• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, if Assassins Creeds had even a percent of the originality and vision Swery's games have it just might not be the most tepid series around.

"Story about some guy and now a girl who do things so investors can solve money problems while masturbating with 100 dollar bills"

rtcn63

The sad thing is, that complexity would probably alienate the current (cash chow) userbase. I'm guessing they're purposely evolving the gameplay of the series incrementally over a lengthy period of years as not to lose them, but still keep things somewhat fresh, and to bring in newer, more discerning players.

Dr Dogg

Last AssCreed post for the night honest. If you're in the US (maybe North America) there's a new promo for Synduicte becasue don't we just love those!!!!

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/rewards/

It tells me to fuck off because I'm not for there but it's kind of a social interaction and not so subtle 'please market our game for us' website where you can win swag!

Video to detail the stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RWdrt3ykls

Edit: And so I don't come across as a dirty liar and make another post here's the Rogues gallery behind AC Syndicate.

Ubisoft Quebec, in collaboration with Ubisoft Annecy, Bucharest, Kiev, Montreal, Montpellier, Shanghai, Singapore, Sofia, Toronto studios

Fj0FbJK.png

Wow, you guys are fast!

Tizoc

I just now realized that I had planned to play and finish Witcher 1 and 2 prior to playing Witcher 3.

I can just ump into it and play a-ok without any background right?

ammmvm.gif

Wonder if this means there will be a system like MGS where you build a "clan"?
Well, keeping the aesthetics in mind rather a gang ;)

dffxqb.gif

This looks like a fun traversal method. Reminds me of Just Cause 2. That's a good thing!

Because i clearly haven't bored you all to tears with my AssCreed fetish here's some not so slightly hidden details.

z8jTHAY.png

So judging by the Helix 4.0 strap line there assume the present day guff is still in. Jacob sounds like a more accomplished Assassin's than these wussy trainee's and little lost lambs. Plus he's got a gang called The Rooks.

I'll pop the rest in quote tags as it's just the toys he gets to play with.

And yes I love Steak and Kidney pies, crave Cornish Pasty's, quite partial to a bit of Spotted Dick, have eaten 12 Yorkshire Puddings on their own and have eaten a bag of Jellied Eels and not thrown up.

Well sorry to put your enthusiasm down but In the IGN live stream discussing the game, they said that you
probably play Jack the ripper hence the name Jacob and Jack's victims were templars too.

Dr Dogg

Well sorry to put your enthusiasm down but In the IGN live stream discussing the game, they said that you
probably play Jack the ripper hence the name Jacob and Jack's victims were templars too.

Let's be honest here, when the fuck do IGN know what they are talking about? This is from the guys who said you 'can't really see the benefits of 1080p unless you have a 100" TV' no less. Yeah not even on my bottom list of places I go for any insight on anything, ever.

Let's be honest here, when the fuck do IGN know what they are talking about? This is from the guys who said you 'can't really see the benefits of 1080p unless you have a 100" TV' no less. Yeah not even on my bottom list of places I go for any insight on anything, ever.

True and I hope what they said is false too otherwise the game would have zero interest and envy for me to play.

Holy shit that was odd watching some folks at Ubisoft hold their hands up over Unity. Yes it's on Polygon, get over it. It's just a video.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/12/8593359/ubisoft-mess-assassins-creed-unity

I like how they think their mistake was that they were too ambitious and talk about how bad it made them feel. Even when they were talking about the players they somehow made it about themselves. Less of an apology and more of a pity party I'd say.

Speaking of Unity, did they ever bother to fix the game properly or is it more of "Thanks for the money suckers. Be sure to buy the next game" situation?

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Commando Jack -- MB-5B5F058E5C253C65 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Dogfight 1942 -- MB-3D1BF4025E8F9375 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 2 entrants total.
Strategic War In Europe -- MB-FE512E6089A93B1B - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Jagged Alliance: Crossfire -- MB-C493F2D482CC6731 - Taken by spindoctor. 3 entrants total.
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss -- MB-5F0A088595F86445 - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.
Panzer Tactics HD -- MB-B809500A4C7A387F - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Air Guardians -- MB-C3C2E9AE3E9388CF - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Battleplan: American Civil War -- MB-CD9C8D1031C3A1DC - Taken by Avinexus. 1 entrants total.
Thunder Wolves -- MB-1F2543E7F0F451B4 - Taken by thereisnoif. 1 entrants total.

t1431465581z1.png

Some stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

ROBOTEX -- MB-AF2B0EEA99784BC9 - Taken by Purkake4
Tales of the Orient: The Rising Sun -- MB-6AD39B71FE62DB11 - Taken by redlacs
ERADICATOR -- MB-F7A10553DCDC9598 - Taken by KainXVIII
Doorways: Chapter 3 -- MB-F40DDA41A03B0511 - Taken by derExperte

Haunted

Is anyone playing Toren? Thoughts?
eh.

Very janky, graphically a mixed bag, sometimes it looks nice but most times it's pretty ugly, doesn't control particularly well, either.

This might be a bit of a deep pull, but instead of managing to remind me of the great games it obviously was inspired by (chiefly Ico), it reminded me of the two-week Amnesia Fortnight prototype of The White Birch.

If you're looking for something in a similar vein (slower paced 3D exploration/platformers with a pinch of puzzling and an emphasis on mood and cinematic presentation), I would recommend games like Never Alone, Brothers or Papa & Yo over it.

Li Kao

Well, if we base ourselves on the traditional level of video game writing, I would say that the theory would make sense unfortunately.
Victorian London + generic writting = Jack the ripper is included.
There is the name, Jacob.
And like someone said somes pages back, we could shift the playing character midway in favor of the half sister.

I surely don't want that, as it's uninspired as hell, but it's uninspired enough to be real T_T

Dr Dogg

I like how they think their mistake was that they were too ambitious and talk about how bad it made them feel. Even when they were talking about the players they somehow made it about themselves. Less of an apology and more of a pity party I'd say.

Speaking of Unity, did they ever bother to fix the game properly or is it more of "Thanks for the money suckers. Be sure to buy the next game" situation?

Hahaha same old story, fuck up, fess up, please cough up. I even linked Sterling's video a couple of posts after when he talked about EA's, UBi's and Moly's cycle of apology.

Well I was 2 months late to the Unity part so I can't really talk for earlier experience and what it performed like but it's always been pretty rock solid for me
granted on a couple of grands worth of hardware. You'd bloody well hope it would run

Well, if we base ourselves on the traditional level of video game writing, I would say that the theory would make sense unfortunately.
Victorian London + generic writting = Jack the ripper is included.
There is the name, Jacob.
And like someone said somes pages back, we could shift the playing character midway in favor of the half sister.

I surely don't want that, as it's uninspired as hell, but it's uninspired enough to be real T_T

Well the Ripper murders were 1888-1891 and Syndicate's timeline starts at 1868 so we'll see how that pans out. Either Ubi are being a little economical with historical events (not the first time) or IGN can't fact check for shit :p

Li Kao

Hahaha same old story, fuck up, fess up, please cough up. I even linked Sterling's video a couple of posts after when he talked about EA's, UBi's and Moly's cycle of apology.

Well I was 2 months late to the Unity part so I can't really talk for earlier experience and what it performed like but it's always been pretty rock solid for me
granted on a couple of grands worth of hardware. You'd bloody well hope it would run

Well the Ripper murders were 1888-1891 and Syndicate's timeline starts at 1868 so we'll see how that pans out. Either Ubi are being a little economical with historical events (not the first time) or IGN can't fact check for shit :p

Oh, I checked that, but it wouldn't be the first time the series spans several years in one episode.
Again, blergh, I hope I don't give enough credit to the writing team.

Edit - Is it me or is Steam dead ?

Chariot

It appears somebody was born a few years ago. So let us celebrate the anniversary of one of the least hot members of this community. The man or woman or other who complains a lot. Raise your glasses, bottles and horns and toast to our brother or sister or other. May he be blessed with average or above children and of course a big, fat, smelly steam library.

*sparkles* Frost. *sparkles*

Dr Dogg

Oh, I checked that, but it wouldn't be the first time the series spans several years in one episode.
Again, blergh, I hope I don't give enough credit to the writing team.

Personally I think it's a huge leap in logic to tie the two together and more smacks of the first thing that came into that persons head when thinking about Victorian London was Jack The Ripper. Not the start of the World Fair's, not the Wonders or Exhibitions, not the death of Charles Darwin, not several fires (not the Great Fire though as that was 1660 something) or epidemics. No Jack The Ripper. And let's be fair every protagonist of an AssCreed has been dull as ditch water so to be a blank canvas for the player to project onto so to give him a murderous slant would be going waaay way out there.

Dsyndrome

Just got Toren off Nuuvem for $6.80, went to download... and remembered that I'm in a hotel until Friday and am stuck with their internet connection. 1.0GB at 238KB/S is gonna take a while... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom