• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noooo.

Don't think I ever got around to buying that one. Bummer.

Having played it (it was one of the few games I bought for my sister, so I played it with her) it's a below-average point-and-click adventure featuring the CSI actors phoning in their voice acting, and product placements from Visa, even tying it into the plot. Sis loved it. But seriously, you're not missing much...except for the +1.

Jawmuncher

I'd rather just read tips and look at a spinning ouroboros than listen to the same cutscene several times in a row.

I thought you were the cool, now I'm not so sure anymore.
I jest.

I'm surprised they haven't patched it yet, seems a lot of people don't like it. I've only loaded the game twice but it is odd how it does a cutscene every time.

Chariot

Easy solution: Get an SSD. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I already feel like I throw out my whole budget next month at the first day.

Akiba's Trip, Re;Birth 2, Grisaia, new SSD, Witcher Guide Book, external BD-player feeling so poor >_<
(When I am actually rich enough to afford all this shit in the first place)

Tenrius

Is there a dedicated thread/post with all the information regarding the apparent GeForce 700 series driver downgrade? So you don't to dig through huge threads on Nvidia forums.

The_Monk

Hey my good people! I just finished Pixel Puzzles: Japan and I decided to post a little review on Steam but will also leave it here.

DM5bOiB.png

As always, I'm sorry for the lack of a better English vocabulary as it's not my native language.

Link for the review on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043835726/recommended/284950/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Pixel Puzzles: Japan you need to solve a selection of 19 puzzles with different scenarios, difficulties and pictures. The concept is quite easy, you have pieces and you need to put them all together. The difference is, these pieces (who are also not your typical ones, with different shapes and sizes) are not static and they are always moving up and down and from left to right in some sort of koi pond.

There is no timer for you to solve these puzzles and there are no tricks so take your time and have a bit of relaxing time if you have been playing something story heavy or you just want to escape from the usual violence on shooting in other games.

The pictures are inspired by the Japanese culture so expect a lot of pink from the cherry bosom trees or some old statues and buildings. It took me around 12 hours to finish all these puzzles and it was a great choice to play between other games. As the levels progress so do you. You are a young disciple Monk, and as you advance in harder puzzles you will improve as well until you attain your “enlightenment”.

While the moving pieces was an interesting idea it may become a bit frustrating on the final puzzles. Some pieces become smaller and the number of them will increase so it means more pieces will be moving. If you want to click and drag a specific piece you saw this may prove to be harder considering there are so many moving and the mouse pointer did not feel so accurate at times. Just like when doing a normal puzzle, I always start with the surrounding frame and then move to one of the corners and keep going from there. Some puzzles can take more time than others and I struggled with one that had too many similar colors in all places which brings another flaw: there is no save or pause option. If you want to start a new level you may as well finish it, otherwise you will need to restart all over This is not an issue on most of the puzzles but if a puzzle is taking you longer than expected or you need to leave your PC, having an option to not start all over again would be a good thing to have.

In the end this was a nice little time sink. The music is simple but relaxing enough but after a couple of hours I decided to put my own playlist of Zen/Meditation music and the results were much better. I felt relaxed and the game does exactly what you should expect.

Shadownet

Banned
So I won't be on Steam all weekend and next weekend. Im currently attending a training convention for work. Had to drive almost 2 hours. But at least I'll be staying at a fancy hotel for free :D

Ruruja

While the moving pieces was an interesting idea it may become a bit frustrating on the final puzzles. Some pieces become smaller and the number of them will increase so it means more pieces will be moving. If you want to click and drag a specific piece you saw this may prove to be harder considering there are so many moving and the mouse pointer did not feel so accurate at times.

Nice review, yeah I enjoyed the game too as a nice relaxing time sink. The main problem with it, as you have said, is the awful click detection for the larger puzzles. The reason it took so long to complete is because 60% of the time you spend on each puzzle is picking up incorrect pieces surrounding the correct one, even though you definitely clicked on it.

Cyberpunk is best punk though.

I agree. That wasn't what I had a problem with lol.

Catshade

I already have the game, so here it is:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Spoiler Alert -- MB-231CB7BED28E904A - Taken by nightstorm

The_Monk

Nice review, yeah I enjoyed the game too as a nice relaxing time sink. The main problem with it, as you have said, is the awful click detection for the larger puzzles. The reason it took so long to complete is because 60% of the time you spend on each puzzle is picking up incorrect pieces surrounding the correct one, even though you definitely clicked on it.

Thanks for reading Ruruja! :)

Indeed. This is something that should either be fixed or they shouldn't bother with the moving pieces, the last puzzle was a test in this regard but I'm glad I managed to finish them.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm trying a dumb experiment.

Going to see how a short project I originally made for Ludum Dare 29 back in April 2014, and updated last month, will fair on Steam Greenlight, trying to release it as a free game on Steam and if it gets greenlit, updating the game with new content before release. I released the game last month on sites like GameJolt, RPGMaker Net, and more, to which the game got better response than I could of imagined. Basic consensus was while it had a simple art style, the game game managed to be very creepy, with phenomenal voice acting and atmosphere, which made me happy (on account that I voiced it and made it, so shhh).

CBxAcnNVIAEK8sV.png

Close Your Eyes: Redux experimentation to see how it goes on Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=447634612

And some response to the game I got:
Hey! I have done a lets play of your (absolutely brilliant) game. (...)I adore your game and am looking forward to seeing what else you make.

PD:This game is totally incredible, good job.

I really enjoyed the game, and i must say you are really damn good at voice acting, your voice reminds me of Wally Wingert.

Keep up the good work!

Beautiful game.

After playing this, I just had to come here and say this. I don't get creeped out by stuff often, but your host? Creeps the hell out of me, as does most of the game in general. And I love it.

Overall, interesting game. It may not be perfect but it did had it's charm. I wish you luck on your other projects!

WTF!
This is terrifying!

Overall, I feel this was a lovely game and well worth the time it took to play it. Thank you for making this game!

Just got it! I love the game, despite not understanding some things. (what was the lil marshmallow fluff boy? Was he truly at fault? among other questions lol) Really great game :D

Okay, now THIS is the kind of shit that would give Stephen King and H.P. Lovecraft a run for his money. I've watched a lot of horror and rarely get scared, but that fucking shit is just fucking DISTURBING. So edgy - I love it in all it's sick and twisted glory!

There was more, but decided to see how it fairs (though not expecting it to actually go through), but if it does go through to expand it and just release it. Though it having a simple art style I think may hurt its chances. XD;

I wasn't going to try to push for Greenlight anything until I was done with my much larger project that I've been slowly working on over-time, but since this small project was received much better than I anticipated, I guess I'll see how it goes.

I wasn't going to try to push for Greenlight anything until I was done with my much larger project that I've been slowly working on over-time, but since this small project was received much better than I anticipated, I guess I'll see how it goes.

So what's the gameplay like? Is it a point-and-click adventure? RPG elements? Or just a walking simulator?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So what's the gameplay like? Is it a point-and-click adventure? RPG elements? Or just a walking simulator?

Not point and click, but think of it as an exploration/puzzle based adventure game. In the game, you break free from death row and enter into a surrealistic subway, and progress as various puzzles, obstacles, and events block your progression. And without saying too much, there's also moments where your murderer persona leaks through and you have to stalk and kill people, represented by little doodle-like drawings as I made the project with a super simple sprite style as my bigger project I am a super slow spriter to make it look good, so make smaller projects with simpler styles.

Every once in a while, a character I call The Host appears and questions you about your actions in a strange, kind of creepy way, acting like a gameshow host.

There's also slow gameplay elements introduced through time, but I won't say much as that'd be spoiling the game. I will mention the game has a fourth wall element.

dex3108

That guy from Bethesda revoke my key thread is really annoying and i don't see any logic in his replies and i am scared for his clients if he is really a lawyer XD

Momentary

Banned
Soon my SteamGAF fighting game brethren will have ASW shine greatness upon their souls.

OH man and now that Youtube does 1440p@60fps.. I can't wait to upload some matches. What a glorious time to be a fighting game lover on PC. GLORIOUS!!!!!

fantomena

Have decided not to buy any more fullprice games or games that are at least on 40% sale before I finish a couple of games like Styx, Project CARS, Pillars of Eternity and more.

By that time Dirt Rally will be out of EA and HL3 released.

Milamber

Have decided not to buy any more fullprice or games that ar at elast on 40% sale before I finish a couple of games like Styx, Project CARS, Pillars of Eternity and more.

By that time Dirt Rally will be out of EA and HL3 released.

SteamGAF promises are always broken, you know that.

750Ti can maintain 30fps on medium running Witcher 3, little guy still packs some power.

Now I know what to do when I go home on weekends in the future.

I guess I really should check out Life is Strange.
I'll get the whole season on sale when all episodes are out like I usually do with these episodic releases.
I dismissed the game based on the footage I watched from the first episode but I guess it turned out alright after all.

Jawmuncher

I'll get the whole season on sale when all episodes are out like I usually do with these episodic releases.
I dismissed the game based on the footage I watched from the first episode but I guess it turned out alright after all.

I didn't like the first episode, but it grows a lot from there.

Sendou

If you wait on the game you'll miss the fun part of speculating wtf is going on with this game with other gaffers.

Then again you won't have to feel the agony of waiting between episodes so there's that too.

Anteater

man that RefleX shoot em up is hella fun, it has a cool rhythm to it with the block/reflect thing to attack/defend while still having to dodge bullets.

I also just found out there's a program that comes with the ds3 driver that you could enable to use as mouse for desktop, pretty useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom