• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

What's a good portable table for use with a laptop? Mind you my laptop is HUGE, like bigger than the average one so a biggish table would prefered. I would like one for when I'm sitting on the floor if possible, but one that I can carry around with ease would be good
Here are some I found online
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...ie=UTF-8#q=portable+table+for+laptop&tbm=shop

project cars for 30 bucks

Tsk, when's DMC4...

Hmm bunch of repeats and nothing for me :/

Lomax

Shadowrun Hong Kong has a Steam page now, $20 pre-order price, and according to the most recent Kickstarter update is now feature complete. I really do need to get around to playing Dragonfall.

SSPssp

WB games aren't showing up on Nuuvem anymore. Can anyone from South America check Nuuvem? Are all the WB games like Batman missing for you too? I guess WB wised up?

louiedog

header.jpg

So this new game came out on Steam today. Anyone get a chance to try it yet?

I've only played about 10 minutes so I don't have much to say, but so far it's completely about story which is fine because I like the one it's telling. I haven't gotten any hint of new wave sci-fi or cyberpunk that's in the store description and that's what I'm most interested in.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Another Perspective -- MB-5F6A25C222B8006F - Taken by Vlad
Fly'n -- MB-C0C69C844DD01360 - Taken by Cyldman
Hassleheart -- MB-D057F36627B63400 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Bardbarian -- MB-26B5F66425A20394 - Taken by Rafy
Drakensang -- MB-7E7C7C282F5B862D - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Grid -- MB-06306A180670A87D - Taken by Eanan
Droid Assault -- MB-08E227D5AFEE7F8E - Taken by SSPssp
Hero of Many -- MB-72BEA76917C4955B - Taken by madjoki
Leviathan: The Last Day of the Decade -- MB-61006677A2C10B76 - Taken by Catshade
Helldorado -- MB-5C6CDDF19CEFE76F - Taken by crazyrabbits

I hate that this game doesn't get enough love. Sure, speccing a certain way makes the bossfights shit, sure the Mass-Effect-1 era of crappy tps-rpg combat was already out of style when it came out, but very few games have balanced narrative choices and impact better than AP.

Fuckin' loved every second of my pistol-stealth run. wrecked everything lol

Best time to buy Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall DC ?
Or just ignore Returns and only get Dragonfall DC ?

if youre at all interested in Returns then buy and play it first because it's going to be tough to go backwards once you play dragonfall.

Rafy

I've only played about 10 minutes so I don't have much to say, but so far it's completely about story which is fine because I like the one it's telling. I haven't gotten any hint of new wave sci-fi or cyberpunk that's in the store description and that's what I'm most interested in.

hmmm, I'll keep that in mind. Let me know what you think when you get further in the game.

Lomax

Best time to buy Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall DC ?
Or just ignore Returns and only get Dragonfall DC ?

I think at this point most people say to just ignore Returns and go with Dragonfall. That said, Returns is only 10-15 hours long so you might want to knock it out first if it interests you.

Ban Puncher

If EA wanted to maximise sales whilst not looking like they gave up on the dick waving contest with Valve, they could always release their new games for RRP on Steam and $10 cheaper on Origin.

Eanan

WB games aren't showing up on Nuuvem anymore. Can anyone from South America check Nuuvem? Are all the WB games like Batman missing for you too? I guess WB wised up?

I bought Lego LOTR a few days ago and never got a key so emailed them, and they got back to me today and cancelled the order stating they have no estimate for new keys or if they will get anymore.

Make of that what you will.

JaseC

If EA wanted to maximise sales whilst not looking like they gave up on the dick waving contest with Valve, they could always release their new games for RRP on Steam and $10 cheaper on Origin.

Reportedly Valve has implemented a policy that states a game's base price outside of Steam cannot be lower than the base price on the Steam Store, but even assuming this to be true, EA could just regularly discount Steam keys on Origin and more or less never discount the games on Steam itself. I mean, theoretically, there'd be no issue with EA putting its Origin library on to Steam but selling keys via Origin at 10% off for, like, a month. It's technically a sale, after all.

SSPssp

WB seems to be missing from the publisher listing at the bottom of the front page and if you go to the previous link, it just takes you to all games.

www.nuuvem.com.br/produtos/publisher/warner-bros

I hope this is only temporary.

I bought Lego LOTR a few days ago and never got a key so emailed them, and they got back to me today and cancelled the order stating they have no estimate for new keys or if they will get anymore.

Make of that what you will.

Oh man, I hope that doesn't affect my Batman pre-order.

Oh man, I hope that doesn't affect my Batman pre-order.

if WB pulled out then youre pretty much SOL. I'm not shocked, people were getting their games for like ~$1 when on sale and now every time they have a decent sale there are threads for them on Gaming.

Making a thread on gaming might as well have been sending an email directly to publishers themselves to let them know that they're not making enough of the money.

Shadownet

Banned
May I add you guys on steam or something?
Yes, only because you like Spirited Away

Just tried out Witcher 3.

Goddamn, what a darn terrible combat system. It's a jankier Assassin's Creed + magic. Sadly they didn't learn anything from Witcher 2 combat-wise sadly.

It does look pretty good and the quests so far were fun.
I hated it at first too, but once I learned to slow it down. Its a lot better. Like you have to be more methodical than just spamming buttons. Wait for them to attack, counter or dodge then retaliate.

Urban Car Culture? Are we getting Fast & Furious the game?

JaseC

if WB pulled out then youre pretty much SOL. I'm not shocked, people were getting their games for like ~$1 when on sale and now every time they have a decent sale there are threads for them on Gaming.

Making a thread on gaming might as well have been sending an email directly to publishers themselves to let them know that they're not making enough of the money.

Assuming for the moment that WB has exited Nuuvem, it could have asked Nuuvem to lock the games down further, a la R* and GTAV.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hahaha bear in mind I say this like a complete hypocrite who has an unhealthy Hearthstone and FF Record Keeper addiction. We all have our guilty pleasures.

personally i love playing barbies in rpgs so i love f2p. if microtransactions were actually a little more micro (aka buying crap for $1 instead of buying $10 worth of potatocurrency) i'd be all over those things

gross

looks like a spider

...BUT You still have to pay to play the game with that skin :V
well yea

wouldn't be fair to riot after making the best thing ever if i didnt

wow that was quick

hope it goes cheaper at one point, first tot game i find interesting

buy this ppl

dont be stupid

They're poor villagers, as you said. What are they going to do with a super sword? Of course they should give it to me, a damn witcher. Also give me that super suit.

hate it

SSPssp

Assuming for the moment that WB has exited Nuuvem, it could have asked Nuuvem to lock the games down further, a la R* and GTAV.

Yeah, I'm not surprised, I figured it was just a matter of time. Well, I didn't use Hola or anything so I guess I'll just get a refund if that's the case.

Jawmuncher

No batman or cheap lego jurassic world.
dammit.

Funny enough this will probably push me to get a new card so that way I can get batman with it for free.

IGN posted a new video (YouTube) of Rocket League, detailing the majority of the features they have in store for it. The devs are consistently forward-thinking with overall functionality and they have a good head on their shoulders with regards to gameplay balance. Psyonix could've realistically pushed it out on Early Access too - Rocket League will also be heading to PC FYI - if they wanted to after having played around with the PS4 beta, since the level of polish already present is reminiscent of Killing Floor 2. Surprising amount of depth to the vehicle controls as well once you can wrap your mind around it, especially for how straight-forward its premise is. Can't wait for this to hit this Summer now.

hbrzyz.gif
vlrqpr.gif

Teggy

I have to say my biggest pet peeve on gaf are people who post,

"somegame, the thread."

and nothing else. What a worthless post. And 80% of the time it's "Dark Souls, the thread", of course.

No batman or cheap lego jurassic world.
dammit.

Funny enough this will probably push me to get a new card so that way I can get batman with it for free.

I'm willing to take bets that Batman runs better than da witcha 3 and i'm pretty sure any card will handle the Lego games just fine for a loooonnngggg time.

what card are you currently rocking?

Jawmuncher

"somegame, the thread."

and nothing else. What a worthless post. And 80% of the time it's "Dark Souls, the thread", of course.

All of my Dino Crisis threads have meat to them. Thus why I think i'm able to get away with them.

I'm willing to take bets that Batman runs better than da witcha 3 and i'm pretty sure any card will handle the Lego games just fine for a loooonnngggg time.

what card are you currently rocking?

A 660. Which i'm pretty ok with. The 2gb seems like a limitation, but i'm still managing better results than the consoles it seems.

MUnited83

For you.
Yes, only because you like Spirited Away

I hated it at first too, but once I learned to slow it down. Its a lot better. Like you have to be more methodical than just spamming buttons. Wait for them to attack, counter or dodge then retaliate.
That's how I play it, still terrible. It's Assassin's Creed 1 jankyness + magic. Ain't fun sadly. At least the more modern AC games got great animation work in the combat(despite the combat being bad). The Witcher one is just janky, looks bad and plays bad. Meh :/

A 660. Which i'm pretty ok with. The 2gb seems like a limitation, but i'm still managing better results than the consoles it seems.

660 is definitely getting long in the tooth. Still, I'd hold out till the end of the year since that's when they tend to pack in 2-3 games with a new card instead of the typical 1 game they do the rest of the year.

iosefe

IGN posted a new video (YouTube) of Rocket League, detailing the majority of the features they have in store for it. The devs are consistently forward-thinking with overall functionality and they have a good head on their shoulders with regards to gameplay balance. Psyonix could've realistically pushed it out on Early Access too - Rocket League will also be heading to PC FYI - if they wanted to after having played around with the PS4 beta, since the level of polish already present is reminiscent of Killing Floor 2. Surprising amount of depth to the vehicle controls as well once you can wrap your mind around it, especially for how straight-forward its premise is. Can't wait for this to hit this Summer now.

hbrzyz.gif
vlrqpr.gif
i have gotten into the beta. so freaking good.

gonna be real fun to play against gaffers maybe?

kinda wish they went with Supersonic acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars 2

Teggy

All of my Dino Crisis threads have meat to them. Thus why I think i'm able to get away with them.

No, I mean that's literally the post they make as a response to a thread.

"Souls, the thread"

"Kirby, the thread"

With no explanation whatsover. It's like, "thanks for making your thread OP, here I will end your thread sufficiently with 3 words."

Just grinds my gears.

That's how I play it, still terrible. It's Assassin's Creed 1 jankyness + magic. Ain't fun sadly. At least the more modern AC games got great animation work in the combat(despite the combat being bad). The Witcher one is just janky, looks bad and plays bad. Meh :/

Weird, sounds like we are playing different games. I think that CDPR improved the combat quite a bit since TW2.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

"somegame, the thread."

It is hardly my fault when the OP's title asks me to name a game by From Software and also, curiously, to pick between different methods of repairing a hole in fabric.

MUnited83

For you.
Reportedly Valve has implemented a policy that states a game's base price outside of Steam cannot be lower than the base price on the Steam Store, but even assuming this to be true, EA could just regularly discount Steam keys on Origin and more or less never discount the games on Steam itself. I mean, theoretically, there'd be no issue with EA putting its Origin library on to Steam but selling keys via Origin at 10% off for, like, a month. It's technically a sale, after all.

Isn't that policy for Early Access games only though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom