• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

Good grief
.exe
, I'm about to go to my first damn proper job interview in like 8 months, with probably the most evil corporate company in the world, despite having basically swore years ago, that I would have never ever worked in a multinational/career-sharks setting, but only in super cool startups with people growing beards and wearing lumberjack shirts and playing table tennis instead of working.

Also I had to cut beard and hair, because the gal who met me for the preliminary interview explicitly told me "they're very formal tho, you shouldn't go there wearing what you're wearing today", killing all my self confidence and, eventually, my beloved beard. :'(
A bank? Banks are pretty damn evil. Them or Apple
I say as I type on my iPhone

Wok

Good grief
.exe
, I'm about to go to my first damn proper job interview in like 8 months, with probably the most evil corporate company in the world, despite having basically swore years ago, that I would have never ever worked in a multinational/career-sharks setting, but only in super cool startups with people growing beards and wearing lumberjack shirts and playing table tennis instead of working.

Also I had to cut beard and hair, because the gal who met me for the preliminary interview explicitly told me "they're very formal tho, you shouldn't go there wearing what you're wearing today", killing all my self confidence and, eventually, my beloved beard. :'(

Keep the sunglasses on!

def sim

Finished The Witcher 2. That was a great game.
The credits are soooooooo long.

Man, I let that entire thing run so I could see the ending cinematic. I found out later on that it would play even if I skipped it.

I didn't want to watch it on YouTube because that doesn't count or, at least, that's what my dumb brain tells me.

That's the Dark Knight Returns suit, it's a comic series by Frank Miller, which in turn, inspired the Batman v Superman suit.

nVp7gsD.jpg

I know. It was a tongue-in-cheek remark.

Copons

A bank? Banks are pretty damn evil. Them or Apple
I say as I type on my iPhone

They're not a bank.
And I'm not gonna say who they are, because I use this nickname everywhere, and I'm pretty sure as soon as I type their name here, a ding will sound on my recruiter PC showing what an asshole I am. :D

Welcome to the non-privalged. It sucks.

most startup guys i've met are already trust fund babies

Well, I could try the startup way exactly because my family is kinda well-off (or better put: they supported me in my worst times without thinking twice, even if it meant living worse than me).
But yeah, I'm aware that 99% of successful startups are run by fucking rich people. Which I'm not. And I suck as an entrepreneur, so there's also that. :D

Keep the sunglasses on!

I WILL!

milena87

Alpha Protocol for a dollar? What to expect?

An amazing RPG, buried under flawed gameplay and not so pretty graphics. Just play stealthy and invest in pistols and sabotage. Much easier this way, even on the hardest setting + recruit background.

Good grief
.exe
, I'm about to go to my first damn proper job interview in like 8 months, with probably the most evil corporate company in the world

Good luck on the interview!

I backed the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter. Here I was thinking it was some random 3D platformer, then I saw the project page and realized it was basically B&K3 in all but name, with those sweet Kirkhope tunes... I was so in.

Tizoc

I backed the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter. Here I was thinking it was some random 3D platformer, then I saw the project page and realized it was basically B&K3 in all but name, with those sweet Kirkhope tunes... I was so in.
You reaaly should risk leaving community every now and then i backed this day 1 some 2 weeks ago.

Miguel81

I knew you'll do the right thing! good girl :)

congratulations on 2K? I'm never sure should it be gongrats or condolences. Take which one you want

edited: WTH is that Downpour thingie and who greenlit that? Seriously, how people can upvote this... I don't understand. Will I ever?

I remember it due to lashman making it seem like it was the Silent Hill game.

PMazUtC.gif

Arthea

Anybody here knows Chinese? What's up with Tales of Wuxia discussions, I see the trailer is removed, any particular reason why?

But guys, it has character customisation!

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/26238017171688501/558812F98BF62B45F1575B3C562DC99052165E8B/[/IMG[/QUOTE]

well, that changes everything!

Arthea

You guys eager to know what realistic fishing in Cat goes fishing stands for? OK, I won't stall any longer. Your rod can snap now and it's not that it was a fast game to begin with, now it is even slower. Will it stop me? Of course not. I somehow managed to lose my save file too (and I thought I copied all while moving to a new PC), so I just started over, no big deal, it was only 26 hours or so.

edited: forgot to mention, that I've already seen some new fishies.

M.D

Gamesplanet (which is apparently a legit re-seller) is selling Dying Light for 23 pound or $33

The bad part is they have terrible reviews and a lot of people complaining about them :/

Tesseract

Banned
everything after 1 is kinda a bummer, although the graphical leap from 1 to 2 to is nice, and i do love me some gamepad support.

i expected far more from 3's visuals, but at least the storytelling and dialogue is nice.

Dr Dogg

Witcher 3 > Wait there were two other games?

29 hours in and I've still not even made a dent in the main quest (still pissing about with this Bloody Baron questline). It's either stumbling upon monster nests and bandit camps, taking on notice board quests (that flipping Jenny o' the Woods quest is doing my nut in) or stealing Gwent cards of kids because I've got an uber deck at this point in the game. And yet another day of work gets in the way of Witchering and I'm sure there will be some grown up stuff to do during the weekend, urgh!

Finally found someone in this thread who plays Hearthstone. Add me if you want a practice dummy to try out new decks on or something :p

Actually why don't I have you added on Steam?

Hahaha well it would be like picking on the weedy kid at the moment as one I need to fill out my decks and two I'm still picking up the basics, let alone high level play. I'll hit you up when I get in.

Gamesplanet (which is apparently a legit re-seller) is selling Dying Light for 23 pound or $33

The bad part is they have terrible reviews and a lot of people complaining about them :/

I heard about how they do random screenings (withholding your purchase until you email them valid ID), which is why I won't purchase anything from them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I pre-ordered Skyrim way back when and had no issues, but that was three-and-a-half years ago now.

Dr Dogg

GamesPlanet are Metaboli, who have been going for donkeys years and used to run digital stores for the likes of THQ and Bethesda. Saying that their THQ and Bethesda store fuckery (which I'm willing to bet had something to do with those publishers titles not appearing on Steam in the UK for a while) and some of the feedback regards to customer service, which was less than stellar, tells me all I need to know about that outfit.

Also I've bought GG XX about 4 times already.

Copons

Apparently they caved in to my absolute #swag and I'm gonna sign papers and shit next wednesday.

Thank god, because I kinda needed some oxygen in my bank account. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom