• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gare Sapphire Mechs -- MB-6D3954CD2DABCDEB - Taken by Abomination
Trackday Manager Beta -- MB-BA02BE42EA4CE1C7 - Taken by fuzzy123
Savant Ascent -- MB-CC80056EEBBEB060 - Taken by Akuosa
Organic Panic -- MB-2B485D39AE0C24B2 - Taken by Saty
Supraball Beta -- MB-F6109D81E8E3BDA8 - Taken by DDayton
Arena Cyber Evolution Founder's Pack DLC -- MB-0758902779F11809 - Taken by iosefe
Magicka Wizard Wars DLC -- MB-234906C2337903A8 - Taken by Belgarion
Make It Indie -- MB-6B9016B424113660 - Taken by alr1ght
ulgzbKC.png
Zombie Solitaire (Desura) -- MB-E84ED31F6964C08C - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Boxes With Guns (Desura) -- MB-2D53290927E33559 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Not The Robots -- MB-E7452BB21BC9158B - Taken by Mikurden
Magicka Wizard Wars and Amazon DLC #4 -- MB-7FB76035D3E73441 - Taken by SSPssp
Arena Cyber Evolution Cyber Media DLC -- MB-C04D110551C77AA3 - Taken by iosefe
Starlaxis Supernova Edition -- MB-CEED47A1376768F1 - Taken by lindarasta
Magicka Wizard Wars and Amazon DLC #5 -- MB-8E7A9BF968DC0E56 - Taken by WinterDemons
Magicka Wizard Wars and Amazon DLC #1 -- MB-69EFBEF820A2D92C - Taken by Kiru
Total War Battles Kingdom Silver Bracelet (in-game) -- MB-AB1A4F970AA2C406
Magicka Wizard Wars and Amazon DLC #3 -- MB-B797BE07C96FC9A2 - Taken by freshVeggie
Magicka Wizard Wars and Amazon DLC #2 -- MB-49E67FFCC6AEFF81 - Taken by nja

The Magicka codes are two-in-one - copy-paste the first half for the game itself, and the second for the Amazon DLC.

L.O.R.D

ModBot said:
Instructions for L.O.R.D:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (L.O.R.D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Spoiler Alert -- MB-323BE77FE22352F7 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.

t1432413677z1.png

Turfster

So, RE5 is just RE4, only in Not-Congo instead of Not-Spain and with shittier mechanics, lazier design and a braindead AI companion?

Man, I never expected to actually miss Ashley.

uh oh im starting to get "display driver has stopped responding and recovered" errors. last time that happened my video card ended up dying. oddly its only happening when in chrome and hasnt happened in game yet

rtcn63

So, RE5 is just RE4, only in Not-Congo instead of Not-Spain and with shittier mechanics, lazier design and a braindead AI companion?

Having to babysit and micromanage your AI partner is probably the worst part of the game. RE6 was an improvement in that respect- your partners are effectively immortal as well having their own ammunition. (Con is you can't use them as item mules)

Nabs

I've been spending more time with SpeedRunners and I know most of you just idled it for cards so I'm leaving my impressions.

- It's a lot of fun: most rounds end quickly both to the winner's merit and the loser's fault but every other time you'll get these intense 1v1 matches that'll gor far longer than the rest of the round and will test your resolve.
You have to be on point but you also have to read your oponent's moves and guess when he's gonna use his weapon and at the same time minimally remember the map's layout because hazards respawn each lap and your view gets smaller as time goes on but quick reflexes also help.

- The music: it's ok, does its job but nothing to write home about. It does however capture the spirit of those 1v1 very well so it all just adds up and you just enjoy it that much more.

- Animations: This came to me as a surprise but they're very very good and with a lot of detail in it, it's more noticeable in certain characters like Buckshot and each character has its own animations which is very pleasent since it adds to each character's uniqueness.

- Skins: they exist, I've unlocked a few, but I have no idea how to change them, maybe it's a "2 players picked the same character" deal. So far all I've unlocked have been pallet swaps so I'm not expecting anything major down the line.

- Map variety: A strong number of base levels, most of which you'll have to unlock but you'll do that very quicly, that can be increased through the workshop. I'm still not sure if the Prototype level is a level on its own or if its there to gather information and then be adjusted accordingly before it's implemented.

- Joykillers: The very reason why I'm writting this instead of playing it right now - the game froze on me again. I stll have no idea what causes it and I don't know if it would be a lesser problem if I didn't play it in fullscreen but it's something that exists. Then again it's on Early Access so this kind of things come with the territory.

All in all a very fun game to play with friends and with strangers that you can play in short bursts or long marathons and you'll enjoy it just the same.

Nice impressions. I haven't played in a bit, so I don't know what's up with the crashing. I bet it has to do with the most recent patch being so massive.

Phinor

uh oh im starting to get "display driver has stopped responding and recovered" errors. last time that happened my video card ended up dying. oddly its only happening when in chrome and hasnt happened in game yet

(Nvidia?) Did you upgrade to the latest Witcher drivers? It's a driver issue, a lot of people having the same issue right now. Drivers crashing even in desktop/browser use and obviously also in-game.

I was worried for couple of days too but decided to google around a bit today. People who have gone back to previous drivers have reported 0 crashes afterwards.

(Nvidia?) Did you upgrade to the latest Witcher drivers? It's a driver issue, a lot of people having the same issue right now. Drivers crashing even in desktop/browser use and obviously also in-game.

I was worried for couple of days too but decided to google around a bit today. People who have gone back to previous drivers have reported 0 crashes afterwards.

yes nvidia. well that makes me feel a tiny bit better at least

Kagemusha

Newegg only lets you use the coupon code EMCASNN85 once, so make sure to add everything to your cart then check out. I got Korra for $6.37

zkylon

zkylewd

but it has blonde jill with robot spider on her boobs and matrix moment with wesker!!

Turfster

Zombie Zoid keys now available for Groupees BAGB19 an DIG
Pixel Star keys now available for Groupees WDN Twitch and Famous

but it has blonde jill with robot spider on her boobs and matrix moment with wesker!!

I haven't gotten there yet.
I... doubt I'll get there, unless it happens in chapter 2-1 =p

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Besiege just got a new patch :)

Changelog V0.09

ADDITIONAL CONTENT

• Added Large Cog Block
  • Added Small Wheel Block
  • Added Shrapnel Cannon Block

IMPROVEMENTS

• Reorganised Block Tabs
  • Created Locomotion Tab
  • Redesigned icon for Mechanical Tab
  • Created new texture for Blade block
  • Grip pad is now more rigid

FIXES

• Fixed birds being killed by machine whilst in edit mode
  • Fixed balloons being popped by machine in edit mode
  • Fixed Buildings & Fences breaking whilst in edit mode
  • Fixed insignias triggering whilst in edit mode
  • Fixed torch out of bounds issues
  • Fixed floating roof bug in Level 16
  • Fixed Freighters exploding with rapid timescale changes
  • Return to level select button in Tolbrynd now takes you to correct menu

CHANGES

• Save & Load menus now blur the UI background elements

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

The gameplay itself is a pretty big improvement over RE4.

Eila

It's a good feeling when RNG is on your side. I had every game but Fearless Fantasy from Tinybuild, and it just so happens that the key I get was Fearless Fantasy.

Nzyme32

Instead of playing Witcher 3 or Life is Strange, I'm watching eurovision and drinking. This is a relaxing weekend.

Anything stupid happen yet? This is the first year in a while that I'm not drinking with a bunch a people and laughing at it; mostly because I'm currently poor as shit and living in the middle of no where right now

Turfster

Anything stupid happen yet? This is the first year in a while that I'm not drinking with a bunch a people and laughing at it; mostly because I'm currently poor as shit and living in the middle of no where right now

According to my twitter feed, people played songs on burning pianos while the Morrigan was summoned through bloody summoning circles, ready to reap souls.

Nzyme32

I was really surprised when i saw that they are doing YT live stream XD

It's not as fun without the passive aggressive commentary of Graham Norton via BBC. Youtube is just kind of flicking through the tracks

According to my twitter feed, people played songs on burning pianos while the Morrigan was summoned through bloody summoning circles, ready to reap souls.

Fuck, those are the best. I knew I'd miss a Scandinavian country (I'm guessing)

def sim

There was a burning piano being played and a bearded woman earlier, otherwise it's been fairly normal. This is my first time watching so I don't know if this year is anything too wild.

I was really surprised when i saw that they are doing YT live stream XD

Yeah, it's pretty dope. I have to install some player to watch on the official site, but this is much more convenient.

Nzyme32

There was a burning piano being played and a bearded woman earlier, otherwise it's been fairly normal. This is my first time watching so I don't know if this year is anything too wild.

I think since 2005 or 2006 it started to get more fun as people got more outlandish since they didn't give a shit. Scandinavian countries went for Metal and crazy costumes rather than pop, which has always been amusing and good. I'm sure something happened last year but can't remember

Zeknurn

This year is incredibly tame and boring. Go back a few years to see Eurovision at its height.

zkylon

zkylewd
I haven't gotten there yet.
I... doubt I'll get there, unless it happens in chapter 2-1 =p
sorry, thought those things were common knowledge :T

anyways, i didn't hate re5 so much. sheva's at best useless if you give her unmatching gun+ammo, so there's that, but in general i enjoyed shooting crap in it and some of the random umbrella stuffs too.

also i like random africa country as a setting, so at least it was somewhere new

but i mean i didn't really like re4 so it's not like i was expecting much of it really

ArjanN

The melee combos are great, the sense of speed when you find a good combat loop, the quick inventory reloads, it all comes together really well. RE4 feels a lot slower by comparison.

Yeah, the combat system is fine in a vacuum, the problem is that the encounter design, set pieces and bosses are crap compared to RE4, which means the combat system feels kind of wasted. Sort of like RE6 actually.

Momentary

Banned
This is just great. Spend all night on duty and now I. Sick as shit on memorial day weekend. Wondering if drinking this sour beer is a good idea or not.

Turfster

The melee combos are great, the sense of speed when you find a good combat loop, the quick inventory reloads, it all comes together really well. RE4 feels a lot slower by comparison.

No. No. What?
The inventory is one of the worst things about RE5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom