• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know what defragging is >_>

But Steam used to have an option for it that doesn't seem to be there anymore so I wasn't sure if it had some background process keeping things tidy now.

It was probably removed because it was superfluous. If you began experiencing issues related to data fragmentation, then you'd be better off defragging the whole disk rather than a small portion of it.

Oreoleo

Then go for it! But be prepared for a long defrag time if you have a lot of data remaining on the disk. Better do it when you are not using the computer (sleep/work/school).

No doubt. Fortunately it's not my main drive. Gonna start it now, throw on some Netflix and call it a night. Thanks for the help guys.

milena87

Watched some streams of W3 and nice to see they kept G's voice attacking from W1.

ugh its cringe worthy

The worst is still Triss from TW2. I couldn't stand her English voice anymore, so I switched to Polish + Eng subtitles for my last 2 TW2 playthroughs.

Much better experience. I went directly for Polish in TW3.

Unicorn

Holy Shit. Jet Set Radio looks glorious. Also, Jesus Christ I have camera control now!

Of course it crashed as soon as I beat the first stage
KuGsj.gif

I don't remember the cops and detective being this goddamn fast either. I can't lose this gun-crazed fucker. I knock him down, but before I can paint his back his hut-hut-hut posse is on me. I'm just rusty.

Edit:
There. Jet Rating. I missed a graffiti, but didn't want to restart. This is just as good as I remember it. Audio cuts out sometimes at the end of Prof. K's speeches, but everything else is so gooooood. Fuck. Where's my JSRF up-port?!

Achievements, even!

I think if CD Projekt RED hadn't shown the conference demo's they did, people wouldn't be so upset with The Witcher 3, for an openworld game it looks pretty damned good
on my PS4
. Makes me wonder what the reaction is going to be for the next Bethesda game, and what the e3 demo look like versus the final product.

Chariot

Finish Witcher 3, lol good luck!
:,(
My original plan was to finsi hteh story by tuesday somehow, but... yeah. Won't happen. Why do they give me so much value for my money. ;_;

I think if CD Projekt RED hadn't shown the conference demo's they did, people wouldn't be so upset with The Witcher 3, for an openworld game it looks pretty damned good
on my PS4
. Makes me wonder what the reaction is going to be for the next Bethesda game, and what the e3 demo look like versus the final product.
That's the funny thing, the console guys were all "oh, it looks so pretty" and in the downgrade side there were these partisans screaming "Liars Liars Game looks like shiat".

Haunted

Holy shit the latest Broforce update is awesome. Basically doubles the length of the campaign mode with a lot of new levels, new enemy types (threeway battles!) and bosses.

If that isn't enough incentive, it's
Aliens vs Predator Brodator
themed (!)

JaseC

Free game from TinyBuild again
https://www.facebook.com/tinyBuildGames/app_185301094822359
Possible games range from Spoiler Alert, SpeedRunners, Not the Robots, Fearless Fantasy, Lovely Planet

Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

SpeedRunners -- MB-8E5DED5DC98854A8 - Taken by XDDX

zkylon

zkylewd
couldn't really sleep

movie was really good tho, wholeheartly recommend age of uprising if you like cool movies that make you think

Free game from TinyBuild again
https://www.facebook.com/tinyBuildGames/app_185301094822359
Possible games range from Spoiler Alert, SpeedRunners, Not the Robots, Fearless Fantasy, Lovely Planet

cool, got speedrunners

Good night? I just woke up XD I am kidding good night zky :D
weirdo

Sounds like something Warren would say. Or something.
nyaaaaaaaah

Chariot

Perhaps the horrible lip syncing in LiS that looks like dubbed foreign film was all part of devs' plan to make it even more hipster-ish.
It didn't bother me much, since I grew up with american war propaganda with german dub that was decent but didn't quite fit most of the time, but at the end of episode two there were a lot of close up shots on the mouth and it was horrible.
Sorry, Kate, but your face literally don't match what you're saying.

JaseC

In addition to Prince Capsicum, several other games were yanked recently:

- A-Train 8 (presumably to push people towards A-Train 9 v3)
- A-Train 9 (as above)
- CSI: Hard Evidence (licence expired)
- FEAR Online (servers were shut down a week-and-a-half ago)
- Ion Assault (related to bitComposer's bankruptcy filing or its publishing contract expired)
- Rekoil (505's publishing contract expired?)

I really wish SteamDB would do away with the UTM crap in links. It makes copying/pasting a bit of a pain.

fantomena

Withcer 3 is the only game excluding Bloodborne and Life is Strange which I have actually immensively enjoying this year. It was difficulty to take a break from Bloodborne and the episodes in Life is Strange because those were so good, same thing with Witcher 3.

If my enjoyment of Witcher 3 stays the same through the entire game I will most likely also by the expansion pass.

The simple reason these days I don't buy most DLCs or season passes before I finish the game is because there is a high chance Im not interested in more of the game after I finish it.

First time it happened with Borderlands 2, bought the season pass on sale on GMG before I finished the story, when the story was finished I was interested anymroe and never touched the content in the DLC.

So for the future, I will make sure that Im heavily interested and want more of the game before buying any DLC/season pass.

zkylon

zkylewd
In addition to Prince Capsicum, several other games were yanked recently:

- A-Train 8 (presumably to push people towards A-Train 9 v3)
- A-Train 9 (as above)
- CSI: Hard Evidence (licence expired)
- FEAR Online (servers were shut down a week-and-a-half ago)
- Ion Assault (bitComposer is bankrupt)
- Rekoil (505's publishing contract expired?)

I really wish SteamDB would do away with the UTM crap in links. It makes copying/pasting a bit of a pain.

wtf at games actually having like versions numbers in their name

Knurek

Love that Durante mentions RTSS in his latest PC Gamer article.
Framepacing issues should never be downplayed.
(Fuck Final Fantasy XIII PC)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
on my PS4
Fallout 3 and Skyrim looked exactly like their pre-release demos so I think the days of the Oblivion approach (aim high and watch as the consoles strip away then graphics features) are over. Someone posted some screens of the first Skyrim trailer recently and it looked worse than my vanilla PC copy experience.

Kifimbo

Already have this one:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fearless Fantasy -- MB-92722D550DA4401C - Taken by NingenJanai

JaseC

I've said it before, but given all the hullabaloo over The Witcher 3 2015 versus The Witcher 3 2013/2014, it'll likely be quite a long time before Cyberpunk 2077 resurfaces. In fact, CDPR has already dug itself a bit of a hole by saying that it aims to match the pre-rendered teaser, which is clearly not going to happen.

zkylon

zkylewd
lesson for developers: show your real graphics

your real graphics are pretty enough

your real graphics are beautiful snowflakes just as they are

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I've said it before, but given all the hullabaloo over The Witcher 3 2015 versus The Witcher 3 2013/2014, it'll likely be quite a long time before Cyberpunk 2077 resurfaces. In fact, CDPR has already dug itself a bit of a hole by saying that it aims to match the pre-rendered teaser, which is clearly not going to happen.
I wonder if they knew the garbage console specs when they first said that about Cyberpunk though to be fair.

ExoSoul

Banned
lesson for developers: show your real graphics

your real graphics are pretty enough

your real graphics are beautiful snowflakes just as they are

And most importantly: when someone plays it expecting the real graphics and gets them they don't end up disapointed and with a sour feeling towards the game and the developer.

JaseC

I wonder if they knew the garbage console specs when they first said that about Cyberpunk though to be fair.

Not exactly as the specs would have still been in something of a state of flux at the time (~January 2013 -- you may recall that even Guerilla Games wasn't made aware of the PS4 being upped to 8GB prior to the announcement event). Even so, the writing would have been on the wall, and talking about graphics years before your game will be out the door is rather silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom