• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Looking so forward to it. I hope I can at least get the mainstory of Witcher 3 done until tuesday to get to Akiba, but I am get sidetracked by the amazing sidequests and openworld content >_<

I was on the way back to finish up a quest when I stumbled upon a dude with an overturned cart in the road and being attacked by a pack a wolves. This then turned into another little side quest the diverted me for turning in the one that would have progressed the critical path. So finished that up and headed off to finish the previous one when just around the corner from the NPC was another bloody quest, this time some dude who thought he was hard as nails and wanted a scuffle. Urgh, fine! So I smacked him about a bit and carried on some more.

Then I get to a flipping notice board just around the corner from getting this stupid quest off my back and see that some of them are on route so I feel obliged to do them whilst I'm in the area and hand them all in at once. To cut a long story short this goes on for 3 hours more and I still haven't handed in the fucking quest I started off with.

Chariot

I was on the way back to finish up a quest when I stumbled upon a dude with an overturned cart in the road and being attacked by a pack a wolves. This then turned into another little side quest the diverted me for turning in the one that would have progressed the critical path. So finished that up and headed off to finish the previous one when just around the corner from the NPC was another bloody quest, this time some dude who thought he was hard as nails and wanted a scuffle. Urgh, fine! So I smacked him about a bit and carried on some more.

Then I get to a flipping notice board just around the corner from getting this stupid quest off my back and see that some of them are on route so I feel obliged to do them whilst I'm in the area and hand them all in at once. To cut a long story short this goes on for 3 hours more and I still haven't handed in the fucking quest I started off with.
Haha, nice!

We're working on it still. Managed to fix a few of the more annoying bugs, that had been around for ages, last week. But there are still plenty left to squash.
Ah well, as long as the final game is going to be good and bug free I am happy. At the moment there are enough games flying around anyways, I am fine with you taking your time :D

Arthea

Phantom Breaker is 6&#8364; for me on Humble store and with Akiba so soon, it'll have to wait some more.

edited:
btw Indiegala gives Goat Simulator if you spend $20/&#8364;20.

dex3108

My experience: I will do this quest, hmm where the hell i should go my HUD is turned off, open map idiot, oh look i never was in this section of map. I decide to go there without horse, walking to desired point i stop and take 20-30 screenshots, fight few Drowners and other creatures. I arrive on my destination hour later. I start to explore and i find Monster nest, loot, hidden house where i get new quest and i take another 10-15 screenshots. Then i go to other section of the map on foot and by accident i finish quest that i got in hidden house, find hidden treasure and fight more Ghouls.

In short i spend more time wandering around doing nothing then playing game XD No HUD is way to go in this game :D

Locust

Regifting this because I ended up getting it from elsewhere. So thank Armoured Priest, not me. :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crossfire Dungeons -- MB-8D1B4CE5DB0E48F9 - Taken by bobnowhere. 5 entrants total.

t1432294455z1.png

Arthea

eh, it's not $4 on Nuuvem, it's $5, with my bank's conversion fee closer to $6, nah, I'll wait. Let's see Akiba price before spending any more money.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm sort of reluctant to defend Witcher 1 too strenuously since it's been so long since I replayed it, but I remember group stylin' through a horde of Drowners and watching all their bits and blood go flying as being pretty satisfying.

Finished The Witcher 2. That was a great game.
The credits are soooooooo long.
How are you people so darn fast with finishing games???

I am at Chapter II of Witcher 1 and already +18 hours.
I like Witcher 1's story, but I'm not really a big fan of its combat, I doubt I'll ever play it again.
Agree. I actually find a liking in miniscule side missions.

But the combat, wow. I had no clue that it was "rhythm-based".
Hope it gets more "direct" in sequels.

Finished Life is Strange episode 3...

akdgbasgbals

I did not see that whole scene coming!

Time travel through pictures and alter history...

gabbo

Since it's my birthday (and I'm way too old for my own good), I thought I'd pass along a little something to GAF as a way to celebrate.
Here's a game from my wishlist and hopefully off one of yours

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gabbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-78EC804A3A1A6CB1 - Taken by rtcn63. 77 entrants total.

t1432383014z1.png

Wolfie5

Didn't want to create a thread about this.

So, Prince of Persia (2008), I have been playing this game for a few hours now and the game is reaally feeling repetitive. Should I keep playing hoping for some improvement or is the game like this all the way to the end?

I mean
I have unlocked two "powers" and not much new is happening,other than you can access other areas. The enemies are few and far between and it looks like you can't die(?) as Elika keeps saving your ass and there doesn't seem to be any real challenge
. Is this it? It looks like it has ton of potential, but fails to deliver anything worthwhile. Someone tell me if it gets better, as I do love platform games.

Jawmuncher

Two times I have tried to play Witcher 1. It was choppy as hell both times and I didn't dig the combat. 3rd times the charm perhaps which will probably be the last chance I give it.

Jawmuncher

Didn't want to create a thread about this.

So, Prince of Persia (2008), I have been playing this game for a few hours now and the game is reaally feeling repetitive. Should I keep playing hoping for some improvement or is the game like this all the way to the end?

I mean
I have unlocked two "powers" and not much new is happening,other than you can access other areas. The enemies are few and far between and it looks like you can't die(?) as Elika keeps saving your ass and there doesn't seem to be any real challenge
. Is this it? It looks like it has ton of potential, but fails to deliver anything worthwhile. Someone tell me if it gets better, as I do love platform games.

The game is more style than anything really. The world looks great and the characters designs are cool, but yeah it won't change that much. A few hours though you might already be close to the end. I would say just bee line it to the end and don't worry about anything else.

def sim

Many of the side quests in Witcher 3 have been forensic investigations and I loooooove it.

Since it's my birthday (and I'm way too old for my own good), I thought I'd pass along a little something to GAF as a way to celebrate.
Here's a game from my wishlist and hopefully off one of yours

Happy birthday, gabbo! It's very nice of you to give away something in your day. I hope you have a great one.

Two times I have tried to play Witcher 1. It was choppy as hell both times and I didn't dig the combat. 3rd times the charm perhaps which will probably be the last chance I give it.
It feels "old" and clunky in general. I can totally see how it is not that fun after Witcher 2 or 3. It's not needed for the sequels as well.
It's just a game though, so no point in forcing when you don't have fun with it. That's what games are about after all.

Jawmuncher

Happy Birthday Gabbo.

----

Think I might actually be able to play W3 today. Haven't played more than the hour I gave it on tuesday.

It feels "old" and clunky in general. I can totally see how it is not that fun after Witcher 2 or 3. It's not needed for the sequels as well.
It's just a game though, so no point in forcing when you don't have fun with it. That's what games are about after all.

Everyone says the story is really good. Part me of thinking is playing with a trainer perhaps. I've done that a few times with lesser games and it balances things out.

Hahaha well it would be like picking on the weedy kid at the moment as one I need to fill out my decks and two I'm still picking up the basics, let alone high level play. I'll hit you up when I get in.

I'm at that awkward point where I have a majority of the cards available but not all the good ones I'd want. So opening a new pack usually yield 4 (if not 5) duplicate cards that I have to disenchant. It's mildly frustrating to see gold getting wasted like that, and I'd imagine it would be somewhat infuriating to spend real money and get this result. And I've already spent more real money on the game than I'd want to admit.

Still, I do have some decks up and running so it would be fun to play against you. I'm not particularly good at this (or any) game so maybe it'll end up being a fair contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom