• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Much better.

Now switch month and day

Nope :p But i need to figure out how to highlight conferences that tetchily will be next day in EU and ROW. For example Bethesda or PC conferences are on date that i wrote in US but they are next day in rest of the world :D

r3n4ud

Leftovers from various bundles. Let me know if I fudged up any keys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for r3n4ud:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Beyond Gravity -- MB-E5C8418BED87E573 - Taken by darkchewie
The Journey Down Chapter 1 -- MB-E45CC5B5232B6BAB - Taken by Belgarion
Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-F4BE335124EA2072 - Taken by MicroByter
Deponia -- MB-640F8CB79F2DEB83 - Taken by Kuroyume
Stranded -- MB-A1FD249E0977BED1 - Taken by derExperte
The Night of the Rabbit -- MB-33E88376ECDDC6F0 - Taken by anastef
The Last Tinker -- MB-D871DD84A39CB743 - Taken by Chreznor
About Love, Hate, and the Other Ones -- MB-5DBB45F703886D8F - Taken by chronomac
Cubetractor -- MB-999AF90FA3AE23C4 - Taken by lindarasta
1954 Alcatraz -- MB-E7595D5D0364EC9F - Taken by nightstorm
Plasma Being -- MB-4B72A7C0CCFB253E - Taken by Saty
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-32F7865295316285 - Taken by Lobogris
Sword of the Stars The Pit Gold Edition -- MB-B52D424B9774AFA8 - Taken by PunishedSnake

Phinor

As far as I'm concerned, if Bethesda doesn't announce Fallout 4 releasing this November, then E3 was a failure.

I can accept October as well. But basically Fallout 4 is the game I'm waiting to see at E3 and hoping will save the rest of the year.

Vlad

I keep hearing Flash is good, but the pilot really sucked and you're all probably liars

It's been a while since I've seen the pilot, but I can wholeheartedly agree with anybody else who says that the show is really, really good. I'm always skeptical about getting into shows on CW, since the ones I've tried watching in the past have followed the "first two and last two episodes of the season advance the plot, the other 18 are just kind of there". Smallville was hideously guitly of this from what I saw of it (gave up somewhere around the fourth season), and also had the annoying "people getting conveniently knocked unconscious as soon as they see Clark use his powers" thing which got old fast.

The Flash does none of this.

True to the title character, the show MOVES. While it does start out with a "monster of the week" format, it quickly moves beyond that once they establish the status quo, and start really moving the plot along. Another bonus is that the Mandatory CW Love Triangle is kept to a minimum. You know how in shows like Supernatural, Smallville, and Arrow (only saw about 10 episodes of Arrow, so apologies if this has changed) the last scene of the episode is usually yet another heartfelt angsty conversation between two of the main characters? In The Flash, the final scene is more along the lines of the post-credit MCU scenes: fairly interesting revelations that hint to future awesomeness.

em5PSJW.png

K2RxGWS.png

38gyxbG.png

HZQjelJ.png

F57JOvk.png

wp79lux.png

U3cQmKC.png

Are those better now? :D If you have any other suggestions or requests please feel free to write them :D

I'm gonna be honest guys, i think we already know who the winner of e3 is(before someone decides to be a wise ass I mean who will have the best conference), clearly itll be Bethesda. That sweet sweet Fallout 4 will be announced with a god damn GAMEPLAY trailer and right when it ends.... HOLIDAY 2015...

Naamloos-1.gif

Believe.

Grief.exe

Superhero media was a mistake.

It's nothing but trash.

Not far from the truth

I'm gonna be honest guys, i think we already know who the winner of e3 is(before someone decides to be a wise ass I mean who will have the best conference), clearly itll be Bethesda. That sweet sweet Fallout 4 will be announced with a god damn GAMEPLAY trailer and right when it ends.... HOLIDAY 2015...

Naamloos-1.gif

Believe.

Prediction.

Attributes and perks gone. Gamebryo 2015.

derExperte

Quick, someone buy my DOTA2 Free to Play Collector's Pack. Only one on the market. Last chance ever. Only 380€.

Also no further rollbacks so far.

Tenrius

Uhm, I don't think you are allowed to post pictures in public...

Oops, my bad. I just a clicked a link in my email, didn't really read any rules. Removed, hopefully everybody who was interested got a chance to take a peek :p

They unbundled game series and created new entries for expansions and episodic chapters. Also, when I had the client scan my instal folder, it put 800 shortcuts on my desktop. It does work, however. They are adding category folders soon. But yes, if you have 100s of games installed it's messy.

I mostly meant the general layout. The library has pretty much always been like this in the web version.

I keep hearing Flash is good, but the pilot really sucked and you're all probably liars
flash is pretty cool, better than arrow imo. but it suffers from the same issue arrow does, too much time is wasted on his love life, way too much time. we all know he gets the girl by the end, no one care, move on from that nonsense please. which is why imo Daredevil is top fucking tier when it comes to super hero shows. they had like what 2 of those shitty ass scenes compared to arrow/flash which waste like maybe half the episode with it.

Prediction.

Attributes and perks gone. Gamebryo 2015.

stahp.

Bethesda's GOTTA move past Gamebryo, right? Only one being held to tighter is Telltale Tool.

Yes, but to what? the RAGE engine, from all reports, doesn't lend itself well to the open world nature of their games and given some of the performance issues we saw with Evil Within, a rather linear game compared to your typical beth RPG, well, i just dont know.

Wolf TNO was a bit weird on my PC, i remember trying to get triple buffering to work with it was not very pleasant.

Bethesda's GOTTA move past Gamebryo, right? Only one being held to tighter is Telltale Tool.

I'd argue Bethesda is holding their engine tighter. even when skyrim comes out they were boasting it was a new engine and shit and you know... lets be realistic here, thats just a modded gamebryo... I really hope they move on to a better engine as well tho, PLS GOD LET THEM MOVE ON TO A BETTER ENGINE!!

and it will take place only in the washington subways

i actually liked the subways in fallout 3, made the world feel bigger.

Dr Dogg

Why did I download the FFXIV Heavensward Benchmark? It looks so purdy but I've got a backlog to whittle down :(

Sometime I wonder if you're a real Doctor, rolling in dosh, buying SSDs and artbooks left and right.... :eek:

Just payday splurging before the adult things have to be paid for.

It's on UE4 I wouldn't worry. It's not going to be some crazy arsed cobbled together engine like Deadly Premonition used.

yuraya

Bethesda will probably have the best conference.

Fallout 4
Doom 4
Dishonored 2
Elder 6

Even if they unveil half of those I think they will win E3. Seeing how their conference lasts an entire hour I wouldn't be surprised if they showed all 4.

so, since it's been 7 years since Fallout 3 came out and, for many folks, Skyrim was a more recent and possibly first beth RPG they've played...

how long soon after Fallout 4 is finally revealed until someone calls it Skyrim with guns?

ModBot said:
Instructions for MicroByter:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MicroByter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-DFD8DD9F36B11623 - Taken by Avinexus. 1 entrants total.
The Journey Down: Chapter Two -- MB-270BFE76C5FD4140 - Taken by Catshade. 6 entrants total.

t1430492101z1.png

Go for it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
so, since it's been 7 years since Fallout 3 came out and, for many folks, Skyrim was a more recent and possibly first beth RPG they've played...

how long soon after Fallout 4 is finally revealed until someone calls it Skyrim with guns?

I guess I just assumed that be the game's official tagline.

MadGear

Yes, but to what? the RAGE engine, from all reports, doesn't lend itself well to the open world nature of their games and given some of the performance issues we saw with Evil Within, a rather linear game compared to your typical beth RPG, well, i just dont know.

Wolf TNO was a bit weird on my PC, i remember trying to get triple buffering to work with it was not very pleasant.

Isn't the new Doom supposed to run on the next ID Tech engine? If so I would guess that more of Bethesdas projects for this console generation will make use of the in-house engine given that it performs well enough to meet the requirements of a specific game.

Dsyndrome

Why can't I turn into a werewolf? Why can't I shoot dragons with my plasma rifle? That mutant's just a palette-swapped Frost Troll. 1 / 10.

rtcn63

If they add dinosaurs, people will just call it Skyrim with dinosaurs.

flash is pretty cool, better than arrow imo. but it suffers from the same issue arrow does, too much time is wasted on his love life, way too much time. we all know he gets the girl by the end, no one care, move on from that nonsense please. which is why imo Daredevil is top fucking tier when it comes to super hero shows. they had like what 2 of those shitty ass scenes compared to arrow/flash which waste like maybe half the episode with it.

Yep. Let's not pretend the Flash is anything more than it's network forces it to be. Teen drama with an interesting superhero mythology and inconsistent writing.

Here's the real question... if and when they do move on to a real new engine, will they still keep mod support? Holding on to Gamebryo for 10+ years is one reason why all their games have had mods. Who knows what happens in the future. I'm fairly certain Fallout 4 is cross gen and Gamebryo, but the Elder Scrolls 6 won't be. That's when we'll see a new engine, if at all.

Also, they better have a full blowout reveal of Doom 4. It's starting to feel like vaporware.

Yep. Let's not pretend the Flash is anything more than it's network forces it to be. Teen drama with an interesting superhero mythology and inconsistent writing.

Here's the real question... if and when they do move on to a real new engine, will they still keep mod support? Holding on to Gamebryo for 10+ years is one reason why all their games have had mods. Who knows what happens in the future. I'm fairly certain Fallout 4 is cross gen and Gamebryo, but the Elder Scrolls 6 won't be. That's when we'll see a new engine, if at all.

Also, they better have a full blowout reveal of Doom 4. It's starting to feel like vaporware.

I really, really doubt itll be crossgen. Given the shitshow that Skyrim was on those machines, they're probably more than happy to move on to machines better capable of handing games of their scope.

one more...

ModBot said:
Instructions for MicroByter:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MicroByter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

About Love, Hate and the other ones -- MB-B3546807F4BD53D0 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.

t1430493902z1.png

I really, really doubt itll be crossgen. Given the shitshow that Skyrim was on those machines, they're probably more than happy to move on to machines better capable of handing games of their scope.

Let's assume they started working on it properly after Skyrim shipped. That would be some time in 2012. A project being greenlit back then (a full two years before the new consoles released) would almost certainly also target the 360/PS3. It's possible they might change their minds and go next gen only some time during development but I'm pretty certain it started it's life as a crossgen game.

As for Skyrim being a shitshow on old consoles... they didn't give a damn about it then and they won't now. There are quite a few crossgen games these days where the old console versions are miserable and nobody cares.

derExperte

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-D82150CB0C5AD107 - Taken by GaussTek
About Love, Hate and the other ones -- MB-BF00D802B20C07F7

Forgot NOTHANKS. So no thanks. And now I edited while Moddy was editing.

Let's assume they started working on it properly after Skyrim shipped. That would be some time in 2012. A project being greenlit back then (a full two years before the new consoles released) would almost certainly also target the 360/PS3. It's possible they might change their minds and go next gen only some time during development but I'm pretty certain it started it's life as a crossgen game.

As for Skyrim being a shitshow on old consoles... they didn't give a damn about it then and they won't now. There are quite a few crossgen games these days where the old console versions are miserable and nobody cares.

Given that they've more than likely changed their engine this time around, I could see a lot of preproduction time spent simply adjusting to and modifying tools to accommodate their needs. That could've taken anywhere between several months to a year, and that's not including that they were probably not fully staffed since they were putting out Skyrim DLC. I could see most of 2012 being simply R&D and preproduction time and that Fallout 4 didn't really get into full production until maybe as late as early 2013. I dunno, i don't see them doing a last gen version at all given that's a move they've never done before with their own games. The only possibility would be a Shadow of Mordor or Titanfall thing where they simply hand that over to another dev to handle while they soley focus on developing the current gen version

Avinexus

This game is still in beta right? The email I found them in is only a month old.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta Key #4 -- MB-CE7AFEA4901FFF9E - Taken by Bayonetta
Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta Key #1 -- MB-2B492C5C5D076880
Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta Key #3 -- MB-E881E5201335C4EF
Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta Key #2 -- MB-3735F8B4CC49FF61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom