• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Power Drive 2000 has been green-lit on Steam in a week! Not too bad! Thanks to everyone that voted for the game!

Tomorrow, the Kickstarter campaign will hit its 1/3 mark. At 17% of its total funding goal, it's definitely lagging behind. But don't give up on the fate of Power Drive 2000 just yet! Since launching the campaign, the game has garnered a lot of exposure and recognition, which has connected me with very many cool people and companies. I won't specifically say what's coming up until it's a done deal, but it's exciting and could turn the tides of the campaign even in its late stages. I'm also nearing completion of an alpha demo track, which I will soon showcase. Things are looking up!

Another cool announcement: Power Drive 2000 has been inducted into the rooster of Super Indie Karts! Here's a little taste of a Power Drive 2000 track done up in mode7.

RUbuNKf.jpg

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Just got Toren off Nuuvem for $6.80, went to download... and remembered that I'm in a hotel until Friday and am stuck with their internet connection. 1.0GB at 238KB/S is gonna take a while... :(

I played a few rounds of tf2 and streamed F1 the last time I was in a hotel. Not too shabby.

whats the word on Toren, if any

It's a game.
It's out.
You can buy it on Nuuvem.
People have undoubtedly posted reviews *somewhere* in the mess of tubes known as the internet.

Yeah, that! Though, I also have the original on 360 as well, so I guess it'd be triple dipping actually...

I'll probably pass, I've got an ever-growing list of games I want to get again and nowhere near enough money to buy 'em anyways.

I don't agree. It's all mixed up and upgraded and stuff. While it may be a "special edition", it's essentially a new game as far as I'm concerned.

And you better fucking buy it. :3

The thing is though it has been pretty much bang on reliable for the past 5 years, way more in fact. Even Capcom themselves used to have an incredibly close $ to £ conversion. It's been the last 18 months where things have started to deviate. First Activsion started to sway and then so did Ubisoft and now others are starting to as well. All of these were out of step with current exchange rate and local economic factors and seems to be more about pushing what they can get away with more than anything else. Go check the prices for most of what's on Steam and you'll see that UK prices have on average shot up to be the most expensive more often than not when not too long ago for big budget titles they were mainly cheaper than US ones.

Oddly Sega still swings in our favour as do WB on their base games but charge more for DLC and Season Passes. Swings and roundabouts, I have my price that I'll buy it at but I'd love to hear Capcom's, among others, reasoning on price per region (not that it will ever be forthcoming)

Heh, I wasn't meaning like that, exactly.
I'm just talking about how people bitch about the 1:1 price ratios between UK/US/EU/Whatever sometimes and tend to think that because the exchange rate is <whatever> that the game shouldn't be priced as it is in their country.

Some people have a legitimate bitch here, and I'll grant them that, but automatically assuming you're in the right to say you're being taken advantage of because you didn't get the USD price converted to your local currency based on the current exchange rates is nowhere near the absolute truth blanket statement people treat it as.

I'll be honest with you it could be the jankiest Ubifest to date and advertised as final footage and I'd still have swooped in like I did. AssCreed, my not so guilty pleasure, set in my country of origin, in a city I know intimately and in an era of history I'm quite familiar with? I was sold on the promise from Kotaku's ropey footage.

Nah, I think you did right man. Buy what you like. If it excites you and you're worried about some of that Ubi/Steam bullshit you've seen before, you did right, as far as I'm concerned at least.

And bravo to you for having the best AC game I've played so far perma-installed.

Jumped on this faster than I could throw my wallet at the screen.

I keep throwing my wallet at the screen, but it doesn't seem to make the game add to my account...

Seriously though, good taste, as always.

Should've went with this Frye

Tve6160-6-43.gif

Personally, I like this Fry(e) the best:

--

Random: Was there any reason (rewards/unlocks/etc.) whatsoever to play the "nightmare" retro levels in Wolf:TNO?

Just as a quick follow-up to my Letter Quest impressions, I managed to beat the story in 10 hours (and by that I mean collect all 120 yellow stars and all 40 red stars.) Apparently you can restart the game in expert mode once you beat the first boss in level 23, but I haven't tried that. They were clearly expecting a little more playability since I got all the stars without getting the achievement for "spell 2000 words"...let alone the one for "spell 3000 words." I'm not sure if I'll even want to grind that many words. Also I imagine it'll be pure luck to get the "win a round with 1 health remaining" achievement. Not sure if I'll try to get them all, but hey, if achievements are important to you, that's what you're in for.

derExperte

Just as a quick follow-up to my Letter Quest impressions, I managed to beat the story in 10 hours (and by that I mean collect all 120 yellow stars and all 40 red stars.) Apparently you can restart the game in expert mode once you beat the first boss in level 23, but I haven't tried that. They were clearly expecting a little more playability since I got all the stars without getting the achievement for "spell 2000 words"...let alone the one for "spell 3000 words." I'm not sure if I'll even want to grind that many words. Also I imagine it'll be pure luck to get the "win a round with 1 health remaining" achievement. Not sure if I'll try to get them all, but hey, if achievements are important to you, that's what you're in for.

someguywhoknowswaymorewordsthanme

I played much longer than you and still didn't get the 2000 achievement. I also had to cheese the timed stages by pausing the game. :/

ybjpry.gif

Warm and heartful wishes to our friend frost for today is his earthen anniversary!
Hope no one blew your candles my friend :)

Gran-Torino-2008-Clint-Eastwood-pic-6.jpg

Can't help but imagine him to celebrate in a similar fashion.
Even though he is in reality such a swell, nice guy :p

Happy birthday corrosivefrost!
Now party on! :D

tumblr_lp94rnFP461qdezf9o1_400.gif

someguywhoknowswaymorewordsthanme

I played much longer than you and still didn't get the 2000 achievement. I also had to cheese the timed stages by pausing the game. :/

I didn't cheese them, but I did fail a timed stage by running out of time exactly once. Most of the stages, though, the time they give you is pretty generous. There was one stage that gives you 4 minutes, and I finished in less than 2:30.

It's also not about knowing a lot of words (though I probably do,) it's about knowing which words are good for clearing rarer tiles. Words I went back to several times: exit, exile, vault, vaunt, joe, avow, flax. And of course, all of those with suffixes on them (vaunted, flaxen, exiles, etc.) Once you get the tougher tiles out of the way, making good words with what's left is easier.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- MB-739AAA1CA5CC2554 - Taken by 7Sins

Anteater

Finished force unleashed, game is really janky when it comes to close combat, and you kind of do a lot of them in the game.

I like the overall concept and gameplay of it, and messing with force power, I still think the light saber combat was good enough but don't deserve to be the major focus as enemies don't particularly do anything interesting when you fight them, most have like 1 attack, and the others are all projectile based enemies, you end up stunning them and do combos on them til they die as your light saber attacks have pretty long start up and recovery. While manipulating objects are far more interesting but not reliable if you have to fight a lot of enemies that are sniping you.

The game could use a few more months of development, as I run into a lot of collision problems and so did the enemies... sometimes they get stuck so much that the AIs would give up and just stand there, sometimes you fall through the ground, sometimes they turn invincible when they're stuck among other things, I guess the randomness of it kind of fascinates me enough to continue, watching enemies just stumble on objects and collapse to the ground never stopped being funny, but it could also be frustrating when shit happens to you and you get stuck in a stun lock.

The game do offers a lot of stuff like costumes and such, and I really like how starkiller gets a new costume every level. Graphically it looks kind of nice and I like the environments and star wars aesthetics .

I don't regret playing it, it's fun mostly with some dumb sections, judging from the demo I played of the sequel, I think I'll pass on that, unless it's priced at a dollar or two or playing it on family sharing.

Tizoc

hAPPY B-day to my homie Corrosive...who I'm still waiting to remove me from his Ignore List ToT

Also who here is double dipping on MGS5 PP? I'm getting Steam/PC, my brother is getting PS4.

I'm not saying it's my birthday, but if it was my birthday, I'd have to complain about a severe lack of presents.

---

Unrelated -- has anyone heard from Yakkue lately? I know she was posting in here when I got banned asking why and all that jazz, but I haven't heard from her on Steam or seen her in here since I started paying some semblance of attention to this site again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom