend. But hey, it's your money.

Omega

Banned
I feel you man, while not my country of origin. Britain is a country Im fascinated with and want to go see someday. And the time period is an excellent one as well.

But nothing I've seen so far make me wanna buy it. It look like they reused a lot of the assets from Unity. You can really tell that a lot of the buildings look weirdly similar to the ones in Unity. I guess its better for them to go with Britain, a setting that they can reuse stuff rather than let say China where they would have to remake a lot.

Inb4 "Pre-order for stealth pants and an exclusive mission with Sherlock Holmes"

i meant more how some games have like 10-20% off lol. which is still pretty expensive when there's stuff like GMG but yea

Pre-ordering just for the sake of a bonus reinforces a bad industry-wide trend. But hey, it's your money.
I don't play AC..?

Turfster

Shadow of Moredoors is 70%, know your facts!
I almost believed you
Whoops. It's 75% off on the french and german site.
Same price when converted, though.

Fuck. I made a grave mistake. Apparently the 3l970 got a slot with 6 and one with 8 pins. But my Netzteil only got apparently one 8 pin thingie and thats leading to my mainboard. Will it work even if I put a 6 pin thingie into the 8 pin thingie? It kinda fits

edit: oh wait, here is a 2 pin thingie that fita to the 6 pin thingie into the 8 pin thingie.

How uh... old and powerful is your PSU?

Dr Dogg

Hahaha I'm trying to work out what you mean but the 8pin cable leading to you motherboard is likely your CPU power. You could if you don't have any PCI-e power leads from your PSU use some molex to PCI-e converters but in this day and age they're really ghetto. So first things first what leads do you have coming out of your PSU? In total including those in use.

Well going by the way it was revealed and presented either Ubi has seen the light as that was quite an honest reveal of a game clearly in the stages of development they never let the public clap eyes on. That or the game is going to be a horrendous mess and I've dropped a clanger.

Omega

Banned
I thought you were referring to in-game items. My bad.

oh nah. preordering for items is something I always thought was stupid. they're almost always meaningless anyway

If I can get the game cheaper than usual at launch and I want the game anyway then I'm definitely preordering

Tizoc

I myself am wondering if it'll be a mess like Unity, and I'm sad to say I would like it to be so just so consumers would get the fucking message to Ubi to stop doing this shit.

Chariot

D:

How uh... old and powerful is your PSU?
It's like one or two years old and got 550 W.

Hahaha I'm trying to work out what you mean but the 8pin cable leading to you motherboard is likely your CPU power. You could if you don't have any PCI-e power leads from your PSU use some molex to PCI-e converters but in this day and age they're really ghetto. So first things first what leads do you have coming out of your PSU? In total including those in use.
I don't know what you want to tell me, but I think I got it running. Could be wrong though. Atm I am installing drivers on a horrible, but very cinematic resolution.

edit: ah, my resolution is again as it supposed to look and my second monitor works again. Wonderful.

Li Kao

So uh, is The Crew even barely alive anymore ? I get the urge to tick some boxes but knowing that the thing is always online, if events can't be beaten because of a lack of players...

I have been on the fence about Planetary Annihilation for awhile but it's 6 bucks now. I remember the kickstarter and watching some of it but, man I don't know.

Arthea

I'm asking about Interplanetary because I already have it and it interests me, just I'm not an EA person, so I wanted to know how finished it is and such.
Anybody?

edited: 20 minutes to Capcpom HB, this week for real

How are you all able to get excited for another Assassin's Creed game? Having never played one, I can't help but feel it's been the same game with a different skin for almost a decade now... and somehow it became this massive franchise along the way.
I'm asking about Interplanetary because I already have it and it interests me, just I'm not an EA person, so I wanted to know how finished it is and such.
Anybody?

No one pays attention to Early Access games anymore. Too much utter dross on the service.

The creator of one of their biggest franchises, there to apply for a job. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, Gooseman hasn't exactly set the world on fire after his departure. He's got a lot to prove. Though we don't know how this works, did Kelly Bailey have to re-apply or did he just send a mail to Gabe lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom