• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wait on the game you'll miss the fun part of speculating wtf is going on with this game with other gaffers.

Then again you won't have to feel the agony of waiting between episodes so there's that too.

I remember the season pass being 40% off less than a month after episode 1 was out. That stuff really rubs me the wrong way. Then there's the fact that I forget what happened in the previous episode when I have to wait months for the next one.
One of the reasons I enjoyed Wolf Among Us so much was because I played through the whole thing in a few days.
Playing a 2 hour chunk of a game every 3 months just doesn't work for me.

ExoSoul

Banned
To those of you that played SpeedRunners:

- Did you encounter a bug where the view would be misplaced and static and the game was unresponsive in the menus? It won't event let me change to something else (like task manager) and alt+F4 does nothing.

6.37 for Legend of Korra. Cheap, but not enough.

I'd jump so hard on that if I could...

Also this:
It's an Activision licensed game, it is very low.

Chariot

From the Wizzler 3 Thread
And a Novigrad sunrise.

WeakIncompatibleCatfish.gif
SO PURETTY

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Noooo.

Don't think I ever got around to buying that one. Bummer.

Yeah, back in 2013 I'd intended on buying CSI:NY during the Autumn Sale but it was yanked just 6 or so weeks before it began -- which was particularly strange as HE was released before NY. I've three spare copies of the former, though, so fingers crossed they're rare enough to bear some fruit. I've already had a couple of relatively decent offers, but I'm not interested in games I already own.

So, I played a bit of Naissance today. The game is great. The soundtrack is simply wonderful, and that alone is worth the full price of the game.
But the title itself it's a gem. It's like The Cube (the movie) mixed with an Escher's paint settled into Blame's universe. It's unique, but the game is REALLY hard to navigate.
It's NOT a walking simulator, since too ofter figuring out where you need to go it's very very hard. Puzzles are not easy too, but they are not even too hard, once you learned the "rules" of the world.

I leave some screenshot here:

This is a picture from Blame, just to make an idea:

Looks really interesting, will give it a try but not sure I have the patience for that kind of experience.

Turfster

RE4 100%ed as much as I care to, I'm not going to replay it on the highest difficulty for that last chievo, normal was enough for me.
It's pretty funny that Separate ways has the same scenes as the main game, but this time in grainy low-res video instead of 1080p in-game.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So, I played a bit of Naissance today. The game is great. The soundtrack is simply wonderful, and that alone is worth the full price of the game.
But the title itself it's a gem. It's like The Cube (the movie) mixed with an Escher's paint settled into Blame's universe. It's unique, but the game is REALLY hard to navigate.
It's NOT a walking simulator, since too ofter figuring out where you need to go it's very very hard. Puzzles are not easy too, but they are not even too hard, once you learned the "rules" of the world.

I leave some screenshot here:

This is a picture from Blame, just to make an idea:

Looooooooooove it so much. The whole brutalist architecture style enforces this incredibly oppressive atmosphere and isolated feeling. It almost feels like humans couldn't have possibly lived there, but there's the occasional element of life to remind you that at some point, they did. I replayed this a few months back and it was still just as powerful. One of the showcases for First Person Exploration as a genre. And the music selection is incredible. I never thought I'd see the day when Deep Listening/Pauline Oliveros would get into a video game.

Turfster

MacGameStore is having a Borderlands/Bioshock Infinite/Civ/KOTOR 75% off sale. Check the requirements to see if it's a steam key.

Daily Brutal Legend 80% off

Pachimari

I'll probably regret when their Transformers license expires as well. Although I can't afford anymore games now, and I promised myself to complete some of which I already have, and just enjoy those.

I haven't completed games like Skyrim, Human Revolution, Life Is Strange, Witcher 3, Batman Arkham, Dishonored or any of those big blockbuster games. In fact, I have barely started any of them.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I haven't completed games like Skyrim, Human Revolution, Life Is Strange, Witcher 3, Batman Arkham, Dishonored or any of those big blockbuster games. In fact, I have barely started any of them.

that's ok ... we're not here to play games anyway ;)

Pachimari

that's ok ... we're not here to play games anyway ;)
Yeah. And I remember at my first Steam sale last summer, I bought like 400-500 games I think. I'm only at about 650 titles in total though.

But I have to complete Witcher 3 and Life Is Strange, AND A Realm Reborn. I can do it.. :)

Maniac

Banned
I already feel like I throw out my whole budget next month at the first day.

Akiba's Trip, Re;Birth 2, Grisaia, new SSD, Witcher Guide Book, external BD-player feeling so poor >_<
(When I am actually rich enough to afford all this shit in the first place)

Who the hell would want a blueray drive? And what kind of monster would pay for one?

I've had one for 8 years... I think it's been used a dozen times, and only once has it played an actual bluray.

It was some incredible Nick Cage movie.

Anteater

hmm what's after the gargoyles in dark souls, crapper demon? i just ran into the butterfly dude and just tossed a bunch of bombs at it since i have like 80 of it, don't remember the game too well.

lotr war in the north is still fun, i need to fix my internet and get my friend to play

edit: guess crapper demon is next

Pachimari

Who the hell would want a blueray drive? And what kind of monster would pay for one?

I've had one for 8 years... I think it's been used a dozen times, and only once has it played an actual bluray.

I have had a Bluray drive since I build my PC last April, and it is super handy, when I'm ripping my Bluray movies to my hard drive.

Chariot

I once bought something from G2A.

How fucked am I?

I actually kickstarted some anime and a cartoon. Got some BDs here, but can't watch them currently. I am especially hot for the Wakfu bonus material. And BDs are not even more expensive than DVDs in Germany, so I don't think I will buy further DVDs. The age of Blu-Ray has begun, bend your knee or be destroyed.

rtcn63

Do people in Australian normally pronounce nougat as "nougah"? (Which for all I know is the correct way) Watching last season's Masterchef Australia finale. Or is this a completely different food item?

Mr. Doop

hmm what's after the gargoyles in dark souls, crapper demon? i just ran into the butterfly dude and just tossed a bunch of bombs at it since i have like 80 of it, don't remember the game too well.

lotr war in the north is still fun, i need to fix my internet and get my friend to play

edit: guess crapper demon is next

I went with a melee build for my playthrough. That stupid butterfly was the worst.

I think it's fucking shameful that many of the top CS:GO teams (and maybe DOTO too?) are sponsored by G2A. Still haven't started Witcher 3. I want to really bad but I am having too much fun in GTAV

Turfster

... Yeah, I'm still not a fan of RE5.
"Here's 2 bullets, now fight 50 billion enemies", and the detection window for the hand to hand stuff is so small it's almost useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom