• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Think I'm just going to finish these Rank A races in burnout paradise and shelf the game forever, I understand why people like the open world aspect but the structure and map design just aren't really for me, it feels like I'm driving back and forth over and over with some of these races, and most of the time I'm just looking at the map to see how to get to point B, and they are mostly just a straight path with 1 or 2 turns, maybe with a shortcut then once you win it, you drive back.

Same argument could be made with other racing games I guess especially modern nfs games that take place mostly in the same map, but the length of those courses feel about just right and fits well with my playstyle. While in burnout I start 2 races and those 2 races could be just 1 long straight path back and forth. The city setting that looks almost the same everywhere don't help either.

Some minor stuff I don't like include those crash cams stuff, the car damage with the environments and traffic are a bit too random for my taste, you make a scratch and you have to watch that "wrecked" camera, you take out a few opponents and you watch 5 of those "Take downs" cutscenes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is that risky at all? I know they've got stipulations about VPNs to bypass regional price restrictions and such, but VPN activation?

If it's even the slightest bit against the ToS, and my account could get fucked up, I have no interest in doing so.

In theory, yes; in practice, no. There are no reputable reports of someone having their account restricted because of using one just to activate keys (or unlock games early). I've done it a bunch of times myself (some region-specific stuff is region-locked) and have more to lose than most, plus many others on here regularly use a VPN to unlock games early.

rtcn63

I'm really inclined to read the wiki for Life is Strange just to see if it's worth playing. Of course by that point, I'd have no desire to play it since story is the key focus.

Turfster

Don't come crying to me if your account gets hjiacked because you were greedy and wanted free shit.
And I mean shit, since it's 24 cents and it's by the Slaughtering Grounds "devs".

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't come crying to me if your account gets hjiacked because you were greedy and wanted free shit.
And I mean shit, since it's 24 cents and it's by the Slaughtering Grounds "devs".

The site uses Steam's OpenID system. The entire point of it is that sites can retrieve some basic information about your account without the risk of hijacking.

Edit: I like you're rewarded with points for giveaways. Steam Gifts didn't do this last I checked.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Melissa K and the Heart of Gold -- MB-E8733659FFC26302 - Taken by Haunted
Deep Eclipse: New Space Odyssey -- MB-3794E712B545C793 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Rush for Glory -- MB-6FFA7C54A95E6062 - Taken by nja
Frozen Hearth -- MB-756805B22A95B026 - Taken by TheMadMan007

topyy

Hey guys, just cross posting from the Tabletop Simulator thread but we're having another game night. Server's up with the same info as before. Come join us we're playing Betrayal at the House on the Hill! and we've got some more slots left

Also, anyone still on the fence about TTS, it's currently 40% off at Humble Bundle and will be going up to it's $20 normal price upon leaving early access so get it while it's still cheap!

Dsyndrome

Witcher 3 needs better let-me-on-my-fucking-horse detection. Too many times I go to jump on only to be denied due to the angle I approached at.

Maniac

Banned
iirc they sponsor a few more league teams tho cant remember which ones

Yup. And Dota 2 teams, CSGO teams... Esports tournaments for LoL, GO and Dota 2... Same goes for Kinguin. It's blatantly obvious how little dignity and shame esports organisations have.
G2A is getting so much ad space on a lot of popular Twitch streams these days. They're sponsoring esports tournaments, running video ads during events, it's easy to see why so many people would think they're completely legit.

Yup, it's really easy to see. Even that there swedish dude that annoys me so much, Pewdiepie, has some huuuuuge sponsored advertisement with 'em. He's even *in* their ads. :|

Try to complete it anyway. Did you talk to the Gravedigger? Was the body delivered at the hospital?
Did you talk to the gardener, to Vincent Meis and did you read the book Forensic Medicine? They all help to guess the murderer right.

And keep more save files around! :p
Hmm there must be a way, never heard of this bug. There is indeed a bug in the game in this questline but it occurs with Kalkstein & Leuvaarden though. Download this mod to fix it. DON'T READ THE DESCRIPTION
Thanks people! Will give it a try.
Got sad thinking my +20 hours went to drain.
There are so many mods on nexus :O So many even addressing my own complaints. Nice, thanks both of you.

I don't have anything to say that goes with this (exceptt maybe this is me after the time I've been having with Ori/TW2 in the last 24 hours), but it needs to be posted in here:

carreywild.0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom