• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
look at dem L'Oréal wolves ;)

K9tXmPA.jpg
A6uSYyD.jpg

nice :)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of BruteUA, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alpha Protocol -- MB-AECFC495D35C7F63 - Taken by Madn. 11 entrants total.

t1432245252z1.png

Rocksteady should hire Warner Bros Montreal's character art team. That Batman Beyond costume looks terrible. It looks like that awful over-designed Nomura Batman figure. The only thing about it that's Batman Beyond is the logo slapped on the chest.

Nzyme32

Steam Client Beta Update - May 21

General
Shortened delay when reconnecting to Steam after waking from sleep or changing networks
Reduced amount of disk space necessary to decrypt a preloaded game
Fixed the "Quit" option in the offline-mode startup dialog box to quit Steam immediately
Fixed odd menu behavior when clicking between Steam windows while a menu is visible

Mac OS X
Reduced energy impact of leaving Steam running in the background

dex3108

Steam Client Beta Update - May 21

General

• Shortened delay when reconnecting to Steam after waking from sleep or changing networks
  • Reduced amount of disk space necessary to decrypt a preloaded game
  • Fixed the "Quit" option in the offline-mode startup dialog box to quit Steam immediately
  • Fixed odd menu behavior when clicking between Steam windows while a menu is visible

Mac OS X

Reduced energy impact of leaving Steam running in the background

Late XD But mine post is prettier :p

3 came across as a much darker game, and it got me a lot more emotionally invested in it. The End is one of the more memorable boss fights. 4 was that sequel that disappointed me, and I wish my expectations for it were different. The first two acts, and various other high moments make it a definite playthrough, though.

I loved the Beyond skin from City a lot more.

The End was a very annoying boss fight, but I did appreciate the alternate ways of taking him out. The Sorrow as an interesting concept too. But neither of them were really enjoyable to me. The only really enjoyable one was the one against The Boss.

--

I did too, but at least there will be a Beyond skin in this game. At least there IS a Beyond skin in AK. Holy schnikes, did I just say something positive about AK?

Rocksteady should hire Warner Bros Montreal's character art team. That Batman Beyond costume looks terrible. It looks like that awful over-designed Nomura Batman figure. The only thing about it that's Batman Beyond is the logo slapped on the chest.

Quiet you. At least there is a Beyond skin this time.

Someone help me out with these Shadowrun games.

Should I buy Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun: Dragonfall? What is Shadowrun Chronicles, and where does it fit in with the two above?

Turfster

Should I buy Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun: Dragonfall? What is Shadowrun Chronicles, and where does it fit in with the two above?

Chronicles doesn't fit.
It's the single player sort-of version of an MMO idea by a totally different company.

Returns is the first one and is a good starting point, but Dragonfall is a much better story and a much better game.

zkylon

zkylewd

just buy dragonfall

tho tbh i'm not sure if i would recommend either, the interface is so fucking bad (better in dragonfall but still) that i'm just confused how i managed to beat returns

...it's in a bundle.

so?

AHA-Lambda

Ugh, shit got real tonight steamgaf, got very drunk and introspective tonight with my best friend; took my back to 3 years when I was depressed and thought bout ending it.

Shit is fucked yo and I've had to much to drink >_>.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Ugh, shit got real tonight steamgaf, got very drunk and introspective tonight with my best friend; took my back to 3 years when I was depressed and thought bout ending it.

Get some fluids in ya and sleep.

rtcn63

Go have a quick wank and go to bed.

Chariot

Beware of Drowners. For they are the one true scourge of Witcher 3.
Hidden backstabbing drowners are the worst. More than once I finished a group drowners - or thought I did and suddenly I get a lot of damage from behind. Not always did I manage to tumble away and get battle ready again. Sneaky, sneaky drowners.

I'd buy NEON STRUCT if I hadn't just purchased the next Shadowrun because certain people won't shut up about it. I need another Steam card anyways, I want to buy DMC4 as well.

the fuck is happening in this? Frost has half of GAF blocked?

...it's in a bundle.

Occasionally I get these moments of weakness where I decide to let everyone off my ignore list... I just did that the other week. I think it was probably over 30 people at the time... now it's just 1 so far. ;)
I'm sure, however, a day will soon come when everyone starts getting on my nerves again... and then, well, refer to the webm. :D

I'd buy NEON STRUCT if I hadn't just purchased the next Shadowrun because certain people won't shut up about it. I need another Steam card anyways, I want to buy DMC4 as well.

Wait, what?
You bought any of those before DMC4SE?
BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK DONE!

--

Now @ Chapter/Act 3 in TW2.
I may not always love (b)Roche, but after the end of that chapter? I had his back.

Anteater

I think this was the first time I saw a videogame ad (TW3) in the theaters (Mad Max). And a lawnmower ad....

I've seen ocarina of time and its blocky ass n64 models on a big screen, that's the last time I've seen a video game trailer in a theater.

Risen is such a fun game, it was my first Piranha Bytes game. Apparently the Gothic games by them were better but they're kinda old now and Risen is pretty fun, pirate rpgs aren't exactly a common thing. Risen is a bit clunky--characters models, animation, combat and more--but they're trying a game of ambitious scale, an open world rpg with I don't even know how much time, money or people. This is what people called "euro jank" even though Bethesda and its games are a thing, there used to be a lot of small European developers trying to make ambitious role playing games on the pc.

The world of Risen looks awesome, it's this lush tropical island. The open world is easily the most commendable thing in Piranha Bytes games. It was pretty fun to explore because it doesn't scale everything to your level, you could end up in a place you weren't supposed to be and die. I also liked how it gave you choices about which faction to serve but, kind of like The Witcher, neither were exactly a good choice.

Took me a solid 50 hours to beat but I had a lot of fun playing it, never got into the sequels quite as much.

Yeah I've heard good things about it, combat looks like it's going to be hard tho.

Nerves are really getting to me for a job interview I have in a few hours. Been nervous all week. Can't wait to come home and play some games afterwards.
Best of luck and great success buddy!
I knew it was going to be full-exclusive since always but I'd still love to have it on PC. Looks like a really neat game.
Oh well. Not much you can do.
Ever wondered what it's like to browse SteamGAF as corrosivefrost?

Wonder no more:

http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/blockblockblockblockdone.webm

Special thanks to lashman for the help on getting this made. :D
lol was expecting something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom