• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?
image.php

:(

i was expecting
chloe to be dead to be honest so at least that didnt happen

Unicorn

So, in an effort to reach my gaming endgame goal of playing Dwarf Fortress and Crusader Kings 2 on the regular I have decided to build up my familiarity with such games by climbing the difficulty ladder of strategy/sim games. I started playing Tropico 3 because I loved the T4 demo on 360 years ago and the music is super fun. I have made it through the tutorial and will try sandbox and campaign stuff tonight. After, I'm thinking Civ IV or V.

This is after spending 3 hours trying to play CK2 via tutorial and watching a 3+ hour tutorial series by some guy on Youtube. I have also played about 4 hours of DF proper and about 2 hours of DF adventure mode. I just don't have the understanding to know the events that are happening in either game. DF I understand my aim, but I load CK2 and am immediately lost on what my first moves should be after assigning an ambition.

Anyone have their personal journey to complex strategy/sim games? I want to be invested in these genres, but they always elude me. They seem engaging and deep and infinitely repayable, but I just can't figure out how to "play" them in the first place. Maybe with some input of personal "success stories" I can discover my path into joining the ranks of strategic game enthusiasts.

It's funny because I love complex strategy board games such as Game of Thrones (and the card game!), Twilight Imperium, Arkham Horror, DnD 3.5, and other similar paper/board games. I just can't bridge the gap.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Backlogger, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Helldorado -- MB-707CB389963C3287 - Taken by electroflame. 7 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-644B666C6E742B32 - Taken by topyy. 7 entrants total.
Bardbarian -- MB-5ABE29A8B8B2B387 - Taken by bluechox2. 3 entrants total.

t1432266313z1.png

Salsa

the arkham dlc suits are dogshit since you can't use them till you beat the game with the regular one

awful, makes them completely pointless to me

wish you could use them from the get go at least in this game, since the batsuit looks to be the worst easily

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
the arkham dlc suits are dogshit since you can't use them till you beat the game with the regular one

awful, makes them completely pointless to me

wish you could use them from the get go at least in this game, since the batsuit looks to be the worst easily

You can use them from the beginning in Arkham Knight.

LuuKyK

Oops, just noticed I used the nolurker tag by mistake with modbot. Fixed, now lurkers can get it too. :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (LuuKyK, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-AB08A3DECDAD115C - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Bioshock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1432267093z1.png

Khronico

I'm dropping by just to say that the Bloody Baron questline in Witcher 3 is one of the best questlines in any RPG.

That is all, you may continue on with your lives.

Hopefully tomorrow I will actually start a Witcher 3 save and not restart it. I've been trying to play around with settings to see what worked and what didn't. Hairworks has to say goodbye for now (AMD 290x card so it's probably for the best anyway) and shadows & foliage distance (?) turned down to High. Everything else is on Ultra with HBAO+ turned on and sharpening off. That combo seems to be good when I tried it so I'll restart one more time to fully test it. After the bad experience with Project CARS I was hesitant to try TW3 but with the BST thread I got a good deal so I chanced it. Outside of Hairworks being a drain I'm actually really impressed so far with how it plays on my card.

One annoying thing is that so far I don't know of a way to take screenshots from within the GOG version using GOG Galaxy.

Shadownet

Banned
If anyone has a spare copy of Night of the Rabbit. PM me, I got a Washington with your name on it. :3 thanks! - Nevermind

Edit: frosty-senpai noticed me. thank you <3
------------
Also halp, I can't stop playing Witcher 3.

Miguel81

Hopefully tomorrow I will actually start a Witcher 3 save and not restart it. I've been trying to play around with settings to see what worked and what didn't. Hairworks has to say goodbye for now (AMD 290x card so it's probably for the best anyway) and shadows & foliage distance (?) turned down to High. Everything else is on Ultra with HBAO+ turned on and sharpening off. That combo seems to be good when I tried it so I'll restart one more time to fully test it. After the bad experience with Project CARS I was hesitant to try TW3 but with the BST thread I got a good deal so I chanced it. Outside of Hairworks being a drain I'm actually really impressed so far with how it plays on my card.

One annoying thing is that so far I don't know of a way to take screenshots from within the GOG version using GOG Galaxy.

Does Radeonpro not work with Witcher 3(for screenshots and FPS counter)?

Miguel81

Haven't tried it so no idea. It's not a major issue for me. It's just more of an annoyance that their isn't a screenshot ability so far. I know GOG's client is in beta so hopefuly once it gets more updates and all that it'll be there.

Gotcha. Radeonpro can be finicky with 64-bit programs/games from my experience, which is the main reason I asked. All you guys enjoy your Witcher 3, I'll be lttp again.

I bought a 4-pack of the game Insurgency. I want to give two copies to a friend to giveaway on his Twitch stream, if I do the e-mail my gift option to his e-mail with two copies, what will happen - will he get generated keys to give to people or will this not work?

KarmaCow

According to Steam, the discount on Resident Evil Revelations 2's complete season if you own the first episode expires on June 3rd. It seems odd that it has a cut off point, is there anything more to it other than just the discount offer expiring? I liked playing the first episode but I could wait to play the other episodes.

Copons

Good grief
.exe
, I'm about to go to my first damn proper job interview in like 8 months, with probably the most evil corporate company in the world, despite having basically swore years ago, that I would have never ever worked in a multinational/career-sharks setting, but only in super cool startups with people growing beards and wearing lumberjack shirts and playing table tennis instead of working.

Also I had to cut beard and hair, because the gal who met me for the preliminary interview explicitly told me "they're very formal tho, you shouldn't go there wearing what you're wearing today", killing all my self confidence and, eventually, my beloved beard. :'(

Good grief
.exe
, I'm about to go to my first damn proper job interview in like 8 months, with probably the most evil corporate company in the world, despite having basically swore years ago, that I would have never ever worked in a multinational/career-sharks setting, but only in super cool startups with people growing beards and wearing lumberjack shirts and playing table tennis instead of working.

Also I had to cut beard and hair, because the gal who met me for the preliminary interview explicitly told me "they're very formal tho, you shouldn't go there wearing what you're wearing today", killing all my self confidence and, eventually, my beloved beard. :'(

Sometimes you gotta work for the man, to earn enough money to comfortably fight him in the current economic climate of this day and age. Good luck dude.

Copons

Sometimes you gotta work for the man, to earn enough money to comfortably fight him in the current economic climate of this day and age. Good luck dude.

Thanks!
And yes, that's exactly why I'm doing this. :'(

also to pay the debt I incurred with my own startup, all beards and lumberjack shirts and playing table tennis instead of working, that surprisingly didn't work out at all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom