• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Isn't that policy for Early Access games only though?

Yeah, but madjoki said back in March that it now applies to all games. He didn't provide a source, though, which is why I prefaced the post with "reportedly". Policy additions/changes and the like get posted to the Steamworks dev group, so once Cheesecake and I get the GAF VN up on Greenlight and it's greenlit, I can go digging for myself. ;)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

JaseC

May I add you guys on steam or something?

Sure.

Edit: One last spare:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mysterious Space -- MB-0C4BE1188CD8C641 - Taken by SalsaShark

We would like to officially announce that our dark fantasy FPP game Hellraid will not be released this year as previously planned...
Well that doesn't sound so...
...and the development of the game has been put on hold.
Oh.

I don't even remember what Hellraid is. What is Hellraid, SteamGAF?

Salsa

P3x1H6k.png

ZAipM3w.png

GTQL2xc.png

truly a garbage person

edit: thanks for the game btw you filth

Turfster

Humble Adventures 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Secret Files Tunguska
  • Stacking
  • Syberia
  • The Novelist + Extras
TIER 2: BTA
  • Night of the Rabbit
  • Broken Sword 5
  • Always Sometimes Monsters
TIER 3: 8$
  • The Raven Legacy of a Master Thief
  • Blackwell Epiphany

JaseC

P3x1H6k.png

ZAipM3w.png

GTQL2xc.png

truly a garbage person

145 hours well spent! Well, actually, it's much less since I accidentally left Uplay running overnight at least once or twice, so I was still considered in-game (something that has since been changed).

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
  • Secret Files Tunguska
  • Stacking
  • Syberia
  • The Novelist + Extras
  • Night of the Rabbit
  • Broken Sword 5
  • Blackwell Epiphany

Hard to say no to The Novelist for a buck, even though I heard iffy things about it from people who tend to like the weird stuff I do.

Also reminds me that I still need to play Always Sometimes Monsters.

MUnited83

For you.
  • Secret Files Tunguska
  • Stacking
  • Syberia
  • The Novelist + Extras
  • Night of the Rabbit
  • Broken Sword 5
  • Blackwell Epiphany

Blackwell Ephany is the only one I don't own, so eh. Great bundle though, I recommend it!

inm8num2

Good bundle but I'm only missing Secret Files: Tunguska and Blackwell Epiphany. I'll definitely get the latter in the Steam summer sale.

Tizoc

• Secret Files Tunguska
  • Stacking
  • Syberia
  • The Novelist + Extras
  • Night of the Rabbit
  • Broken Sword 5
  • Blackwell Epiphany

Tsk, if it were all the Blackwell games in Tier 3, it'd be better.

Chariot

Uh that's a pretty good bundle.

Is the Arkham Origins DLC any good?
Which one? Cold Cold Heart? It's supposed to be ok. I wouldn't know. I had two gamebreaking bugs within five minutes, one literally when I could first move in the game and never touched it again.

inm8num2

Hmm, I own all the Blackwell games except Epiphany but haven't played any of them.

Play them! All the Blackwell games are really good, getting better as the series goes on (I haven't played Epiphany yet).

How is The Raven?

Also pretty good - it does lose steam story-wise in the second and third chapters, though. The puzzles and gameplay are solid.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Games from bundles:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Another Perspective -- MB-6669AD9F5BE92238 - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.
Helldorado -- MB-43C94E577273B328 - Taken by BruteUA. 3 entrants total.
Bardbarian -- MB-98E6767AC9A390C9 - Taken by Couchaddict. 1 entrants total.
The Novelist -- MB-D8A207852012CFFF - Taken by nightstorm. 6 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-24246C015D882310 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
Droid Assault -- MB-E79EE57D71DDF15C - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Leviathan: The Last Day of the Decade -- MB-197B3F4CC59DE352 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-951B851E5676FE3D - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
The Night of the Rabbit: Premium Edition -- MB-E330D95FA5EBAA2D - Taken by Natty1. 3 entrants total.
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-E1FDE3AC7317D16E - Taken by GaussTek. 3 entrants total.

t1432233132z1.png

I've used it to farm almost $500 worth of trading cards since I made it. As far as getting in trouble, just be sure not to run Idle Master while connected to a VAC-enabled server and you'll be fine. Also, having it running while playing other games isn't recommended because it can drastically reduce the drop rates of cards.

If you run into any issues, feel free to let me know.

Thanks! I've got it running now, seems to be working great!

It's been a while since I did one of these

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (YianGaruga, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stacking -- MB-0A4286AACA3E5097 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
The Novelist -- MB-0CB15226DFF2682D - Taken by ussjtrunks. 5 entrants total.
The Night of the Rabbit -- MB-3586FE5715AAA8F4 - Taken by Zeeman. 6 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-7FBAC263E39AE47F - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-4E79AAE52264C16F - Taken by Bayonetta. 2 entrants total.

t1432233312z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Played it. It was a good experience, but it's one of those games where you don't have fun and that's kind of the point. Still, at least it's got gameplay.

Also only play it once. It becomes really easy to spot the choices that actually matter and the choices that have no influence at all when you play through it a second time.

Ibuki

Banned
The mobile site for Humble won't let me checkout! At least it seems to be a day long deal so I can grab it once I'm home.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

:lol

OH NO!!! ; _ ;
Dear Hellraid fans,

We would like to officially announce that our dark fantasy FPP game Hellraid will not be released this year as previously planned, and the development of the game has been put on hold.

In the recent months we conducted an internal analysis and came to the conclusion that Hellraid, in its current shape and form, is not meeting our own expectations for this project. Therefore, we decided the best course of action would be to send it back to the drawing board and invent our dark fantasy title anew.

In the meantime, we will consolidate our development resources and focus on further expansion of our Dying Light franchise.

We wish to thank all our fans for your support – you’re the best!

The best part is that you responded to lashman's other post :p

Buraindo

The Oranges DLC isn't very good. It's hard and unfun for a majority of it and pretty buggy at times, too.

Which one? Cold Cold Heart? It's supposed to be ok. I wouldn't know. I had two gamebreaking bugs within five minutes, one literally when I could first move in the game and never touched it again.

Well that sounds like it's not worth the hassle. I guess I can say that my time with Arkham Origins is over. Thanks.

definitely

it's one of the most personal and relatable games i've ever played and it's clever as fuck

I should probably get around to actually finishing it someday. It's not very long is it?

Hey all. Its been a while since I've been able to given anything away. This one is particularly special to me as its a game that I helped work on (As I've mentioned in some earlier posts I wrote some of the music in this game). I have a couple copies of the game to give away, so enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crossfire Dungeons #4 -- MB-B9230744FC18BD9C - Taken by Locust. 6 entrants total.
Crossfire Dungeons #3 -- MB-E1EBFA81CD774D49 - Taken by pahamrick. 7 entrants total.
Crossfire Dungeons #2 -- MB-FE4D37086B42B66E - Taken by Kurt Russell. 18 entrants total.
Crossfire Dungeons -- MB-38C7888F11118B27 - Taken by topyy. 7 entrants total.

t1432244772z1.png

dex3108

I am now playing W3 without HUD and i love it. I am playing on Normal but without HUD it is a bit harder because you can't see Stamina and Health or enemy health. It is awesome experience. For example i was wandering around WO and stumbled on hidden house where i got quest and later i completed that quest when i found place where i had to be to complete that quest. Sense of exploration is way better without HUD and mini map waypoints :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom