• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

guys, stop buying DMC4 SE, just stop, I'm serious!
you think it's easy to resist when you all buy it
please, stahp

Wait what? Visceral are working on an unannounced SW game? That is awful news. That means it probably won't be an rpg. Ughh Bioware needs to be the one making SW games. I know they are busy with ME but I hope they get to work on a SW game as well. They are the only ones under EA helm that can restore balance to the force and make an epic rpg. Visceral is probably just making some space shooter or action game :(

Jedi Outcast > KotOR

yuraya

You say this like the Dark Forces saga didn't exist :(

I'm sure wtvr they make will be decent. I just think Bioware deserves to shine with the license. Star Wars universe needs an epic 100+ hour rpg.

Who am I kidding tho. Its EA. They'll probably just milk SWTOR instead for the rest of the decade and call it a day :(

rtcn63

Invisible, Inc.

Guys, you gotta get it. It's amazing.

I just got the pun

invisible-ink.jpg

Chariot

I just got the pun

invisible-ink.jpg
Wow.

WOW.

I got the game since EA and never. NEVER. EVER. Got this. Oh my god. It's like... jesus.
Reading this review http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/05/12/review-invisible-inc/147925/ makes the game sound very complicated and difficult. Not sure if I'm ready for that right now.
I didn't get that far and didn't play it for months, but I think it was fairly easy to graps the mechanics. It's complex, but not complicated. Difficulty is another thing tho.

Uzzy

Fish and Chips, Chicken Tikka Masala, Roast Dinner, Warm Beer, Earl Grey Tea and a picture of the Queen. That's how to be British.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh man, I just lost my save file in AdVenture Capitalist and of course when I shut the program down it cloud-saved my empty game. Gonna try booting it up on another PC later (that I've played on in the last few days) and see if I can recover the local file, otherwise I'm noping out of this one.

rtcn63

Oh man, I just lost my save file in AdVenture Capitalist and of course when I shut the program down it cloud-saved my empty game. Gonna try booting it up on another PC later (that I've played on in the last few days) and see if I can recover the local file, otherwise I'm noping out of this one.

A venture capitalist who lost his investment. You took a chance.

The Witcher 3 review thread is up.

10 (Gamespot), 90 (PC Games - Germany), 9.75 (Game Informer), 9.3 (IGN), 9.8 (GameTrailers) and YES (Kotaku) so far.
I want to play the first two games beforehand to see how the series improved. Good to see there won't be a major bad surprise.
Humble Paradox bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • War of the Roses Kingmaker
  • Magicka + Other Side of the Coin + Horror Props
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1
  • Victoria II
  • Magicka Wizard Wars Platypus Robe
TIER 2: BTA
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Impire
  • Crusader Kings II + Sons of Abraham
TIER 3: 15$
  • Europa Universalis IV + Conquest of Paradise
I don't have Magicka, only a weird Alienware Wizard Wars thing, but other than that the 1€ tier does nothing for me.
The other tiers might be cool for strategy lovers who don't own anything.
Holy shit that was odd watching some folks at Ubisoft hold their hands up over Unity. Yes it's on Polygon, get over it. It's just a video.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/12/8593359/ubisoft-mess-assassins-creed-unity
That was a real cool watch.

I totally forgot that today was the new AssCreed reveal. Gonna watch the whole thing on youtube.

Reading this review http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/05/12/review-invisible-inc/147925/ makes the game sound very complicated and difficult. Not sure if I'm ready for that right now.

The gameplay isn't all that complicated. It can be hard because resource management is a heavy element and there's no way to save-scum like you typically can in games like this.

The main thing I had to keep reminding myself is that the game is a stealth game at heart. There's no reason to seek out and neutralize the enemies. In fact, that's a horrible way to go about it, which is also atypical for that type of game.

The presentation is slick as hell and the "cyber" vibe is present throughout, from menus to in-game tactics. I need to put more time into it.

Panda Rin

I would cry if I lost mine.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Publishers think Swery's next game idea is 'perverted'

It sounds amazing

I'd be perfectly content with a conclusion to Dark Dreams Don't Die, but Hidetaka "Swery" Suehiro's idea for a new game sounds bizarre, original, and worth exploring. Here's how he described it in an interview with GameCentral: "a story about a high school girl detective who uses the imagination (fantasizing) energy from masturbating to help her solve murders."

Unsurprisingly, publishers haven't been receptive. The typical response? "There's no way we could put out such a perverted game!" If Swery won't say it, I will: #ThanksObama.

The director was also asked about a possible return to Greenvale. One day, perhaps. "Deadly Premonition is always on my mind," he said. "But I have no idea what form it'll take, when it'll appear, who I'll work on it with, or how I'll present it. The only answers are in the coffee."

Dr Dogg

Because i clearly haven't bored you all to tears with my AssCreed fetish here's some not so slightly hidden details.

z8jTHAY.png

So judging by the Helix 4.0 strap line there assume the present day guff is still in. Jacob sounds like a more accomplished Assassin's than these wussy trainee's and little lost lambs. Plus he's got a gang called The Rooks.

I'll pop the rest in quote tags as it's just the toys he gets to play with.

And yes I love Steak and Kidney pies, crave Cornish Pasty's, quite partial to a bit of Spotted Dick, have eaten 12 Yorkshire Puddings on their own and have eaten a bag of Jellied Eels and not thrown up.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
And yes I love Steak and Kidney pies, crave Cornish Pasty's, quite partial to a bit of Spotted Dick, have eaten 12 Yorkshire Puddings on their own and have eaten a bag of Jellied Eels and not thrown up.

told ya ;) you're literally more British than the Queen ;)

Because i clearly haven't bored you all to tears with my AssCreed fetish here's some not so slightly hidden details.
I had no clue you were into AssCreed series so much.

Must have been awesome to get so many titles frequently. Especially the last years. 3, Liberation, Black Flag, Freedom Cry, Unity and soon Syndicate.

Dr Dogg

I had no clue you were into AssCreed series so much.

Must have been awesome to get so many titles frequently. Especially the last years. 3, Liberation, Black Flag, Freedom Cry, Unity and soon Syndicate.

I'm am the Badger lady for AssCreed. Of course if you haven't seen a particular sketch by comedian Dave Gorman this reference would be lost on you :p

(I'll try and find a clip but I don't think any exist).

So what is a Bloody Norah? Sounds gross.

It's an expression of surprise. So in context "Bloody Norah! Did you see that?". A more vulgar turn of phrase would be Fucking Hell.

"We're sorry, please buy our new game." EA does the same shit.

Pretty much. Jim Sterling covered it in an Jimquisition right around the time of Unity and its 'troubles' and low and behold here we are, an apology in video form with a sales pitch added on the end.

EA & Ubisoft: A Cycle of Perpetration and Apology

I would say that's a rare time he's ahead of the news but it's not exactly like this is a new thing for see this coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom