• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Look corrosive-chan, another silly thread in GD!

Also I can never get enough of this
3328775-grant-morrison.jpg
The answer to everything is easy tho.

Speedforce.

BruteUA

Everyone says this is really good. According to Steam, I bought my copy exactly a year ago.
I've never played it.

It's a Humble gift link.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alpha Protocol -- MB-AECFC495D35C7F63 - Taken by Madn. 11 entrants total.

t1432245252z1.png

that's ok .... he doesn't read any posts that don't contain some graphics, screenshots or references to one of the game engines anyway

It would be very hard for me to read all comments with long texts in just one big long thread with many pages with comments each second while reading otehr threads, and multitasking. It seems you always take it personally, while you shouldn't. ;)

I get same treatment in many other threads and sites and I do repeat my comment for those who didin't read it without getting upset.

Maniac

Banned
I am now playing W3 without HUD and i love it. I am playing on Normal but without HUD it is a bit harder because you can't see Stamina and Health or enemy health. It is awesome experience. For example i was wandering around WO and stumbled on hidden house where i got quest and later i completed that quest when i found place where i had to be to complete that quest. Sense of exploration is way better without HUD and mini map waypoints :D

Hardcoooore. I'm going to disable the map markers and such once I continue a bit later today, but I couldn't for the life of me play it without the entire HUD, I'd never survive since there's not a lot of feedback for stuff like stamina, health and potions etc.

Either way, I do love that sense of exploration aswell. And I've been avoiding using the map for a bit and wandering into a bandit camp, or finding the treasure you've got notes & clues for without the marker is just... Really exciting, imo.

TW3 is the best RPG in fucking years. I'm in love.

Extra Extras!
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stacking -- MB-23F4AC83C62A2FA4 - Taken by trailmix16. 2 entrants total.
The Novelist -- MB-40F57E8302CE4E2D - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-44AFAB1CA64D9171 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-14F1A59360DCB73A - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.

t1432236612z1.png

Nerves are really getting to me for a job interview I have in a few hours. Been nervous all week. Can't wait to come home and play some games afterwards.

Maniac

Banned
Get a room.

Seriously though, it's pretty awesome. Anxious to see how the patch made things.

Going by anecdotes from friends, it's reduced the performance-hit from HairWorks quite significantly, although I'm not sure just how interesting that is for the majority. I still doubt I can play it and get a decent FPS, so I'll continue to leave it be.

dex3108

Hardcoooore. I'm going to disable the map markers and such once I continue a bit later today, but I couldn't for the life of me play it without the entire HUD, I'd never survive since there's not a lot of feedback for stuff like stamina, health and potions etc.

Either way, I do love that sense of exploration aswell. And I've been avoiding using the map for a bit and wandering into a bandit camp, or finding the treasure you've got notes & clues for without the marker is just... Really exciting, imo.

TW3 is the best RPG in fucking years. I'm in love.

It is not that bad just eat/drink something after battle if you got hit or meditate and Health will be fine :D And after some time you will know how long it take for each sign to refill Stamina bar :D

Benedict

It's past 9 p.m. and the sun is still up here. Summer is coming.
Enjoy.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Stacking -- MB-45E3553AFF2AC089 - Taken by Megauap
Syberia -- MB-629A22C1CCCC0558 - Taken by City 17
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-3D482E51E91D6E3E - Taken by Vlad

Lomax

Between the three games, pretty close to 100k people playing the Witcher series on Steam right now, quite impressive. I really should uninstall Guild Wars 2 and go finally play through Witcher 2.

I dunno...

I never liked Ocelot much, I never cared for Big Boss... add in a bunch of "interesting" things Kojima wanted to try out that I just found annoying (eating, changing camo, etc.) as well as the most boring set of bosses/villains (again, some interesting concepts, but I don't think any of them were really home runs) and it just didn't do it for me. The last battle was pretty cool, but dealing with all the stupidity to get there just wasn't worth it for me.

The original MGS will always be my favorite.
I loved a lot of MGS4, so that's probably holding second.
As much as I was pissed off about the bait and switch with MGS2 at the time, it gave us my absolutely favorite MGS universe character (which lead to MGR:R, which is just amazeballs). Coupled with looking back on some of the shenanigans Kojima pulled with MGS2 now, it's absolutely brilliant.

So that leaves 3 as this boring prequel to stuff that focuses on a character I don't care about with a story I don't care about in an setting I don't care about with a bunch of bosses that are interesting but nothing on the level of MGS 1 (or even 2) at the end of the day.

So yeah, to me, boring. And worst of the console games for me.
Add it to the list of the stuff the masses adore and I just do not like.

4 better than 3? Now I have seen everything.

4 had some problems, sure, but the core gameplay coupled with some of the fantastic nods to previous entries was more than enough for me. If I go replay any MGS games, it will be 2 and 4 for the trophies, or maybe I'll try to pick up PW HD again (doesn't help that it killed my second PS3, much as MGS4 killed my first). MGS3 is at the bottom of the MGS play/replay list, especially since I still need to check out GZ.

4 is a great FMV game with amazing anime characters who are long winded and frying a bunch of eggs and stuff.

Wait, there was a game there? Hold on, my controller turned off while i was watching this adult man shit his pants for comedic effect.

Jawmuncher

I won't side track steam thread like I do every time when I bring up MGS4. But the only positive I can give it overall is gameplay improvements. Pretty much what you said about 3 which can be applied to 4 sums it up.

Nerves are really getting to me for a job interview I have in a few hours. Been nervous all week. Can't wait to come home and play some games afterwards.

The way I always think of it is if you got the interview, they must be interested in you and think you may be worth hiring. It's just up to you to go in and show them they're correct. Easy. :) Good luck!

rtcn63

The way I always think of it is if you got the interview, they must be interested in you and think you may be worth hiring. It's just up to you to go in and show them they're correct. Easy. :) Good luck!

I've encountered interviews where the person hadn't even seen your resume until the second both of you sit down. HR may think you're a possible, but you really have to treat it going in like the interviewer at first glance wouldn't choose to fuck you lopsided with a titanium dildo.

yep never played it before

Risen is such a fun game, it was my first Piranha Bytes game. Apparently the Gothic games by them were better but they're kinda old now and Risen is pretty fun, pirate rpgs aren't exactly a common thing. Risen is a bit clunky--characters models, animation, combat and more--but they're trying a game of ambitious scale, an open world rpg with I don't even know how much time, money or people. This is what people called "euro jank" even though Bethesda and its games are a thing, there used to be a lot of small European developers trying to make ambitious role playing games on the pc.

The world of Risen looks awesome, it's this lush tropical island. The open world is easily the most commendable thing in Piranha Bytes games. It was pretty fun to explore because it doesn't scale everything to your level, you could end up in a place you weren't supposed to be and die. I also liked how it gave you choices about which faction to serve but, kind of like The Witcher, neither were exactly a good choice.

Took me a solid 50 hours to beat but I had a lot of fun playing it, never got into the sequels quite as much.

I've encountered interviews where the person hadn't even seen your resume until the second both of you sit down. HR may think you're a possible, but you really have to treat it going in like the interviewer at first glance wouldn't choose to fuck you lopsided with a titanium dildo.

True, I've had those too. I just mean it as a way to psych yourself up so you don't get nervous, regardless of what the reality is. Confidence goes a long way.

Khronico

Good luck, interviews can be pretty nerve wracking (been through 4).

----

Kinda tempted to get that bundlestars bundle for grid/drakensang/battle of sol. How's grid compared to the newest one, autosport? Is it still worth playing? I've been craving a solid track based racing game.

I'm so thrilled with tw3 so far. Tw2 was fantastic, but between having read all of the novels since then and all of the new features, changes, and graphics, it's incredible to be back in "the continent.

I'm also pleased to see that my 7850 (with big overclock) is able to push my closest guess at ps4 settings at 30fps so far. I think it looks great.

I think I need to stop lurking the performance thread though,because I'm a spoiler-phobe and hate seeing people reference towns and such that you visit later.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixel Puzzles: UndeadZ -- MB-CE8F3890233967F7 - Taken by fuzzy123
The Battle of Sol -- MB-252349B0C9BB5421 - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Pressured -- MB-7ACCE3275C502901 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Stacking -- MB-DBB55C8F103D8136 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Bedlam -- MB-D0B6A5702FF917EA - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
DarkEnd -- MB-B7AD10C424EF5619 - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
Hassleheart -- MB-66A26EA1F193DAE4 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 3 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-FCEFDD60AB25E56E - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
The Novelist -- MB-487EFF0392C02B20 - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
Gunspell -- MB-853DAA7AAC7E1777 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Bardbarian -- MB-6BE4B3CF95467596 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Droid Assault -- MB-22BE03EECA748701 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-04836316822C8A5C - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-A565CE50FDBD7AA3 - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
z -- MB-69A2C24B271FCDAE - Taken by Santerestil. 1 entrants total.
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-5EA35CB2B65BC1C3 - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.

t1432240032z1.png

For those who've played Alpha Protocol- any issues with gampad support or general stability issues? For $1...

I played through it entirely with my 360 pad and it was fine.

Stability was also pretty rock-solid aside from a few in-game spawn bugs (enemies stopped spawning, or wouldn't spawn, etc.).

Performance was decent too. I even went and did some .ini tweaks to make it less ugly and it still ran at a solid 60 FPS on my old 770.

Miguel81

I dunno...

I never liked Ocelot much, I never cared for Big Boss... add in a bunch of "interesting" things Kojima wanted to try out that I just found annoying (eating, changing camo, etc.) as well as the most boring set of bosses/villains (again, some interesting concepts, but I don't think any of them were really home runs) and it just didn't do it for me. The last battle was pretty cool, but dealing with all the stupidity to get there just wasn't worth it for me.

The original MGS will always be my favorite.
I loved a lot of MGS4, so that's probably holding second.
As much as I was pissed off about the bait and switch with MGS2 at the time, it gave us my absolutely favorite MGS universe character (which lead to MGR:R, which is just amazeballs). Coupled with looking back on some of the shenanigans Kojima pulled with MGS2 now, it's absolutely brilliant.

So that leaves 3 as this boring prequel to stuff that focuses on a character I don't care about with a story I don't care about in an setting I don't care about with a bunch of bosses that are interesting but nothing on the level of MGS 1 (or even 2) at the end of the day.

So yeah, to me, boring. And worst of the console games for me.
Add it to the list of the stuff the masses adore and I just do not like.

3 came across as a much darker game, and it got me a lot more emotionally invested in it. The End is one of the more memorable boss fights. 4 was that sequel that disappointed me, and I wish my expectations for it were different. The first two acts, and various other high moments make it a definite playthrough, though.

Another Batman AK Pre-Order bonus

CFjjQ_QXIAItY7X.jpg:large

I loved the Beyond skin from City a lot more.

Salsa

also; my credit card expired but I got the new one already and I gotta update the expiration date

... how do I do that

gives me no option apparently. do I just delete it and add it all over again?

edit: nvm think I found it

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Armoured Priest, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crossfire Dungeons #4 -- MB-B9230744FC18BD9C - Taken by Locust. 6 entrants total.
Crossfire Dungeons #3 -- MB-E1EBFA81CD774D49 - Taken by pahamrick. 7 entrants total.
Crossfire Dungeons #2 -- MB-FE4D37086B42B66E - Taken by Kurt Russell. 18 entrants total.
Crossfire Dungeons -- MB-38C7888F11118B27 - Taken by topyy. 7 entrants total.

t1432244772z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom