• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

guys shut up about life is strange and stop posting so many spoilery screenshots on steam god dammit

I hate those fucking kids still but im gonna play em

I'm playing Max Payne 2, i'm not even that hip. Waiting for the Witcher to get a few more patches before i jump in.

Life is Strange suffers the same fate that every episodic adventure game does: I'll play it when it's complete.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Life is Strange suffers the same fate that every episodic adventure game does: I'll play it when it's complete.

If everything goes according to play you should be picking it up in September and it's going to be like this:

cutting_edge.png

(all told, I know you're not alone in doing that. The OT is gonna get even more crazy when this happens I think)

Salsa

im gonna play through 2 and 3 together and then guess i'll try to keep with the release (is it just one more?)

honestly tho I mean

Life is Strange is cool

but c'mon

some of that dialogue makes me wanna kill babies

and honestly I was enjoying the game much more as a character study sorta thing where you were just friends with people and on a new town or whatever

I didnt need the videogame-y "OMG town's in trouble you're the chosen one with abilities"

now tell me how all this gets better in 2/3 you fuckin preachers

thread full of warrens

If everything goes according to play you should be picking it up in September and it's going to be like this:

(all told, I know you're not alone in doing that. The OT is gonna get even more crazy when this happens I think)
This is how I am with lots of things right now, lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I love Life is Strange partly because it takes place in a fictionalized version of the small town I live in (about 10,000 peeps) and I can see the huge level of detail they put into the game to make it feel as close to the real town as possible. The story has a good "supernatural" feel to it as well and again I get a bit more out of it than most perhaps because I get the added benefit of imagining what it would be like if those events actually happened here.

As an adventure game, it really does kick the shit out of anything I've played in the genre. The ability to rewind time is one thing I always wish I could do in Telltale games and such, so it's honestly the perfect superpower to have in a game like this. Don't like that decision? Rewind time and see how things could be different! It's the equivalent to something like being able to jump 20 stories up in Saint's Row IV - it's something that you'd spend the whole game wanting if you didn't already have the ability.

The only down side is that the story does seem to follow approximately the same arc for everyone, which I think is a bit of a letdown in some ways going past episode 1. There was a lot of potential in episode 1 to make those choices of yours really matter in the following episodes, but it just didn't pan out that way. That said, this game is light years ahead of anything else anyone else is doing in that regard - there are a few major choices that really make me feel like this game is bending to my will and whims.

I'll admit it's not for everyone - but I'm really glad that Dontnod is getting the recognition it deserves because I (personally) think it's an amazing game.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I love Life is Strange partly because it takes place in a fictionalized version of the small town I live in (about 10,000 peeps) and I can see the huge level of detail they put into the game to make it feel as close to the real town as possible. The story has a good "supernatural" feel to it as well and again I get a bit more out of it than most perhaps because I get the added benefit of imagining what it would be like if those events actually happened here.

As an adventure game, it really does kick the shit out of anything I've played in the genre. The ability to rewind time is one thing I always wish I could do in Telltale games and such, so it's honestly the perfect superpower to have in a game like this. Don't like that decision? Rewind time and see how things could be different! It's the equivalent to something like being able to jump 20 stories up in Saint's Row IV - it's something that you'd spend the whole game wanting if you didn't already have the ability.

The only down side is that the story does seem to follow approximately the same arc for everyone, which I think is a bit of a letdown in some ways going past episode 1. There was a lot of potential in episode 1 to make those choices of yours really matter in the following episodes, but it just didn't pan out that way. That said, this game is light years ahead of anything else anyone else is doing in that regard - there are a few major choices that really make me feel like this game is bending to my will and whims.

I'll admit it's not for everyone - but I'm really glad that Dontnod is getting the recognition it deserves because I (personally) think it's an amazing game.

telltale who?

Turfster

The only down side is that the story does seem to follow approximately the same arc for everyone, which I think is a bit of a letdown in some ways going past episode 1.

There might not be big "totally separate story" differences, but there's some serious differences in the world based on choices you make, some not always obvious at first.

jshackles

telltale who?

I still love TWAU and to a certain extent TWD but going back and playing those after LiS is actually a little difficult. Telltale is going to have to step up their game big time.

There might not be big "totally separate story" differences, but there's some serious differences in the world based on choices you make, some not always obvious at first.

This is true. I think it has a pretty good balance actually because it seems like it has "just enough" changes to perhaps warrant multiple playthroughs, but not too many "totally separate story" differences that would make you feel like you have to.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I still love TWAU and to a certain extent TWD but going back and playing those after LiS is actually a little difficult. Telltale is going to have to step up their game big time.

yeah, I agree - TWAU is actually REALLY good ... all the other ones I've played? eh, not so much ... I couldn't even force myself to finish the second season of TWD - it's just so INCREDIBLY boring ...

Shadownet

Banned
Aww, I just want that 96 page bonus book.

And the hardcover "The World of the Witcher" book.
I got the CE Strategy Guide for like $25 on amazon. I think its $34 originally. I would get that before they sell out. I think CDPR said that they wont be reprinting the CE after the 1st print.

zkylon

zkylewd
I love getting guys still either for games that I know will be big like Final Fantasy, or ones that will streamline my playthrough like Souls games. Especially if i'm using it as I progress it's just so much more comfortable to go with. Plus they're basically just collector items now.
gamefaqs? wikias?

just googling "final fantasy versus 15 guide" will prolly get you all you need

Curse your hidden message.
lol

Because some are amazing and have additional artwork and more insight into the world.

this i can understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom