• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

you're already dead

Probably not,
(hopefully)
majority of stuff on those sites is still legit (as in not stolen).

But it's not like they would tell or you can see if it's stolen before it's too late.

aUrI8iI.jpg

Whelp, time to check out.

tumblr_m8034a5zIy1qbvovho1_500.gif

dex3108

WTF. Steam did reverted all Steam settings to default when i started it today by itself. Because of that no i don't have awesome uncompressed W3 screenshots :(

ExoSoul

Banned
I've been spending more time with SpeedRunners and I know most of you just idled it for cards so I'm leaving my impressions.

- It's a lot of fun: most rounds end quickly both to the winner's merit and the loser's fault but every other time you'll get these intense 1v1 matches that'll gor far longer than the rest of the round and will test your resolve.
You have to be on point but you also have to read your oponent's moves and guess when he's gonna use his weapon and at the same time minimally remember the map's layout because hazards respawn each lap and your view gets smaller as time goes on but quick reflexes also help.

- The music: it's ok, does its job but nothing to write home about. It does however capture the spirit of those 1v1 very well so it all just adds up and you just enjoy it that much more.

- Animations: This came to me as a surprise but they're very very good and with a lot of detail in it, it's more noticeable in certain characters like Buckshot and each character has its own animations which is very pleasent since it adds to each character's uniqueness.

- Skins: they exist, I've unlocked a few, but I have no idea how to change them, maybe it's a "2 players picked the same character" deal. So far all I've unlocked have been pallet swaps so I'm not expecting anything major down the line.

- Map variety: A strong number of base levels, most of which you'll have to unlock but you'll do that very quicly, that can be increased through the workshop. I'm still not sure if the Prototype level is a level on its own or if its there to gather information and then be adjusted accordingly before it's implemented.

- Joykillers: The very reason why I'm writting this instead of playing it right now - the game froze on me again. I stll have no idea what causes it and I don't know if it would be a lesser problem if I didn't play it in fullscreen but it's something that exists. Then again it's on Early Access so this kind of things come with the territory.

All in all a very fun game to play with friends and with strangers that you can play in short bursts or long marathons and you'll enjoy it just the same.

iosefe

I've been spending more time with SpeedRunners and I know most of you just idled it for cards so I'm leaving my impressions.

- It's a lot of fun: most rounds end quickly both to the winner's merit and the loser's fault but every other time you'll get these intense 1v1 matches that'll gor far longer than the rest of the round and will test your resolve.
You have to be on point but you also have to read your oponent's moves and guess when he's gonna use his weapon and at the same time minimally remember the map's layout because hazards respawn each lap and your view gets smaller as time goes on but quick reflexes also help.

- The music: it's ok, does its job but nothing to write home about. It does however capture the spirit of those 1v1 very well so it all just adds up and you just enjoy it that much more.

- Animations: This came to me as a surprise but they're very very good and with a lot of detail in it, it's more noticeable in certain characters like Buckshot and each character has its own animations which is very pleasent since it adds to each character's uniqueness.

- Skins: they exist, I've unlocked a few, but I have no idea how to change them, maybe it's a "2 players picked the same character" deal. So far all I've unlocked have been pallet swaps so I'm not expecting anything major down the line.

- Map variety: A strong number of base levels, most of which you'll have to unlock but you'll do that very quicly, that can be increased through the workshop. I'm still not sure if the Prototype level is a level on its own or if its there to gather information and then be adjusted accordingly before it's implemented.

- Joykillers: The very reason why I'm writting this instead of playing it right now - the game froze on me again. I stll have no idea what causes it and I don't know if it would be a lesser problem if I didn't play it in fullscreen but it's something that exists. Then again it's on Early Access so this kind of things come with the territory.

All in all a very fun game to play with friends and with strangers that you can play in short bursts or long marathons and you'll enjoy it just the same.

honestly so much fun. i remember playing Dunderhussan contests. now that was a champ right there.

Speaking of which, i got a Speedrunners key from the tinyBuild keys. will give away shortly

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Spoiler Alert -- MB-67754990DFF440E0 - Taken by darkchewie
Not The Robots -- MB-3024FA6D936F568A - Taken by Akuosa
Not The Robots #3 -- MB-6906959419165C9A - Taken by Gintoki
Not The Robots #2 -- MB-9B989CB1915EF7F4 - Taken by Eanan
Gun Monkeys -- MB-0E9CBAFA0D57F96E - Taken by schwupp
Not The Robots #4 -- MB-B165241554371BDC - Taken by fallout

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Not The Robots #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Gun Monkeys was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Chariot

Kinguin has their own team for CS now lol
Of course they do. I hope more hentai sites pick teams up and people have to decide wether they cheer for the creepy borderline criminals or lovely fappers.

So Warren says Max Power, an awesome name if I've ever heard one. That's one point against the Warren haters.
I won't support creepers. Mark my words: Max gotta look out for herself with Warren around.

dot

... Yeah, I'm still not a fan of RE5.
"Here's 2 bullets, now fight 50 billion enemies", and the detection window for the hand to hand stuff is so small it's almost useless.

Shoot them once in the head/arm/foot, and then melee them.

It's not really that hard.

schwupp

code right up there

thanks again!

here is the one i got for the masses ;)
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (schwupp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fearless Fantasy -- MB-8FA83AE3D42C8AE5 - Taken by crazyrabbits

MUnited83

For you.
In addition to Prince Capsicum, several other games were yanked recently:

- CSI: Hard Evidence (licence expired)

calculon-no.png

Goddamit! Though I guess it was expected with the series being cancelled and alll...

I once bought something from G2A.

How fucked am I?

If you buy directly from G2A themselves, I'd say you are safe 99.9% of the time. The main issue is the marketplace, where anybody can sell things. It's like walking on a damn minefield.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I want to say yes? But I don't know for sure. What's your Steam name, I'll send it to you anyway, if you don't want it you can give to someone else or send it to trashbot.

Awesome, thanks dude. PM'd you.

Free game from TinyBuild again
https://www.facebook.com/tinyBuildGames/app_185301094822359
Possible games range from Spoiler Alert, SpeedRunners, Not the Robots, Fearless Fantasy, Lovely Planet

Woah, I had no idea Lovely Planet was a TinyBuild published game!

L.O.R.D

man , every time i feel hungry i open youtube and watch some videos from food channel like BBQ Pit Boys
and become more hungry
then i open cook serve delicious hoping i make something look good
or trying to mess in the kitchen to make a burger or something to eat

Lain

calculon-no.png

Goddamit! Though I guess it was expected with the series being cancelled and alll...

CSI got cancelled? I remember loving it when it had Grissom and then losing interested once the character left. I guess in time, people lost interest too.

Also, I wanted to get that game too but was always waiting on a sale.

Lain

No matter what people say CSI:NY was the best.

That's the one I just couldn't stand =p. I found Miami more watchable, though none of them were as interesting as the main one for me. I just loved Grissom as a character and his team, I guess.

I'm guessing the Van Helsing 3 steam page has a 20% off because I own the past 2 games? Since the store was showing only 10% off on the frontpage. I'm actually considering grabbing it, hmmm.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's the one I just couldn't stand =p. I found Miami more watchable, though none of them were as interesting as the main one for me. I just loved Grissom as a character and his team, I guess.

I'm guessing the Van Helsing 3 steam page has a 20% off because I own the past 2 games? Since the store was showing only 10% off on the frontpage. I'm actually considering grabbing it, hmmm.

Yeah, +10% loyalty discount.

Free game from TinyBuild again
https://www.facebook.com/tinyBuildGames/app_185301094822359
Possible games range from Spoiler Alert, SpeedRunners, Not the Robots, Fearless Fantasy, Lovely Planet
Thanks! I got a Key but it doesn't say what it is?
So, I played a bit of Naissance today. The game is great. The soundtrack is simply wonderful, and that alone is worth the full price of the game.
But the title itself it's a gem. It's like The Cube (the movie) mixed with an Escher's paint settled into Blame's universe. It's unique, but the game is REALLY hard to navigate.
It's NOT a walking simulator, since too often figuring out where you need to go it's very very hard. Puzzles are not easy too, but they are not even too hard, once you learned the "rules" of the world. But hei, I'm loving it, it's so deep, so interesting, so addicting. It's a must.

I leave some screenshot here:

This is a picture from Blame, just to make an idea:
Great post. Read Blame over 10 years ago. What a great thing.
Completed NaissanceE. Deeper into Madness is probably one of the best thing I saw in videogame industry win five years or so, I put that level on par with PT. It's so disturbing, convoluted and well done that makes me love the game even more.

I saw a fan-made sequel exist, someone here gave it a try?

http://triasstudios.itch.io/voyagee
Awesome. Bookmarked.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gorky 17 -- MB-1898E1421BD16FD4 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
AI War: Light of the Spire DLC -- MB-E175AB26037F7137 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
Tower Wars -- MB-92F8BC45A9B7283C - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
AI War: The Zenith Remnant DLC -- MB-4E4C4A9B0D5598BC - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-390DD23DC979B73A - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
AI War: Children of Neinzul DLC -- MB-F563C87D7E39EA24 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-A6167BB38E1F3D29 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator -- MB-247FA67DC5948676 - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.

t1432412392z1.png

Dsyndrome

Man, Chloe keeps trying to do whatever selfish stuff helps her.
Stealing from the handicapped fund?
Really? Complaining about taking a call from
Kate
last episode? Whatever the hell's going on with
Frank
? Shaking my head.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
calculon-no.png

I don't think Ubi voluntarily gave it up. Hard Evidence released roughly 14 months before New York, making it more than 6.5 years old now, and yet it outlasted the latter by about 20 months, plus King Kong is still available (though not on Steam because finishing what you started is hard) and it turns 10 in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom