• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Finished force unleashed, game is really janky when it comes to close combat, and you kind of do a lot of them in the game.

I like the overall concept and gameplay of it, and messing with force power, I still think the light saber combat was good enough but don't deserve to be the major focus as enemies don't particularly do anything interesting when you fight them, most have like 1 attack, and the others are all projectile based enemies, you end up stunning them and do combos on them til they die as your light saber attacks have pretty long start up and recovery. While manipulating objects are far more interesting but not reliable if you have to fight a lot of enemies that are sniping you.

The game could use a few more months of development, as I run into a lot of collision problems and so did the enemies... sometimes they get stuck so much that the AIs would give up and just stand there, sometimes you fall through the ground, sometimes they turn invincible when they're stuck among other things, I guess the randomness of it kind of fascinates me enough to continue, watching enemies just stumble on objects and collapse to the ground never stopped being funny, but it could also be frustrating when shit happens to you and you get stuck in a stun lock.

The game do offers a lot of stuff like costumes and such, and I really like how starkiller gets a new costume every level. Graphically it looks kind of nice and I like the environments and star wars aesthetics .

I don't regret playing it, it's fun mostly with some dumb sections, judging from the demo I played of the sequel, I think I'll pass on that, unless it's priced at a dollar or two or playing it on family sharing.

Yeah there isn't much reason to play 2 unless like you said it's dirt cheap at some point.
Did you get to the DLCs?

I'm not saying it's my birthday, but if it was my birthday, I'd have to complain about a severe lack of presents.

---

Unrelated -- has anyone heard from Yakkue lately? I know she was posting in here when I got banned asking why and all that jazz, but I haven't heard from her on Steam or seen her in here since I started paying some semblance of attention to this site again.
Yakkue is doing fine. Has some real-life work taking time & concentration (and Gaf-time) away.

Anteater

Yeah there isn't much reason to play 2 unless like you said it's dirt cheap at some point.
Did you get to the DLCs?

hmm, i think it comes with DLCs, I have the ultimate sith edition, didn't try them though.. I deleted the game, lol are they worth going through? I thought they were just costumes or something.

Jawmuncher

hmm, i think it comes with DLCs, I have the ultimate sith edition, didn't try them though.. I deleted the game, lol are they worth going through? I thought they were just costumes or something.

I've been going on about those damn DLCs since you started playing the game lol.
If it's already deleted don't bother. They're all kinda short. Unless the idea of fighting Luke, Obi-Wan, and Boba Fett appeals to you.

we got a new numba 1

BxzUspz.png

damn its number 1 and 5.

Thanks, guys! My team and I have been hard at work for a while trying to push it out the womb-door!
I'd like to tell you what other GAFFER co-designed it, but that rat bastard won't tell me who he is!

Great, more shovelware!

Yes, because it's not like you'll have to pay for it.

Cth

Sorry, catching up, bear with me..

---

Congrats!

Happy Birthday!

Condolences!

Best Wishes!

Hang in There!

I Agree!

Disagree vehemently!

And, for that guy on Page 138.. "No, just.. no."

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Sorry, catching up, bear with me..

---

Congrats!

Happy Birthday!

Condolences!

Best Wishes!

Hang in There!

I Agree!

Disagree vehemently!

And, for that guy on Page 138.. "No, just.. no."

that sound you hear just now is all the people switching back to page 138 ;)

Jawmuncher

Oops! Sorry.

Army of Tentacles: A Cthulhu Dating Sim!

A lot of the UI and dialogue art is still temp, the game itself will still be a while. Polishing the final bits of code.

Honestly did not expect to be lit up until it the game was 100%. We were not doing so great in the votes. But now we can rock on Steam day one!

UHH YES PLEASE
8120C580B3F74BBF6E568628AA3654282CB198BB

Why is this the first I have heard of this. How did I miss this. Hell if I squint it's almost Dino Crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom