• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait bitcomposer is bankrupt?

that's sad

i don't care for your complicated concepts!

Not sure if they are bankrupt or still in insolvency hearings.

One to watch for possible removal would be Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms. There game was supposed to release in 2 parts, Book 1 last year and Book 2 first quarter this year, you pay once and get both. The insolvency has held up book 2 completely so people essentially only paid for half a game, with the second half long overdue and now quite unlikely.

It's a shame as the game is quite good and the devs are fanatasic with the community and are just as exasperated with the situation as the buyers are. BItcomposer also pulled some nasty DLC tricks to promote buying the hardcopy over steam.

If you see it hit 75% in the near future, it's going.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of gabbo, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gabbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-78EC804A3A1A6CB1 - Taken by rtcn63. 77 entrants total.

t1432383014z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
And most importantly: when someone plays it expecting the real graphics and gets them they don't end up disapointed and with a sour feeling towards the game and the developer.
personally i just wish ppl would stop talking about gfx

i'd play all my videogames in snes or ps1 graphics

zkylon

zkylewd
to be a little bit less hyperbolic, ps2 graphics if you want. so like facial animation and fairly hi-res models and detailed textures, just not excessive shadering, mocap, no zbrush sculpts of every model in teh game, etc.

none of the uncanny valley stuff on current gen games too

things like ao, post processing and improved lighting (tho none of that ridiculous shader stuff) can stay since it's not content

problem i feel is content production, when you need people to model every single object in the game (often twice, low poly and hi-poly in zbrush), then texture it and make custom shaders and test it and all that it's just skyrockets costs.

so like if u want an apple just do the shape and give it a reddish texture. it doesn't have to shine like an apple, i can tell it's an apple -___-

The_Monk

Extra.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Monk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Not the Robots -- MB-97AC44A8D490CFAA

Jawmuncher

to be a little bit less hyperbolic, ps2 graphics if you want. so like facial animation and fairly hi-res models and detailed textures, just not excessive shadering, mocap, no zbrush sculpts of every model in teh game, etc.

none of the uncanny valley stuff on current gen games too

things like ao, post processing and improved lighting (tho none of that ridiculous shader stuff) can stay since it's not content

problem i feel is content production, when you need people to model every single object in the game (often twice, low poly and hi-poly in zbrush), then texture it and make custom shaders and test it and all that it's just skyrockets costs.

so like if u want an apple just do the shape and give it a reddish texture. it doesn't have to shine like an apple, i can tell it's an apple -___-

I wish current gen was good enough to cause uncanny valley.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Fearless Fantasy -- MB-2ECFC110020A7469 - Taken by Purkake4

dex3108

Well... They do. So I suppose a bit o' braggin' is a-okay.

I was kidding to be honest :D I only feel bad for person who told me few days ago that he/she will make E3 general thread and that she/he has their own template. That is why i didn't make E3 thread. I am sure that guy/girl who made current thread never meant anything bad but he/she should ask mods first because that is more-less OT and usually OT is reserved many months in advance.

Haunted

Perhaps the horrible lip syncing in LiS that looks like dubbed foreign film was all part of devs' plan to make it even more hipster-ish.
Yeah, the lip syncing is horrible. The models are good, the faces expressive and detailed, but it's all ruined whenever they open their mouths.

Gave the first episode another shot, but as soon as the blonde girl blocked my way and did a really cringeworthy, completely stereotypical "high school bitch" tirade picking on the main character, I rolled my eyes hard and exited the game.

No idea how people can stand this sort of writing.

zkylon

zkylewd
At least graphics discussions are relevant in a Steam thread.
i mean as a whole i wish the industry would stop its obsession with gfx, not this thread in particular. i never complain about random shit in the thread, if i don't care about something i can simply not read it.

personally seeing the difference between like ps3 and ps4 i'm like whatever, who cares. i've grown out of all interest on this crap and while that aliens game looks super nice it's a lot more in the design than how accurately reflective the floor is.

He looks pretty good in pre-rendered cutscenes, but in-game, like Conan said, "his eyes are dead".
well the closest i got to that game was that conan video lol

Really? If you didn't know who he was I don't think he would.
i mean the bigger problem in that situation would've been having wasted your life not knowing the greatness of kevin spacey

Jawmuncher

i mean as a whole i wish the industry would stop its obsession with gfx, not this thread in particular. i never complain about random shit in the thread, if i don't care about something i can simply not read it.

personally seeing the difference between like ps3 and ps4 i'm like whatever, who cares. i've grown out of all interest on this crap and while that aliens game looks super nice it's a lot more in the design than how accurately reflective the floor is.

well the closest i got to that game was that conan video lol

i mean the bigger problem in that situation would've been having wasted your life not knowing the greatness of kevin spacey

I do hope we have another 10 year generation. Sucks that PC games didn't go above and beyond besides crysis but it was fun just coasting with graphics for all that time.

That is true would have been worse if Kevin spacey wasn't known.

Maniac

Banned

Oh lord. Having watched a few minutes, this is just AMD whining and complaining as per usual. And lol at them saying that Hairworks worsens the experience for AMD users... No, AMD, that's not how it works. It improves the experience for Nvidia users.

... And AMD ones if they want to take a decent FPS hit, just like Nvidia users. >_>
I do hope we have another 10 year generation. Sucks that PC games didn't go above and beyond besides crysis but it was fun just coasting with graphics for all that time.

That is true would have been worse if Kevin spacey wasn't known.

I hope we have a 3-4 year cycle at best. 3D VRAM / HBM will largely be useless for the vast majority of games if we don't see consoles with decent hardware within a few years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To be fair, the tessellation factor of Hairworks being set to 64x sounds needlessly high. At least Radeon users can forcibly adjust it via AMD's control panel.

ViviOggi

Yeah, the lip syncing is horrible. The models are good, the faces expressive and detailed, but it's all ruined whenever they open their mouths.

Gave the first episode another shot, but as soon as the blonde girl blocked my way and did a really cringeworthy, completely stereotypical "high school bitch" tirade picking on the main character, I rolled my eyes hard and exited the game.

No idea how people can stand this sort of writing.

cBj1LTf.png

zkylon

zkylewd
one thing i do want about gfx is hair and fluffiness so they can make ahri's tails all fluffy looking and for her to have loreal hair like in alice

just add that to league of legends, gaming industry, somehow make it happen

is all i'masking

i mean diminishing returns and all that, right?

probably gonna be another long generation

nobody wants to through another console launch i think

Milamber

I think I'm nearly done with TW3's tutorial town. I just got to the marker telling me where Yennifer is and I got to talk to some Captain.

Yay.

Maniac

Banned
one thing i do want about gfx is hair and fluffiness so they can make ahri's tails all fluffy looking and for her to have loreal hair like in alice

just add that to league of legends, gaming industry, somehow make it happen

is all i'masking

i mean diminishing returns and all that, right?

probably gonna be another long generation

nobody wants to through another console launch i think

I do. This generations launch was sooooo deliciously salty, I want more!

dex3108

Oh lord. Having watched a few minutes, this is just AMD whining and complaining as per usual. And lol at them saying that Hairworks worsens the experience for AMD users... No, AMD, that's not how it works. It improves the experience for Nvidia users.

... And AMD ones if they want to take a decent FPS hit, just like Nvidia users. >_>

I hope we have a 3-4 year cycle at best. 3D VRAM / HBM will largely be useless for the vast majority of games if we don't see consoles with decent hardware within a few years.

To be fair, the tessellation factor of Hairworks being set to 64x sounds needlessly high. At least Radeon users can forcibly adjust it via AMD's control panel.

I have big issue with constant AMD complaining about Nvidia tech. Both Unity and Unreal Engine 4 are using PhysX and UE4 uses many more Nvidia tech. And now you are telling me that Unity and Epic are ready to compromise their main source of income by favoring Nvidia and screwing up AMD users? And we already have huge amount of games on those engines and i don't see AMD complaining about those Engines at all.

To be clear if Nvidia is doing something to compromise AMD users i don't support that but i think that things are not black and white and that there is more about this issue.

Chariot

Here we go again with people feeling entitled to stolen goods ecause they paid a thief. Jesus, these people should've sticked to stealing the shit themselves, at least then we wounldn't have these absurd discussions right now.

zkylon

zkylewd
I do. This generations launch was sooooo deliciously salty, I want more!

ok drama is the only reason to have a new generation

drama is the best reason for everything

Here we go again with people feeling entitled to stolen goods ecause they paid a thief. Jesus, these people should've sticked to stealing the shit themselves, at least then we wounldn't have these absurd discussions right now.

?

Maniac

Banned
I have big issue with constant AMD complaining about Nvidia tech. Both Unity and Unreal Engine 4 are using PhysX and UE4 uses many more Nvidia tech. And now you are telling me that Unity and Epic are ready to compromise their main source of income by favoring Nvidia and screwing up AMD users? And we already have huge amount of games on those engines and i don;t see AMD complaining about those Engines at all.

To be clear if Nvidia is doing something to compromise AMD users i don;t support that but i think that things are not black and white and that there is more about this issue.

Yeah. AMD is just... Salty as always. And GameWorks does overall work well on AMD, a lot of the GameWorks tech is in the console* version of The Witcher 3... You know, running on those low-end, low-grade-material-built AMD APUs.

Atleast if I remember correctly

Anteater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom